Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So shooting of this movie has started apparently.
'Batman vs. Superman' footage: Football in 'Man of Steel 2' | EW.com

The Batman-powered Man of Steel sequel isn?t hitting theaters until 2015, and essentially everything about the movie besides the presence of Ben Affleck is shrouded in mystery. Last week, however, we learned that the movie would apparently feature a football game, since director Zack Snyder took his crew to film a showdown between Gotham City University and Metropolis State University. Video has emerged of the filming. There?s no Henry Cavill, no Affleck, definitely no Cranston-ized Lex Luthor, and indeed no indication that this scene will last longer than maybe 20 seconds in the movie.

Still, the member of the crew directing the crowd does offer some tantalizing hints. ?The first play, you guys are all really happy about. The second play is gonna be all at that end, and you?re gonna hate it.? So we know it?s not a blowout, even though Gotham was heavily-favored in my fantasy football league. (That?s what fantasy football is, right?)

Also, the person calls the movie Batman vs. Superman, which could be an official confirmation of the title of the movie. Or it could just be a red herring. Movies often use fake titles while they?re filming, like how Return of the Jedi was called Blue Harvest, and The Dark Knight Rises was called Magnus Rex, and Man of Steel was called The Hunt for the Genetic Codex Or Whatever. Anyhow, watch the video and pray that just maybe this movie is about Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent settling their differences once and for all on the gridiron.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
David Goyer: Man of Steel's Shocking Ending will Affect Batman vs. Superman - IGN

Screenwriter David Goyer says Superman's controversial actions at the end of Man of Steel will likely come into play in the film's sequel.

Goyer, who is also penning the Man of Steel follow-up, recently spoke about the climactic scene in the first film that saw Superman kill General Zod in order to prevent him from taking more innocent lives.

"We were pretty sure that was going to be controversial," Goyer said at the BATFA and BFI Screenwriters' Lecture, according to Digital Spy. "It's not like we were deluding ourselves, and we weren't just doing it to be cool. We felt, in the case of Zod, we wanted to put the character in an impossible situation and make an impossible choice."

Goyer adds that Man of Steel was "in a way Superman Begins" in that the character as we traditionally know him doesn't show up until the final moments of the movie.

"He's not really Superman until the end of the film," the writer continues. "We wanted him to have had that experience of having taken a life and carry that through onto the next films. Because he's Superman and because people idolise him he will have to hold himself to a higher standard."

Of course, the next film will feature Ben Affleck as Batman opposite Henry Cavill's Kal-El. And since the Dark Knight traditionally has a "no kill" rule, this could lead to an interesting debate between the two heroes. Though Superman (generally speaking) has had that same rule? before snapping the good general's neck in Man of Steel.

"This is one area, and I've written comic books as well and this is where I disagree with some of my fellow comic book writers -- 'Superman doesn't kill,'" says Goyer. "It's a rule that exists outside of the narrative and I just don't believe in rules like that. I believe when you're writing film or television, you can't rely on a crutch or rule that exists outside of the narrative of the film. ? So the situation was, Zod says 'I'm not going to stop until you kill me or I kill you.' The reality is no prison on the planet could hold him and in our film Superman can't fly to the moon, and we didn't want to come up with that crutch."

So they had him kill Zod. But wait? the Man of Steel Superman can't fly to the moon? Why not?

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
"This is one area, and I've written comic books as well and this is where I disagree with some of my fellow comic book writers -- 'Superman doesn't kill,'" says Goyer. "It's a rule that exists outside of the narrative and I just don't believe in rules like that. I believe when you're writing film or television, you can't rely on a crutch or rule that exists outside of the narrative of the film. ? So the situation was, Zod says 'I'm not going to stop until you kill me or I kill you.' The reality is no prison on the planet could hold him and in our film Superman can't fly to the moon, and we didn't want to come up with that crutch."
So they had him kill Zod. But wait? the Man of Steel Superman can't fly to the moon? Why not?
Thing is, it's not just Superman and Batman who have a no-kill policy, it's all the heroes in the mainstream DC universe (obviously excluding Vertigo etc), always has been.

That comment about Batman taking issue with him killing Zod as well gives me problems. Firstly, I hope a whole chunk of this film isn't consumed with Superman racked with guilt and Batman playing the moral compass for the world. Secondly, as much as I like Batman how could he even begin to judge Superman. Oh yeah, I don't kill these random villains whose sole motivation is generally knocking off banks and running away with bags of swag so you had no right to kill some super-powered alien intent on wiping out all human life on planet Earth... As much as I like Batman I think in that instance Supes would be perfectly entitled to give him a big red-caped fuck off.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Goyer is lacking some pretty god damn basic understanding of cause and effect, and the characters and motivations of both characters.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
In earlier iterations they didn't want him to fly at all.

