Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Column_sl

shitlord
Sure, Feige's don't just grow on trees but they're setting up an eventual turf battle. And maybe that's what they want. Create a tug of war and see who has the better ideas and vision before tapping them to head the whole thing. Marvel did start out that way before they put Feige in charge of the movie side of things.
They have a Feige his name is Bruce Timm. Let that motherfucker executive produce everything

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
"Ultimate Edition" with stuff added is coming out. I'm not sure I want to invest another 3 hours in this movie.

Juvarisx

Florida
Just that Africa stuff from the trailer makes things make more sense. If this ends up a Kingdom of Heaven or Troy directors cut I will laugh my ass off.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That makes the movie look much better than any of the other trailers put out. How many extra minutes is there ?

Edit - Guess there is over 30 minutes of extra footage

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
"Ultimate Edition" with stuff added is coming out. I'm not sure I want to invest another 3 hours in this movie.

Holy shit, that was actually a good trailer. Going to make me sad if its good with the extra scenes, because it had released next year after Deadpool made "R" okay for comic book movies, it might have done well. (Probably not though--the movie would need to be 5 hours long to fit all the plots well.)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ben Affleck feels Batman isn't original enough and he should probably be writing it. Well not probably, he clearly is going to write it or be pissing in the ears of the writers 24/7. But it's still gonna borrow from comics, after all, he can't do all the work.

Ben Affleck's Batman film will be 'original story' independent of comics | Film | The Guardian
He could probably just ask kevin smith for a script, and itd be better than any shit dc would have ever produced

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
While that's probably true just because DC is shitty, I'm not so sure Kevin Smith is headed in the right direction lately. Have you seen Tusk, for example?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
While that's probably true just because DC is shitty, I'm not so sure Kevin Smith is headed in the right direction lately. Have you seen Tusk, for example?
His Canada trilogy is supposed to be pulp comedy crap, I don't even think he thinks it's gonna make money. Yoga Hosers looks terrible.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Kevin Smith blew his wad years ago. He's like us. Or RR Martin. Fame and money have a tendency to make people indolent and complacent. When Mewes dies or he gets cancer he might churn out one more good one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kevin Smith will fuck some shit up good, like his shitty bluntman and chronic. But you give him something with importance, like Green Arrow and he'll make a good arc like "Quiver". His Daredevil run was good too, when he gave that bitch AIDS and some baby adoption shit.

I mean doesn't he have a podcast devoted to batman? called fatman and the black guy? or something?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah it's Fatman on Batman. He does a podcast/youtube show for it. He also does a couple other ones as well as his constant live shows. Dude definitely keeps busy.

Kevin Smith is at his best when it's something not his own and that he has a passion for, comics for example. I thought he also directed one of the better Flash episodes this season. Apparently he's coming back for a 2 episode run next season.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He absolutely has passion. He's a nerds nerd. I adore him. But he's a shitty writer. Always has been. Ask him he admits it. What Batman or rather DC needs is someone who understands the broader market.

Be honest. Every DC fan knows their shit kicks Marvels ass. Always has. So why has it become the little red headed step kid of Marvel? Worse it's quickly become a niche market because no one these days understands Batman doesn't go around killing people and Superman has never snapped a neck and headed off to go fuck Lois in the bathtub.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Be honest. Every DC fan knows their shit kicks Marvels ass. Always has. So why has it become the little red headed step kid of Marvel? Worse it's quickly become a niche market because no one these days understands Batman doesn't go around killing people and Superman has never snapped a neck and headed off to go fuck Lois in the bathtub.
Marvel has far better heroes than DC. A lot of DC's heroes are one dimensional and absurdly overpowered, which must make writing a movie for them particularly difficult.

Shazam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Mahunter, Green Lantern and Batman all have a nemesis that are just evil versions of them.

Shazam - Black Adam
Superman - Zod
WW - Cheetah
Flash - Reverse Flash
MM - Other Martians
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Batman - Joker

What kind of shitty writing is that?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Marvel has far better heroes than DC. A lot of DC's heroes are one dimensional and absurdly overpowered, which must make writing a movie for them particularly difficult.

Shazam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Mahunter, Green Lantern and Batman all have a nemesis that are just evil versions of them.

Shazam - Black Adam
Superman - Zod
WW - Cheetah
Flash - Reverse Flash
MM - Other Martians
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Batman - Joker

Considering most of the DC universe can be adapted into any type of story that can be written that seems the first comment is incorrect. How many different variations of story has Batman been in? Do you even know? You can put batman in ANY story and he works. That's why for years Detective and Batman were diametrically different books.

That "shitty writing" invented the damn genre. The same genre that is 90% of hollywoods production now. Great way to reduce decades of nuance to the content of a Tijuana Bible.

Also Superman's nemesis is Lex, and that is incredibly nuanced if you bother..or anybody bothers to care about it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not a huge fan of DC, but that list is retarded. It's not like there aren't a significant number of Marvel characters with a nemesis that is essentially just an evil version of themselves.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Considering most of the DC universe can be adapted into any type of story that can be written that seems the first comment is incorrect. How many different variations of story has Batman been in? Do you even know? You can put batman in ANY story and he works. That's why for years Detective and Batman were diametrically different books.
How did I know Batman was going to be the example used, how predictable.

That "shitty writing" invented the damn genre. The same genre that is 90% of hollywoods production now. Great way to reduce decades of nuance to the content of a Tijuana Bible.
Interesting that you mention the Bible, a far older example of the superhero genre, I had no idea DC had been in the publishing game so long.

Also Superman's nemesis is Lex, and that is incredibly nuanced if you bother..or anybody bothers to care about it.
Nobody really does care because both characters are pretty dull.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Shazam - Black Adam
Superman - Zod
WW - Cheetah
Flash - Reverse Flash
MM - Other Martians
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Batman - Joker

So you're saying characters that have been around 70 years have fought an evil version of themselves at some point?

What a retarded argument.