Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Caliane

It basically invented "gritty reboot". And that basically says everything you need to know about it and people who like it.

Yeah , the introduction of massive amounts of people and the JLA in one movie.... so much to fit into one movie. Also there is gonna have to be some super villian , i mean i never followed JL so dunno if you need an alliance of heroes for Lex.

Caliane

Implying Lex isn't the hero we need.
rrr_img_67238.jpg

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
His mech suit that was in the cinematics for DC Universe was cool as shit. That looks awful.

Caliane

ha it does, doesn't it.

Palm energy beams can only look like Ironman now. Luthors guns should stay on the back of his wrists.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Frank Miller also came up with the idea that Batman and Superman would not be friends. People are not joking when they say everything in modern batman is based off The Dark Knight Returns.

Caliane

Frank Miller also came up with the idea that Batman and Superman would not be friends. People are not joking when they say everything in modern batman is based off The Dark Knight Returns.
This not entirely true.
They are still good friends in the comics. But much like Aquaman being a joke in the public, the public face constantly shown for anyone that doesn't read comics, is that animosity. public perception vs reality.
It should be noted that most even misread The Dark Knight. Again, Superman doesn't "lose", he just stands there and lets Batman beat himself to death on supermans face. And everyone seems to forget he knows Bruce is alive, and being Superman just smiles at it. Even after attacking him, still his friend.

Much of Batman really is though. and sadly the WORST parts.
The insane paranoid loner.

Morrison's work was a massive redemption. Heavy emphasis on the Batfamily. Dick taking over the mantle of Batman. Batman growing up as a person, and father.
The death of Damien, and Talia.

Sadly status quo of Dark Knight fanwanks, have pushed him back again.
It should be noted, that really the Dark Knight Batman, can not work as a member of the Justice League. Nor again, the Batfamily. Barbara, Dick, Jason, Tim, Cass, Steph. Father and insane sociopath don't mix.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
A lot of modern Aquaman stuff is actually pretty good, ie king of the atlanteans and duke it out with Wonderman, much less about talking to fish.

That casting choice makes zero goddamn sense though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Christ, these guys are always trying to make aqua-man cool. They are even getting him an actor so he can play the Justice League "King of Atlantia" hook-handed Aqua bad ass (Which almost succeeded in making him cool.Almost). But it still doesn't work, even if they give him super strength, super durability, control of the water (So yes, I know he's essentially water-super man in the comics)--and everything. In the end, his primary power just makes him lame, and that's because comics are based on myths, and the myths of "nature control" in an era of technology and rationality just falls so flat. (And I know he has super strength, but it's not his "primary" power--and that's really what myths or perceptions of myths are based on.)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's not really about his power set being lame or his "nature based myth" being out of touch. take a look at marvel's version. Namor is beast mode and people are clamoring for more media exposure for him. Also, nature based myth? do you mean simply that he uses nature as his weapon? or specifically the myth aspect? either way i'm not sure I agree either. Storm is always popular (in the comics, not so much live action, but that's halle berry's fault) and she's about as "nature based" as you can get. if you mean MYTH then Atlantis is a solid piece of pop culture that is not really going anywhere soon. Aquaman was cool until the superfriends. then it just put a magnifying glass on OH HEY THIS GUY TALKS TO FISH!

barbarian king aquaman is pretty baller.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked Namor in... get this, the Ultimate Universe. He was a criminal. Super strong. He wanted to fuck Sue Storm a lot.