Battlefield 1

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Haha nice effort EA. One of the maps is in a forest, well, that forest is identical to the Endor map in Battlefront but with lower trees.

Guns are modded.

Going to try it out when I get home... Nothing to really complain about. We all know we are paying 60 bucks to play what was traditionally a DLC mod anyway.
Wait I thought Battlefront was a DLC mod of BF4?

Is this now a DLC mod of a DLC mod?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Haha nice effort EA. One of the maps is in a forest, well, that forest is identical to the Endor map in Battlefront but with lower trees.

Guns are modded.

Going to try it out when I get home... Nothing to really complain about. We all know we are paying 60 bucks to play what was traditionally a DLC mod anyway.

So why are you buying it for fucks sake?!

• 1SJW

xzi

Mouthbreather
bomber planes are fun as fuck tbh. I'm enjoying just doing bombing runs lol

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Rustled :) I just find it funny that I saw some comparisons of maps and they looked identical. I wouldnt It expect anything different. They shit this thing out in a year and a half. Still looks fun. Just calling it how it is.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
EA servers have shit the bed hard, supposedly being DDOS'd by a group called Poodlecorp or some stupid crap like that. Sometimes I feel like these companies make up hacker groups to cover their own severe incompetence. I can launch the game, but fail to connect to ea servers, retry does nothing. My buddy is playing and loving it though.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The few servers that having players have like 200 people in queue, lol.

EA is fucking up the start of my vacation.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After farting around with it all day..... so much is hidden which is what would make me consider it.

But I'm starting to lean towards fuck this game. Planes fly retarded kinda like every aircraft since bf4 but getting worse with each game. Bombers super strong if the bomb sites dont suck w/ lag, countered by such easy targets.

It's fun but I think the new game/interesting setting will wear off fast then you start to see the lack of polish, the ripe of battlefront (and for some reason climbing most ledges a bitch, lets you climb and immediately slip down.)

I really don't like how there is a bunch of "classes" under DLC paywall. After the reddit unlocks or whatever, just the flame thrower guy is irritating already with the steel you cant hit my head helmet..... (Flame doesn't kill instant, but I'll give it that it sure is a great aoe you can't see and panic as you burn)

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, finally got into a game on Xbox One, after the endless disconnects and errors.

The Titanfall 2 alpha is just so superior in every possible respect I have zero interest in purchasing this. :eek:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Played on PC. Not a huge fan so far. The map fucking sucks. The weapons are purposefully bad, which is a pain. The vehicles are awful too. It's like the punishing version of BF3/4. I am not hopeful.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Imo it's not bad, just makes me really, really wish they had gone with a ww2 setting.

BF1942 was 16+ years ago.

Hekotat

Yeah I played for about 8 hour yesterday, it was so hard to get used to how slow the bullets travel. If the enemy is more than 20m out you're going to have a bad time if you don't lead them. Almost everyone is rolling snipers because they are so much better at hitting targets with, they actually seemed to have made it easier with that rifle. I'm not sure if that is
working as intended but there isn't even any scope sway.

It does seem to be more arcadish, which is a good thing but with only one map to try I'm not sure if I'll buy it.

I also kept having hit marker issues where I'd lay into a guy and nothing would happen, I was getting really pissed off about it until I saw it was happening to other people as well. I hope this is due to the DDOS attacks and not extremely shitty netcode like BF4 started out with. Examples below.

spronk

FPS noob
You can definitely tell some of the UI and spawn/weapon/etc ideas were taken from Battlefront, although thankfully they didn't dummy down the weapon choices and customization as much as BF did. So yeah, I could see why some people are gonna hate it since it feels easier/dumber than BF3 and BF4, but I dunno I haven't had any real problems and I like some of the stylistic stuff like the swoop in when you pick a spawn point or the sandstorm effects, which seem better than BF4.

Sniper is definitely a problem though, it sucks when you get a team full of sniper camping fags on either side. When you get a team that gives a shit about the objectives its fun as hell though, especially with a squad leader who is smart about orders you can rack up MASSIVE points just by capture/defending - I had like 11k in one game with 3-4 kills, just a ton of captures and recaptures. I find it best just to spawn a new squad and be its leader if you join one that has a shitty leader, you can rack up way more points.

I don't mind the map at all, while the wide open spaces make sniper bitches a pain in the ass it also makes it fun to ride around on horseback or practice low flying. Definitely has a Lawrence of Arabia and Tatooine vibe going on. Not really sure of the WW1 vibe, I don't really "feel" like its WW1, as people have said it feels more like WW2 with the vehicles and insane range sniper guns and huge mag assault rifles. People will disagree but I wish they had gone all out on alternative-history timeline, with tesla weapons and shit like that but all close quarter combat and trenches and glass cannon vehicles/siege weapons but maybe that belongs more in a WW2 game.

Hekotat

I just realized there is a huge lack of trenches in a game set in a war that was known for it's trench warfare.

I'm about to bust heads for a few hours if anyone wants some of this hot fire, Origin name is Hekotat.

Hekotat

The game is much much more fun with friends, so fun in fact I may buy it now.

My major complaints.

Shadows are way to dark, one faction (The British) can hide in them and not be seen at all if you're in the sun.

Tanks blend in with the landscape way to well, they are also dead silent when not moving and way to quiet when moving. So not only can they sneak up on you, you won't see them when they do. the larger tanks it's almost impossible to tell if they are manned upon first glance, I've died several times thinking it was unoccupied.

The reach on the sabre for calvary is a bit too far, one guy was riding around one shoting everyone within a 15' radius of his horse.

Lack of weapons to take care of OP tanks, I'm hoping this is just due to nothing being unlocked.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
they are also dead silent when not moving and way to quiet when moving. So not only can they sneak up on you, you won't see them when they do. the larger tanks it's almost impossible to tell if they are manned upon first glance, I've died several times thinking it was unoccupied.
Make sure to fuck with the audio options until it sounds right for your speaker and/or headphone setup.

The default headphone audio filter was some Logitech Pro headset bullshit and the sound was completely muffed until I put it on the correct setting.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This was good but not great.

Rush was way too much like Battlefront in the general pacing, but the Conquest map was pretty good.

Hekotat

Yeah, I've been toying with Audio but tanks are still dead silent.

People are getting in tanks and going 50-0, I just ragequit the last game because of that shit, lol.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Going to buy it. I prefer Rush over Conquest in BF games...I had a blast with this iteration. One thing that EA nails every BF game are the quality of the sounds. They are amazingly detailed in all their games. This one may be the best in that regard.

The graphics. A single GTX980 at 4K res...solid 40-50FPS cranked up. Looked absolutely gorgeous.