Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The problem I have with Jesse Eisenberg is that he's basically Jesse Eisenberg in everything he plays. He's the tense, neurotic, slightly jumpy, usually cocky character. That's not to say I don't think he has the talent to pull off Lex Luthor, but that I'll likely have a really hard time suspending disbelief and keep wondering why Superman is pummeling the magician who started Facebook after fighting zombies.
Other than The Social Network I have only seen him in Adventureland, Zombieland, and Now You See Me. In the first two he was that neurotic guy, but in the last one he really wasn't. I don't know, I don't see it at all, but whatever if it works it works.

Column_sl

shitlord
They're renaming the movie JLA Superbad

BfVwxaOCQAAQY71.jpg:large

sole

Molten Core Raider
Brilliant casting choice, pretty fucking bold. Same shit happened when Ledger was cast. This is the best casting choice this movie has seen so far.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The nasally voice is the biggest problem. He can absolutely pull off the cocky smartest-guy-in-the-room attitude, but that voice is going to really hurt it. Especially after so many years of cartoon Lex being so deep voiced. But that's a problem for us nerds, not normal people.

My initial reaction was to cringe, but after a little thinking I don't totally hate it. If he tones down the normal tics I think he'll be fine.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Lex has never been cast particularly well, Gene Hackman while being a great actor was terrible. I've never been a big Spacey fan but he was pretty bad, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Seems a lot like the casting of Ledger as the Joker.

Personally I think Lex from Smallville was the best that character has been in media other then the comics.

Caliane

Gene Hackman Lex is well. yeah weird. He put zero effort into playing Lex. Refusing to cut his hair...
However, it should also be noted the first movie was BEFORE Crisis on Infinite Earths, which introduced business man Lex. Prior to that, he was mad scientist Lex. but even then, Hackman was doing a car salesman, more then mad scientist.

Spacey then of course, was playing Gene Hackman, playing Lex... where, if you were hoping for sex Luthor, from JLU. you didn't get that. The script of course was the real problem.

Yeah, Rosenbaum did great.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Michael Rosenbaum remains the best live action luthor. He was the saving grace for that show on so many occasions.

Arakkis

N00b
Jeremy Irons as Alfred is pretty badass. I honestly have hope for Eisenberg as Luthor. I want to see ultra-intelligent jew hair nerd vs. body of steel Henry Cavill.

Szlia

If you can make good Batman movies with Michael Keaton, I am sure you also can do some with Ben Affleck.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I can see not loving affleck as batman, but to suggest he isn't a great actor is a joke and you lose all credibility