Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
there is more then that. but yeah, Bale was not great as Batman really.
I was considering commenting on it, earlier, but didn't bother.

There are great performances, and great portrayals. and the two often do not overlap.

Keaton and Nicholas for Batman.
Neither portrayed their characters very well. but, the performances made up for it.
Hackman and his Luthor. same deal. Couldn't even be bothered to shave his head, but... was so amusing to watch. no one cared.
Nicholas's Joker as the JOKER was shit. But as a villain in that movie. great.

We have NEVER had a great Batman that really nailed Bruce and Batman, since West.
Bale hit it here and there. But like the Batman voice has become a running joke. not because its omg perfect portrayal, but instead because its hilarious.

Don't think this was linked before was it? But look at this shit. :20. That shift in posture, and demeanure.

Reeves obviously nailed it. Snipes did Blade perfectly. New Nick Fury IS sam Jackson... so thats kindof a perfect match...
Urban nailed it.
I also think routh got shafted. He did good with what he had. Cavil also didn't have enough to work with, although he didnt do much with that either.

Jackman is a 6'2" Australian. he sure as hell did not nail the 5'2" Canadian Wolverine.
Good post.

And yeah, Grim, I forgot about Edward Norton. I think his performance as the hulk is underrated.

I think most of my dislike for Bale's batman is because of the writing and overall actions by Batman. Batman is a master detective, gadget user, stealth expert and fighter in that order. Bale's batman was a gadget user and fighter only.

I also don't agree that Nicholson's joker as the joker was shit. He pales in comparison to Ledger's joker but I think it filled the role

I even think he was closer to what Joker usually is than Ledger:

(This video also shows how inept Bale's batman was. If Kevin Conroy was doing the voice he would've launched some smoke bombs, grapplefucked the joker and nobody would even know what was going on).

This was the only scene in all three movies that I felt like Batman was legit

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This movie is pointless. Goku could beat down both at the same time.

rrr_img_59065.jpg
nope

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wtf? Goku grows a tail when he powers up? Just how gay do you have to be to like that shit?
All Saiyans have tails. Goku's is cut off in the original Dragonball series, Vegeta's is cut off in the DBZ series, Raditz and Nappa are both killed with their tales intact iirc. The bullshit with their tales growing back is from Dragonball GT, not Z.

What a bunch of garbage, comparing Goku to all-star Superman. All-star Superman is basically a cosmic level being. Besides, Superman has no defense against magic so Goku just assembles the dragonballs and wishes Superman beaten or some bs. Anyway Superman beats Batman who beats Goku who beats Superman

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
but who cares about Dragonball GT....that shit was horrendous.
about lex luthor, the facebook guy? not pleased i might say

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jackman is a 6'2" Australian. he sure as hell did not nail the 5'2" Canadian Wolverine.
Whether he nailed it or not, he made me, a life-long Wolverine hater, actually like the character. I can't even think about Wolverine anymore without picturing Jackman first. Mission accomplished I'd say.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not a chance. Goku teleports Supes Prime to a space where there is no sun or oxygen. Done. That's the quickest fight ever.
Goku would only fight an opponent at their full strength. Plus he wouldn't know about Superman's weaknesses.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that Goku winning is predicated on the idea that Superman never throws a punch. Because 1 punch will liquify Goku's head.

I mean, not that it will get that close since Supes can lobotomize him from range.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that Goku winning is predicated on the idea that Superman never throws a punch. Because 1 punch will liquify Goku's head.

I mean, not that it will get that close since Supes can lobotomize him from range.
I like that Superman winning is predicated on the idea that Goku never throws a punch. Because 1 punch will liquify Superman's head.

I mean, not that it will get that close since Goku can atomize him from range.

gavinbro did you watch the video?
Obviously, or I wouldn't have been able to point out how fucking stupid that video is for using All-star Superman as the baseline.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I've never heard a theory that accurately shows Goku ever being able to defeat Superman. If Goku was a calculated killer with Batman's mentality and cunning then sure, Superman has weaknesses. Goku fights people at full power, and at full power he gets obliterated by Superman.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Okay, sure thing. I bow to your infinite knowledge on the hypothetical subject matter.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Goku's strongest superpower is that he has the laziest fucking writers in the world. He would underestimate Superman, get his ass beat, recover/train somewhere else for a while as his friends take turns getting beat up by Supes, then come back and kill Superman with a single breath, fueled by the power of bullshit.

Caliane

Goku's strongest superpower is that he has the laziest fucking writers in the world. He would underestimate Superman, get his ass beat, recover/train somewhere else for a while as his friends take turns getting beat up by Supes, then come back and kill Superman with a single breath, fueled by the power of bullshit.
Superman is just as bullshit often.
Goku can die. He comes back to life via wishes from the dragon.
Superman just straight up wills himself back from the dead. In canon, and out of it.
It has been hinted pretty often. Superman is immortal.
Takes omega sanctions to the face, etc.. (which shouldn't happen)

A real problem with superman is also, there are many many canons. Things like all star, red son, etc. or even in mainstream comics themselves, many era's and reboots.
And temporary powerups.
There are many times Superman goes full meta. Superman thought robot. superman 2million. Final crisis has a moment where superman stops and looks at YOU the reader,and acknowledges you.
And what is a real issue here, the is, what is the true superman? Even nu52 action comics has superman fighting a corporate multidimensional Superman amalgam.
Hypercrisis and all that. EVERYTHING is canon. There isn't just one superman, there is a universal idea of superman.

All star is referenced in the video. Which is done right after they say they aren't using non-canon, etc. yet, thats the thing though. People use end of story Goku as baseline, but won't use full power Superman.
And Allstar kindof IS in canon with 2million... although, lol nu52 reboot.

It should also be noted, they stole that weight machine scene for nu52. Nu52 superman is that strong all the time apparently.

So whatever., stupid argument.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like that Superman winning is predicated on the idea that Goku never throws a punch. Because 1 punch will liquify Superman's head.

I mean, not that it will get that close since Goku can atomize him from range.

Obviously, or I wouldn't have been able to point out how fucking stupid that video is for using All-star Superman as the baseline.
3096611-2203100027-60936.jpg

Your move.