Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Caliane

There is talks about Thunderbolts. Gunn himself wants it apparently.

And, no really, every Suicide Squad has had different members. Reusing the same team totally defeats the idea.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good point, they need a very different squad from the last big budget live action Suicide Squad movie that everyone is sick of already.

edit: Of course the actual members aren't important so much as how they're written and acted. I just like that version of the team and so did a lot of other people. Plus the idea that they have to be a different squad for the first movie is just silly.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
this movie is gonna be such a pile of dog shit

Is Jena Malone Playing Female Robin?
I can't help but get the feeling there's some conflict within the studio as to whether or not they are doing an adaptation of Frank Miller'sThe Dark Knight Returns. On one hand, it's Superman vs. Batman and apparently Carrie Kelley is Robin... but then Lex Luthor is the main villain and Wonder Woman and Cyborg are in it.

Regardless, I am surprised they'd go with a female Robin since introducing Dick Grayson would leave them open to eventually doing a Nightwing movie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lex luthor is the villian for the super shitty dark jnight strikes again, also with carrie as batmans catwoman fetish, so maybe thats how they get the halle stink off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They are trying to put way too many things in this movie. I will be surprise if it's anything but a total mess.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They seem to be trying to out-Avengers Marvel/Disney. "Oh you made a bunch of movies and then brought them together into a mega hit? Well fuck you! We'll put the whole DC Universe into our first picture!!"

It also seems pretty clear that they continually evolved their storyline and scope of the thing as they went along. I very much doubt they had much in the line of a definitive narrative planned out when they first announced Batman Superman

Caliane

I'm getting more amusement out of this being a massive clusterfuck, then I could possibly get, if the movie was actually good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
How do the DC people not realize throwing as many heroes/villains into a single movie as they can is a recipe for failure? I'm guessing none of them have seen Batman and Robin or Spider-Man 3.

I'm still optimistic about this since I really enjoyed Man of Steel, but it seems like each update I read makes it harder and harder to stay positive.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
because everyone LOVES blur's intro for DCU. so they thought, IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE CHARACTERS IN IT!! and just followed that to it's most illogical conclusion

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Combining the above two posts, the movie would work if it was blur's intro for DCU, but 2 hours long.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Theyve already committed to so many spinoff pictures for this thing...what in god's name do they do if it ends up being a total failure?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Theyve already committed to so many spinoff pictures for this thing...what in god's name do they do if it ends up being a total failure?
By the timeBatman v Supermancomes out, they'll have far too much momentum to do anything but push forward. By that point, they'll likely already have three films in production (Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, andJustice League 1) with another two (The FlashandAquaman) probably in pre-production. To do anything other than release those films would be a financial disaster. At least putting them out means they can recoup some of the cost.

I think the one smart decision they potentially have made is to haveSuicide Squadbe the movie immediately afterBatman v Superman. Depending on their plans with it, it's a movie that might not have significant ties to the Justice League and that could buy them some time to retool the rest of their plans.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone eventually needs to make a DC Movie Universe thread to go along with the Marvel one. When these things become a reality.

Until then

Next few years of superhero movies.

Ik6wjKr.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait a minute. Maybe this has been discussed before, but I thought Deadpool isn't actually a mutant, so how did Fox get the rights to him?