Jon Peters (executive producer) Man of SteelJon Peters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superman Lives, Superman Returns and Man of Steel

In his Q&A/comedy DVD, An Evening With Kevin Smith, writer/director Kevin Smith related an anecdote about working for Peters when he was hired to write a script for a new Superman movie, then called Superman Reborn, and later renamed Superman Lives.[7]According to Smith, Peters had expressed disdain for most of Superman's iconic characteristics by demanding that Superman was never to fly[8] or appear in his trademark costume.[8] He also suggested Sean Penn as being ideal for the role, based on his performance as a death row inmate in Dead Man Walking saying that Penn had the eyes of a "caged animal, a fucking killer." Peters then demanded that the third act of the film include a fight between Superman and a giant spider,[9] to be unveiled in an homage to King Kong. Peters later produced the 1999 steampunk western Wild Wild West, the finale of which features a giant mechanical spider.[9]

Smith met Peters after completing a script and Peters instructed him to include a robot sidekick for Brainiac, a fight scene between Brainiac and two polar bears, and a marketable "space dog" pet, similar to Star Wars character Chewbacca. Smith inserted them into his script, but the project eventually was abandoned and the script discarded.

In Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman, Jon Peters admitted that the Superman franchise was problematic for him: "The elements that I was focusing on were away from the heart, it was more leaning towards Star Wars in a sense, you know. I didn't realize the human part of it, I didn't have that."

He subsequently served as producer for Superman Returns, the 2006 movie directed by Bryan Singer, and as an executive producer for Man of Steel, the 2013 movie directed by Zack Snyder.[10]

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Screenwriter David Goyer teases fight - Batman News

Batman vs. Superman screenwriter David Goyer sat down with the Associated Press to talk about the big 2015 movie.

Goyer explained that they?re further along with the movie than people realize. When asked if he pays attention to what the fans would like to say, Goyer said that he tries to ignore that because it prevents him from being creative.

?You have to write the story that you want to write, and hope that people want to see it?, he replied.

At the end of the interview Goyer is asked who he thinks would win in a fight between Batman and Superman.
So Goyer wants to write a story and thenhopespeople want to see it? Uhhhh.. No, you should write a story that people and the millions of fans would want, not what you want.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So Goyer wants to write a story and thenhopespeople want to see it? Uhhhh.. No, you should write a story that people and the millions of fans would want, not what you want.
No way, do it for the art and embrace the creative process. The millions of neckbeards dont know what they want. If they did know it would be stupid anyway.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Eh, I don't know. I place more faith on our resident comic aficionados such as Caliane, Vvoid and Lyrical coming up with a better and more interesting script for this film than Goyer at this point.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I don't know. I place more faith on our resident comic aficionados such as Caliane, Vvoid and Lyrical coming up with a better and more interesting script for this film than Goyer at this point.
From listening to that, it's apparent that Goyer's already made up his mind that Superman should win. What a dick. He says right there in the interview that the comic book purists would say Batman because of prep time, but that it makes no sense because Supes could flick him away.

If Superman wins, we riot!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I love how Batman is this amazing super scientist who is like Newton, Einstein and Hawking put together (yet he never actually uses his intelligence for anything worthwhile like curing cancer, developing vaccines, figuring a cheap energy source) and Superman is just some dumb hick from Krypton with retard strength who couldnt figure out which way to put the batteries into his TV remote.

And thats why Batman can defeat Superman.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love how Batman is this amazing super scientist who is like Newton, Einstein and Hawking put together (yet he never actually uses his intelligence for anything worthwhile like curing cancer, developing vaccines, figuring a cheap energy source) and Superman is just some dumb hick from Krypton with retard strength who couldnt figure out which way to put the batteries into his TV remote.

And thats why Batman can defeat Superman.
LOL

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there was a superman comic that came out a few years back called "Superman Earth-2" or something. basically it was about a re-imagining of superman and the idea that he's pretty much perfect. there's a scene where he comes to metropolis for the first time to start his new life and applies to all these different positions. he goes to the football team and just destroys the team using his superpowers, but not overtly (not using super speed and letting himself get tackled). he's goes to some applied sciences corporation and solves their formula is like 15 seconds and a bunch of other places where he demonstrates to the reader that he literally is a super man in every respect. then he ends up choosing to work at the daily bugle because it's the only career where it makes sense for him to be around all these problems.

anyways, i remember reading it and thinking, THIS is why superman is awesome. he can literally do anything. the villian was some brand new douche bag alien who blew up krypton and wants to kill the last kryptonian. i remember reading it like 2 or 3 years ago and i kept thinking they needed to have a lot more stories with THIS superman. then i went and saw man of steel and i was like... this... this is literally page for page conceptually identical... except, there is absolutely no soul to this movie. hm.