Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey Dipshit, you are the one that said "Evil versions of themselves" at the end of the sentence. Maybe you should proofread what you write and how it can be taken by other superhero fans in this thread. Nemesis, Arch-Enemy was prefaced, but at the end you said they are evil twins of themselves. Which isn't the case in the slightest.

Quit backtracking and admit you aren't a good superhero fan like the rest of us.
rrr_img_135396.png

Devlin

Golden Squire
Too easy to upset the DC faithful with some controversial hyperbole and a sprinkling of truth.

Marvel heroes are still better than DC heroes, hence the better movies right now.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Jesus Christ.

Guy 1 is arguing about whether or not superhero villains are alternate versions of the heroes.
Guy 2 is arguing about whether or not the villains are arch-enemies.

Get on the same fucking page.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lol, that frame of him "shaving" with reflected laser-eye-beams is so out of place in that.
It's a callback to an old Dan Jurgens...aka the guy who wrote the issue...aka the guy who wrote him 20 years ago. It was some dumb meme a few years ago.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Ultimate version is out, and I have it (but haven't watched it). Some reviewers said it flowed better than the original. Anyone concur/disagree?

Malkav

French Madman
Watched the Ultimate cut tonight, and thought it flowed quite well. A bit slow at time sure, but nothing jarring to me.

Keep in mind I didn't see the theatrical version though, so I can't compare.

spronk

FPS noob
If you aren't watching it on iTunes/Amazon, make sure you get the 720p web-dl, best quality bitrate rip out there. Blu ray rips should be out in ~7-10 days or so I think.

Watching now, went in with very low expectations so its not bad but holy shit is it long. 2 hours in now and I need to take a break, still 1 more freaking hour to go. Some really spectacular fight scenes, unfortunately completely obliterated by 15-20 minute scenes where absolutely nothing interesting happens. So glad I am watching this at home and not theaters.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just watched the extended/ultimate whatever edition and it really doesn't change my opinion on the movie overall. It probably did flow a little better, but it still has all of the flaws that have been pointed out many times in the thread. On the scale of all movies ever, it's not exactly horrendous, but compared to the movies Marvel has put out in recent years it's not good.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I won't get through the whole thing tonight, but more than ever it feels like it should be 2 movies. The first a Batman movie (titled whatever, something something Vengeance) and then the second movie Superman: Doomsday.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
bros im not hip on the superhero thing never read comics, saw civil war, the new xmen and defenders of the galaxy, what else should i give a go?

I heard this was pretty bad, but like lyrical said i read alot on imdb that if the version out now was released in theatres it might have gotten better reviews, i guess it tells the story alot better.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well I had no idea that VPN services (or some) policed for torrents. Got a bunch of nasty emails last night while trying to grab this.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Which one were you using?

It makes sense for them since that's a lot of bandwidth usage. I went with a newsgroup provider that also offered VPN because then I'm fairly certain they don't care and/or expect heavy usage on the VPN.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you aren't watching it on iTunes/Amazon, make sure you get the 720p web-dl, best quality bitrate rip out there. Blu ray rips should be out in ~7-10 days or so I think.

Watching now, went in with very low expectations so its not bad but holy shit is it long. 2 hours in now and I need to take a break, still 1 more freaking hour to go. Some really spectacular fight scenes, unfortunately completely obliterated by 15-20 minute scenes where absolutely nothing interesting happens. So glad I am watching this at home and not theaters.
There's a 1080p on torrents now.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I had no idea that VPN services (or some) policed for torrents. Got a bunch of nasty emails last night while trying to grab this.
New to the intrawebz?

Peerblock/Peerguardian is your best friend. All these years of downloading, and I get a warning once every five years. Hell, when I was big into emulation, I downloaded 66,000 videogames, and only got one warning for some old Harry Potter Gameboy game (which incidentally, was so old it was past the statute of limitations).