Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
As much as I love Batman over Superman. It is obvious that a Superman who was not hesitant and had no restraint would instantly kill him without even trying. But that is the thing, much like in the Hush story. The only reason Bats ever has a chance is because Superman is always hesitant and always shows restraint.

As the Hush arc so eloquently put it, "Deep down, Clark is a good person and deep down I am not." So you kind of have two opposing forces. One who shows restraint because he doesn't want to cause mass death and destruction and one who shows restraint because he DOES want to just kill people but must suppress it. Fighting his demons or whatever.

This dynamic is the ONLY way that Batman vs Superman can be written convincingly. But it does make it interesting and that's all I really care about.
Hush is another overrated comic book. Unlike DKR though, it's not even good.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It wasn't a great story, but Jim Lee's artwork was beautiful. That was the whole point of the story. Jim Lee!

Column_sl

shitlord
Hush is amazing, wtf are you nerds talking about. You have to hate Batman to hate that book.Jeph Loeb before his son died, wrote the best batman stories ever imo.

Public enemies is another great read from him.

Love these quotes from that book

Batman: It is a remarkable dichotomy.In many ways,Clark is the most human of us all
Batman : Then ...he shoots fire from the skies ,and it is difficult not to think of him as a god.
Batman : And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea you could pretty much vomit trying to read DKR, cuz the art is so disgusting.

But Jim Lee can make a shit story like Hush look good. I'd say only Capullo comes close to awesome batman.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hush is another overrated comic book. Unlike DKR though, it's not even good.
Hush is a greatest hits compilation with Jim Lee art. It is very basic and very rudementary. Hush as a villian sucks. It is what it is and i dont fault it for being a "jump on board" piece.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hush is amazing, wtf are you nerds talking about. You have to hate Batman to hate that book.Jeph Loeb before his son died, wrote the best batman stories ever imo.

Public enemies is another great read from him.

Love these quotes from that book

Batman: It is a remarkable dichotomy.In many ways,Clark is the most human of us all
Batman : Then ...he shoots fire from the skies ,and it is difficult not to think of him as a god.
Batman : And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.
That's probably my favorite comic book quote of all time.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Clearly I need to read Hush.

Eye of the beholder fella. I really like Frank Miller's artwork. DKR and Ronin being prime examples.
Then Dark knight strikes again happens. Which people attempt to say the art is parody. But it is just as ugly as HOLY TERROR! I think he just got a case of the alcohol shakes now.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I feel like this argument sucks so bad if you separated all involved, asked them what the argument was about and then listed the answers you'd have different arguments.

However, I do want to see our resident lawyer and resident small business owner throw personal insults toward each other like Supes vs Zod, so please continue.
Does the small business owner run a Batman only comic shop?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
If I'm not mistaken DKR Superman had just barely survived a nuclear explosion before confronting Batman as well, was presumably a bit weaker.

Haha yeah, I totally forgot about this shit I always hated too:
6Hexf.jpg

I wouldn't blame someone for say DKR is overrated. It's also hard not to look back at it more critically because of what Miller has done after.
DKR shows why Miller needs a strong author - he had one willing to call him out on his bullshit on that and basically hasn't had any since.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's as hilarious and pathetic as nerds arguing about light sabers.
Superman Returns sucked because all he did was lift shit.
Man of Steel sucked because he didn't lift enough shit and punched bad guys instead.

Superman can't catch a break.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well... They DID. lately its been much more sub-par. Not terrible, per se... Just not nearly as awesome as they had been