Battlefield 2042

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know many people, if any, over the years that did not take BF seriously. No one expects Arma, but I, and I pretty much I think most people expect serious squad play without the harsh realism.
This. I miss the tactical servers/squadplay of the older games. But the last few have really ratcheted up the random immediate death from all over and near instant deaths. I remember BF2/BC2/BF3 (maybe 4?) being fairly consistant at being able to take some damage get to cover and beg for medic boxes and playing a rez bot.

Now other than maybe vehicle crews, you generally just meat grind and only care about trying to keep a spawn up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sounds like no Crossplay.

200.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm hoping they still have infantry only mode like lockers or metro. Those were some fun times in bf3 and 4

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im also hoping the TTK is the sameish as BF4 gave you a bit of reaction time. Thats something I could never stand about the COD franchise was the .25 sec TTK. Basically firs to get a peek always won unless you had shit aim.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea BF4 TTK was just about perfect.

It wasnt ridiculous, but it wasnt annoyingly short either. If you got the drop on some1 with a gun like the Enfield it would take about half a clip of on target shots to get a kill. Which is fine. I should be able to kill someone without reloading, but I should also have to get some good shots off to deserve it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BF4 hit detection was way off for like... over a year though right? If I remember correctly?

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
BF4 hit detection was way off for like... over a year though right? If I remember correctly?

It did. I think the cause was low FPS or network latency caused the hit box to lag behind.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah and on consoles it was even worse. I remember my kid almost broke his TV because of this game, lol.

But weapon/vehicle unlocks were cool, tons of weapons, some hidden behind cool achievements too. Those were all good things about BF4

Remember the days of USAS and explosive rounds?

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't know many people, if any, over the years that did not take BF seriously. No one expects Arma, but I, and I pretty much I think most people expect serious squad play without the harsh realism.
yeah, I was being polarizing in a sense. I don't actually expect actual arma mentality; some of those guys are next level autist, just the strategy/squading type.. I'm someone who does favor comms and gravitate toward tactical shooters.. and personally I never really could get that out of BF series, its been ultimately the most run n gun of all the franchises before call of duty moving into the "modern warfare2/blackops" era of the series.

I could be wrong, but from memory the last time role/class even really mattered with any sort of weight was BF2. BC/2 always felt as if it was more bring the player, not the class.. and BF3, while doing any class, it ultimately didn't matter unless you were trying cheeky combo's.. it doesn't help that the BF community is super split on what they demand out of the gameplay.. and also doesn't help that BF1 and BF5's gameloop was pretty garbage/grindhouse-y void of any sort of cognitive shooting.

I think if they can figure out this "massive" map thing, and somehow cater to both the vehicle whores, and cqb sweats.. its possible to bring back the strategy if they just allow people to be in essential hit squads because thats pretty much the depth of any sort of tactical/strategy you can get out of a BF franchise, is being able the sole squad that goes around holding/back capping.. and giving points/areas resource benefits, and so on.. otherwise its just torrents of zergs and grindhouse fiesta. TTK does matter too, but its such a touchy too much/too little.

I quit BF4 early because the PS4 servers was unplayable for way too long. I have it free from Twitch/Amazon prime? and debating giving it a go for a little bit. Bulk of my hours playing the franchise has been 1942/Desert Combat, BC1 and 2, and BF3.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess Im a cqb sweat?

I hate campers, but admire skilled snipers. I myself enjoy medium range singe shot esque engagements. I also enjoy using a sub machine gun and pushing someones shit in face to face. But as far as vehicle shit its fun when you have people that are working together, but if you cant get a decent squad forget about it.

Hopefully they find a happy medium where all types of players can have an impact and enjoy themselves. There should be scenarios where a mix of different play styles is optimal, rather than a zerg rush or camp fest.

• 2Like

Cybsled

All I care about is I want to be able to fly planes and not get lit up with 1000 heat seeking missiles every 5 seconds

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
All I care about is I want to be able to fly planes and not get lit up with 1000 heat seeking missiles every 5 seconds
Speaking of aircraft...

I can spend hours manning the AA guns in BFV. Nothing gets you more hate than repeatedly killing people in planes, especially when they try to maneuver around you...it’s generally very easy to see them coming up way high then zooming right towards you in a straight line and I very rarely get killed. They get so pissed and ranting about AA they stop trying to do anything else but kill me and it’s hilarious.

The smart ones realize if you just ignore AA and don’t try to kill them it’s very hard for them to actually hit you in a plane. But when you get pissed off and repeatedly fly right at them it’s super easy.

I hope BF6 has some worthwhile AA action. I find it relaxing.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hopefully they keep the BF5 TTK if they don't fuck up hardcore.
Which one, they changed TTK like twice in BF5 from what I remember. Each time were massive changes that changed the game, they fucked with ranges, they fucked with TTK all so people would not use one fucking gun throughout the whole game.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
As long as respawns aren't omega long and vehicles aren't unkillable bulldozers racking up 20 streaks with ease.

Should be fun. Assuming beta week Sept and Oct or Nov launch?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Rather they do have a BR so I don't get bored with regular MP in a month or two. FFS just port PUBG over to Frostbite and call it a day, call it BFBR.

• 1Dislike

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I cant believe battlefield caved in and went the future warzone route.. Why not make a battlefield 2009 or something with Jihadist fighters that use traps and landmines while you have America using planes and modern warfare shit. After dumping battlefield 5 they come up with this shit. If you're a true battlefield fan this should make you upset. You think people were cheating or camping bad before wait until they can hover over any terrain and camp the spawn. Oh you shot that dude in the head with a sniper first? Nahhhhh he had a juggernaut helmet with a laser musket and bodied you from space. Im not buying this game and if they plan on turning battlefield into this count me out.

• 3WTF
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yet the same price.

So? It hopefully means they put more stuff in the MP part of the game. The original games didn't have a SP part, and it was very controversial at the time. If you want a worthless SP campaign just play COD. The BF series has always been a MP series.

• 1Like