Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Just got back. Some cool moments but movie was, by and large, kinda boring. Fifteen minutes of Wonder Woman was by far the best segment. Actress looked great in that role.

Major gripes for me was Batman using guns (granted was a dream/vision sequence) and Michael Cera must've been confused and thought he was The Joker and not Lex Luthor.

By the way, in the Batcave we saw a suit with writing on it - something, something, "Jokes On You". What is that in reference to? Obviously The Joker, but not sure is that's from a particular story-line?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just got back. Some cool moments but movie was, by and large, kinda boring. Fifteen minutes of Wonder Woman was by far the best segment. Actress looked great in that role.

Major gripes for me was Batman using guns (granted was a dream/vision sequence) and Michael Cera must've been confused and thought he was The Joker and not Lex Luthor.

By the way, in the Batcave we saw a suit with writing on it - something, something, "Jokes On You". What is that in reference to? Obviously The Joker, but not sure is that's from a particular story-line?
Dead Robin storyline. It's not a batsuit...look closer
wink.png

And yeah that Michael Cera wannabe was so similar to the Joker, I assumed that was going to be the twist...

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Wait, so is Suicide Squad not part of the new DCU?
You are asking the WRONG guy. These movies are an abomination to DC and have been for a while. Luckily they haven't ruined the only other Fantasy Sci-Fi with rose-colored glasses and full optimism of the American Way. Imagine if Captain Kirk suddenly started saying fuck it, and snapped Khan's neck then pulled out a gat and started shooting people instead of reciting the Declaration of Independence in Shakespearean...

Anywho...yeah that Robin suit has two bullet holes, so I assumed it meant the Joker had killed Robin and was a loose homage to A Death in the Family about the only positive thing to this noisy piece of shit.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
The first half was such a shitfest. Who edited this shit? I'm starting to see that the difference between DC and Marvel movies is quality control. It doesn't seem like DC has any. They took a EXTRA YEAR to perfect this movie and this is the shit they come up with? Without getting into specifics, the performances were great, but overall it just was a mediocre movie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
To the surprise of no one. I think we all spend s lot of time convincing outselves these 'blockbusters' are great to rationalize how fucking stupid we've all become. Mad Max should have been mediocre instead it's probably the movie of the year because we can't quite convince ourselves the Force Awakens and all the other bullshit movies were really worth seeing let alone waiting for. Deadpool was a step above an independent film and were so starved for good shit that it blew up the box office.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I went ahead and read it, spoilers and all.

KRYPTONITE! THEY FUCKING WENT WITH KRYPTONITE!!! JESUS CHRIST KRYPTON WAS SO FUCKING FAR AWAY THAT BY THE TIME A CHUNK OF KRYPTON TRAVELING AT RELATIVISTIC SPEED ARRIVED ON EARTH THE SUN WOULD HAVE EXPANDED INTO A RED GIANT AND FUCKING DESTROYED EARTH.

Seriously, they had a perfect setup for Batman to have somehow gotten readings on Kryptonian atmosphere and make some kind of gas grenade with the same effect as Kryptonite, but no they had to go with the retardedly impossible chunk of Krypton somehow making it all the way to Earth.
Dont forget Snyder said there was no kryptonite in this universe when he was promoting MoS, oh how times change lol

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
So......maybe this is stretching, but the scene where Bruce and Alfred are talking about people and how there are no good people around anymore or they couldn't stay good. It immediately made me think of suicide squad and how I've seen video(s?) stating that the joker in this upcoming movie might not actually be the joker. Thoughts?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Once again this proves Marvel has a better product and better heroes. When your greatest hero is some faggot running around boxing people because his feelers hurt over his mommy and daddy you know you are screwed.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Admittedly I did not mind Wonder Woman at all outside the weird emp like explosion.

Michael Bay may do good explosions but no one levels cities and shows collateral damage like Snyder.