Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
At the movie theatre now. It's like the Bloods and Crips, but with Batman and Superman. If one more person wearing an S logo mean mugs me, it's drive by time. Seriously, there are scowls going both ways.
Any minute now, a bunch of people you've never seen are going to come and sit in between the two groups, and randomly wave at you. They'll wear Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and Wonder Woman t-shirts, you can't miss them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
From that Slate review.

"It is worse than the widely detested Joel Schumacher Batman films, including the one with bat nipples. It is probably worse than the never-filmed Superman movie starring Nicolas Cage would have been."

Oof. Going Monday anyways.
What a fuckin edgelord of a critic. There is literally no way for this movie to be worse than those shitpiles.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a fuckin edgelord of a critic. There is literally no way for this movie to be worse than those shitpiles.
Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, 1989 Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men Origins, Ghost Rider 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, and Fantastic 4 (2015) were all worse than the Schumacher Batman movies.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
At the movie theatre now. It's like the Sharks and the Jets, but with Batman and Superman.
Fixed that for you.

tumblr_n1n0vgoaU31tt7s0fo1_500.gif

welcome-to-the-ghetto-o.gif

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, 1989 Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men Origins, Ghost Rider 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, and Fantastic 4 (2015) were all worse than the Schumacher Batman movies.
We must remember very different things about those movies then, because the Schumacher ones are actually unwatchable.

And yea, that list you have is a definite pile of shit, no question, but I don't think something that has the budget and backing of this undertaking can come outthatbadly.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This movie was pretty awful. 6/10 for a comic book fan maybe.

The best action was the flashback to man of steel. After that it's just a 2 hour long drag of emo moping, repeated slow motion dream sequences and ominous music until the climactic muppet fight.

The ending was particularly eye-rolling, they way they dragged that shit out in the vague hope there was some suspense in there somewhere was pretty cringe worthy.

On the offended fanboy side, batman's plan to win a fight vs superman was objectively terrible. Sadly this plan probably made the most sense of any of the plans in the movie, but at least Lex has the excuse of being completely crazy. ( Although isn't he supposed to be be smart crazy, not pants-on-head retarded crazy ?)

On the bright side, Affleck was actually pretty decent as batman.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished watching:

oh come on! Those reviews are pretty harsh imo. Maybe they are punishing zsnyder for being a douche. Anyway....
Not bad, or awful,not the best thing ever too. Liked few things, really didn't get others and some could have been erased.

Good:
- Batfleck. Blablabla the guy did a good job with the role he was given. Sorry but never cared for Christian Bale and lack of expressions. Yes batfleck is not perfect but at least i felt more compassionate towards this Batman than with the nolan one.
Finally they got rid of the throat cancer voice. Changing his voice with an electronic device was the most obvious choice. How hard could it be? Lol
- this Alfred was different......he was bataman's confident, voice of reason but didn't waste time to make some remarks ahah. I don't know if the comic book Alfred is like previous ones but this change was good imo
- fight scenes.holy fuckin shit! This batman is the one i always wanted to see. Pure arkham games ladies and gents (except one fight scene).
The superman ones is MoS style. So if you didn't like MoS,wont like this.
- soundtrack? Hans zimmer and junkie xl was good choice. Yes....junkie's part is almost similar to mad max but it fit within the movie.

Odd and things that could have been erased:
- the clips with aquaman, cyborg and flash were so forced ffs why trying so hard to set up justice league? So out of place. Just show the email with the logos and that's it.
- the end, back and forth between smallville, metropolis and lex luthor was not well edited imo. I think they should have showed first metropolis, then lex ( and bats visit) and in the end smallville.
- the fight scene with the superman army was......awkward. the coreography was not really fluid. Maybe was to show an old and tired batman?????
- this lex luthor is not menacing. Smart (the way he manipulated everything was great) but being so exentric, really doesn't suit him or the character.
-the trailer really ruined the movie, story wise. Showing doomsday in the end could have been such a good scene.
-the movie is tooooo long. They needed to cut a little more imo

2 more things:
- fortunately they didnt show in the trailer,so i was surprised when lex blew up the capitol building and superman's death ( i know i know doomsday and all).

Maybe i am forgetting other important stuff, so probably i will add later.

7/10

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just finished watching:

oh come on! Those reviews are pretty harsh imo. Maybe they are punishing zsnyder for being a douche. Anyway....
Not bad, or awful,not the best thing ever too. Liked few things, really didn't get others and some could have been erased.

