Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As one of the few people who liked MoS i shall go into the movies tomorrow with moderate expectations and tissues for the let down.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
"I tried to do it in a technical way. There?s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn?t kill anyone. I think there?s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn?t kill comes from.

So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they?re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy?s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy?s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that?s not really my problem.

A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There?s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy?s machine gun?I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ?You?ve gotta shoot him in the head? because they?re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ?I?m not gonna be the guy that does that!
Lol, you've got to be kidding me.

They're just sleeping!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_129505.png

rrr_img_129507.jpg

rrr_img_129506.jpg

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Snyder says he's a comic book fan, and trying to appeal to what we want as fans. Does anyone want to see a Superman with no charisma, or Batman on a killing spree? Or an incoherent story?

Maybe I'm looking at too many reviews. I might come back tonight and say I loved it.
It's really funny seeing Snyder have to defend Batman killing when one of the primary complaints I always heard about MoS was that Superman killed.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's really funny seeing Snyder have to defend Batman killing when one of the primary complaints I always heard about MoS was that Superman killed.
I don't know that it's funny. I just read one review where it said that he transformed Batman into a "murderous dickhead."

It's at 31% right now on RT.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From that Slate review.

"It is worse than the widely detested Joel Schumacher Batman films, including the one with bat nipples. It is probably worse than the never-filmed Superman movie starring Nicolas Cage would have been."

Oof. Going Monday anyways.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Batman doesn't need to be "grimdark". By definition, Batman is one of the darker mainstream superheroes to begin with; he's a mortal vigilante whose primary foes are dealing with crippling mental disorders and super powers brought on by horrific accidents.

They've done Batman killing and super dark Batman, and they've done them well, but always in one offs. You want to jump start an entire heroes run and make your Batman Thomas Wayne in the flashpoint series, then well...you don't have Batman.

And he can rationalize it anyway he wants - but you're gonna have fans who have been following Batman for years and know why a super dark/killing Batman won't work in the long run.

It's no wonder it feels like they're mocking the darker edged Batman. It is a dark series intrinsically; he's a fucking fool if he thinks people just aren't paying attention.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
this really REALLY cracked me up. I wonder if it would be anywhere near as funny to do the reverse with Charlie Cox seeing the negative rating of Batman v Superman and smiling. I mean obviously it wouldn't be the same since Cox never played Batman, but I think it would still work.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
From that Slate review.

"It is worse than the widely detested Joel Schumacher Batman films, including the one with bat nipples. It is probably worse than the never-filmed Superman movie starring Nicolas Cage would have been."

Oof. Going Monday anyways.
Gah. I believe the Batman movie with the nipples had a higher RT/Meta score.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if it would be anywhere near as funny to do the reverse with Charlie Cox seeing the negative rating of Batman v Superman and smiling. I mean obviously it wouldn't be the same since Cox never played Batman, but I think it would still work.
Jesus. In the future don't just type any random words that come in to your head then his the Post button.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seeing it tonight. It's going to be awful. But I'll see it because it's a super hero movie, just like everyone else.

I wonder what the margin of difference in a "good" superhero movie earning is compared to the "money grab" earning, really. Like 30% total gross maybe? If so they should've just saved money on the actors and script writers and CGI and just gone all C-tier and made a heftier profit.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
At the movie theatre now. It's like the Bloods and Crips, but with Batman and Superman. If one more person wearing an S logo mean mugs me, it's drive by time. Seriously, there are scowls going both ways.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
At the movie theatre now. It's like the Bloods and Crips, but with Batman and Superman. If one more person wearing an S logo mean mugs me, it's drive by time. Seriously, there are scowls going both ways.
just like the movie, its like a metaphor or something