Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Iha5XJ4.gif

fake?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
With how irrational and illogical Lyrical is in this thread (and the weight lifting thread, for that matter), makes me wonder about all the other shit he says that we take at face value because zomg Lyrical MBA smart man.
Because I care what a blood leeching Lawyer thinks? What's the matter, have no more bone marrow to steal?

Worst profession ever.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just so you realize Lyrical, you completely ignored the actual thrust of his argument, and picked out a strawman to rail against. Not that I'd expect you to rationally debate when you're claiming batman could realistically have a chance against a kryptonian, but this was really lame.
You all still have not given a good answer for Faora getting KO'd by a mundane military weapon, nice try at deflection.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I knew that anything I said wouldn't be accepted by you, and even though I generally try to be polite to you, you just can't help yourself can you?

Ok, for the sake of debate instead of just throwing up my hands and admitting it is pointless to try, maybe it doesn't take 30 years to reach maximum potential. Maybe it takes an hour. Or thirty minutes, who knows? Hell, maybe it takes thirty seconds, because Faora was in her suit the entire time, and as soon as Zod threw his off he was almost Clark's equal. Maybe if Faora had just taken her damn suit off she would have shrugged off that Maverick missile (which is a LOT more powerful than an RPG) like it was nothing.

I'm not sure where your hatred of me actually comes from, to be honest. Plenty of people have said a lot worse than I ever have, and except for the Tanoomba part I don't even know what I've ever said to you that was anywhere close to what you've said to half a dozen people just in the past day, but if I'm the easy target for you, then go ahead I guess. Just because I admit that I enjoy a good Superman story, and dislike the direction the comic book Batman has gone the past few decades (the movies were great I felt), does that make me an automatic adversary for you? I actually try to remain civil to just about everyone, including you, and all you've done is shit on me repeatedly. Why? Are you that upset that someone doesn't revere Batman above all others? If so, you've got a lot of shitting to get to, based on this thread.
Sensitive much?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Because I care what a blood leeching Lawyer thinks? What's the matter, have no more bone marrow to steal?

Worst profession ever.
You don't want to get personal with the insults, fat fucking yard guy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man reading Lyrical becoming unhinged because people think his man-crush can't win, might be more entertaining then this movie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I didn't think people cared about this stuff so deeply. It's stupefying reading this thread. I've never been around die hard comic fans but I always thought the stereotypes were surely over the top. Not for everyone, I guess.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This thread is the funniest shit fest. Good job guys! I love reading comic guys complain about logic and plot discrepancies! Lol, that shit always gets me laughing.

Did you see where Batman was almost hurt by Imperiex? No fucking way! Was he wearing his anti-Imperiex armor he made last year made of Metallica-ernium? Yeah, but lucky shot you know! On the other side, Superman is impervious to everything but green Kryptonite! Well, that and blue, black, gold, purple, slightly off-white kryptonite and don't forget transparent either! That stuff is hardcore! Watch out superguy!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
original batman was a regular dude in a car who used guns like a cop. original superman was an alien from another planet but he could not fly, he just literally leap tall buildings in a single bound. even OG superman v batman would still be superman wiping the shit on his ass with bruce wayne's lifeless corpse.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You all still have not given a good answer for Faora getting KO'd by a mundane military weapon, nice try at deflection.
I did. It is at least as good an explanation as any of the ones you have given in these threads. Except you're the only one that cares enough to go cherry-pick specific panels from specific comics, even though we're discussing a movie universe that doesn't even have fucking expanded universe comics for it. Not to mention a Batman that technically hasn't ever appeared in said movie universe, since this is NOT Nolan's Batman from what we've been told. Or even DC Comic Universe. If it does happen to be Nolan's Batman, how about you restrict your examples to those movies then please, instead of outrageous comic panels that have no bearing here?

Sensitive much?
Yes, very, I am actually sobbing into my Superman pillow while wearing my Superman underoos right now because we can't be friends.

No, actually, I was trying to determine if you're really as fucking crazy as you present yourself here, or if you're just putting on a show for whatever perverse reason. Whoever wins, we all lose.

To get a little back on track, just about all of us here realize that they will make Batman capable of foiling Superman somehow, maybe even hurting him. And through whatever means they will end up grudgingly respecting each other and eventually they will team up and form the Justice League, with no one ever actually "winning." Much as it would warm my evil little Superman-heart to see Superman stand there calmly while Batman throws everything he has at him until he can convince Bruce that he's not a threat, we all know that isn't going to happen because it wouldn't be exciting. It also wouldn't allow stupid threads like this to continue, because it would end the movie version of the debate definitively, and they aren't stupid enough to do something that dumb.

So in the end, it will be a tie. There, issue settled.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd like to believe that they are going to introduce a greater threat, ie Brainiac or something, or Lex unveils his MASTER PLAN of stealing oil from Alaska. Something where you look at Batman and Superman doing crazy shit and Supe's might be holding back a little, then they both decide it is better for everyone if they just focus on the bad guys instead of the not-clearly-bad guys.

But this is DC, so eh, whatever.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As much as I love Batman over Superman. It is obvious that a Superman who was not hesitant and had no restraint would instantly kill him without even trying. But that is the thing, much like in the Hush story. The only reason Bats ever has a chance is because Superman is always hesitant and always shows restraint.

As the Hush arc so eloquently put it, "Deep down, Clark is a good person and deep down I am not." So you kind of have two opposing forces. One who shows restraint because he doesn't want to cause mass death and destruction and one who shows restraint because he DOES want to just kill people but must suppress it. Fighting his demons or whatever.

This dynamic is the ONLY way that Batman vs Superman can be written convincingly. But it does make it interesting and that's all I really care about.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah but superman in this universe has already killed some one, superman just hovers into the air and starts edging. Then, when batman shows up to take his super load it just blows right through the back of batmans throat severing his spine.

Then Oliver Queen the better billionaire in the DC universe shows up tells supes about the Lazarus Pit, Batman gets resurrected and decides hes supermans bitch and is pretty chill from then on out and they solve problems with the power of friendship.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this argument sucks so bad if you separated all involved, asked them what the argument was about and then listed the answers you'd have different arguments.

However, I do want to see our resident lawyer and resident small business owner throw personal insults toward each other like Supes vs Zod, so please continue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but he's posted the most about it. We also have more lawyers but Cad is the most public about it.