Good:
- Batfleck. Blablabla the guy did a good job with the role he was given. Sorry but never cared for Christian Bale and lack of expressions. Yes batfleck is not perfect but at least i felt more compassionate towards this Batman than with the nolan one.
Finally they got rid of the throat cancer voice. Changing his voice with an electronic device was the most obvious choice. How hard could it be? Lol
- this Alfred was different......he was bataman's confident, voice of reason but didn't waste time to make some remarks ahah. I don't know if the comic book Alfred is like previous ones but this change was good imo
- fight scenes.holy fuckin shit! This batman is the one i always wanted to see. Pure arkham games ladies and gents (except one fight scene).
The superman ones is MoS style. So if you didn't like MoS,wont like this.
- soundtrack? Hans zimmer and junkie xl was good choice. Yes....junkie's part is almost similar to mad max but it fit within the movie.

Odd and things that could have been erased:
- the clips with aquaman, cyborg and flash were so forced ffs why trying so hard to set up justice league? So out of place. Just show the email with the logos and that's it.
- the end, back and forth between smallville, metropolis and lex luthor was not well edited imo. I think they should have showed first metropolis, then lex ( and bats visit) and in the end smallville.
- the fight scene with the superman army was......awkward. the coreography was not really fluid. Maybe was to show an old and tired batman?????
- this lex luthor is not menacing. Smart (the way he manipulated everything was great) but being so exentric, really doesn't suit him or the character.
-the trailer really ruined the movie, story wise. Showing doomsday in the end could have been such a good scene.
-the movie is tooooo long. They needed to cut a little more imo

2 more things:
- fortunately they didnt show in the trailer,so i was surprised when lex blew up the capitol building and superman's death ( i know i know doomsday and all).

Maybe i am forgetting other important stuff, so probably i will add later.

7/10
You're a die hard fanbois. You'll deny it, of course. You know how I know? You went in the middle of the week to see a movie on release date.... complain about the reviews.... THEN write a god damned Masters Thesis on the film.

You know how I know this movie sucks? You still gave it a 7/10.

Brad2770

Just got done watching this. It has it's good and bad parts, but the part I liked best was:

when I got a refund on my ticket

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Friends who are huge DC nerds saw it and immediately went to FB to post that it was AWESOME and that people should ignore the reviews. Though these are also the same guys who defended Prometheus and thought all the Internet criticism aimed at it was baseless and should have been ignored as well.

They've already bought me two tickets to see it with them again tomorrow, and I'm half dreading it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I give it a 6/10. Maybe they should have said this was an alternate reality, one in which Batman has a higher death count than Deadpool did in his own movie. At some point in the movie, my 5 year old gets pissed that Batman is using a gun. I mean, c'mon, Batman killed people he didn't have to. WTH.

Three years of you trolling me in this thread, that Batman was going to be destroyed in this fight, and:

Superman got his stool pushed in. It wasn't even close.
rrr_img_129512.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll be honest, at some point two hours in, I was wishing I was watching a Marvel movie instead. Because those have character development, jokes, etc. Even in the face of the end of the world, The Avengers still crack jokes. There was one joke in the entire movie, and it wasn't funny. This took itself way too seriously, just like MoS did.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This movie was terrible. I made the point about the lack of humor after my viewing as well.

I'm sure Lyrical will attribute it to his spoiler above, but regardless of the outcome, this was just a bad movie all the way around. I enjoyed MoS quite a bit, but this is just a shit sandwich.

I envision the Marvel execs ordering another round of hookers and blow tonight.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Saw it. Not 31% bad or whatever. Maybe 6/10, maybe 6.5/10.

Direction was, awful. Just really bad. Batman vs. humans was pretty cool, but all the rest was just bad.

Though I must admit, it was actually fairly "real" in the sense:

During the Doomsday fight Batman basically takes a back seat. He can't really do shit so he just avoids him. Kind of sad, but also realistic. If this was somewhat real Batman would be like "20 foot tall and immune to damage? Nah, I'm out." Superman and Wonder Woman did fine and he was just support.

Batman did actually kick Superman's ass on a level field, but Superman was never trained to fight, he just punches 10000x harder and faster than his enemies.

Overall they tried to be Avengers and they just... weren't. Sorry DC, you still mostly suck.