Battlefield 2042

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hopefully, this is more a return to some of the roots of BF. Looks good, for what it is.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SO what is the name of this fucking game; Battlefield, Battlefield 6, or Battlefield 2042 ?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Man, while a trailer.. they actually killed it. I'm pretty hyped. Funny enough, in my original post regarding hypothetical future shit.. I wanted to mention HAARP but figured meh too tinfoil its battlefield, why would they bother.. then in the trailer we get a ridiculous storm. Down for wingsuits though.

Legit lost my shit when the Cobra H.I.S.S. rolled through but I'm just happy to return to little birds, migs, and apaches.. that has been some of the gameplay I have ever played since Desert Storm mod

1623252808760.png

1623252853968.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Dog tag melee kill was sexy.

Guy ejecting out of his fighter in order to shoot down another jet with a shoulder fired rocket before managing to jump BACK IN to the cockpit was retarded as fuck. I get that someone apparently did this in a game, but they didnt need to re-enact it in CGI for their trailer lol.

Jozu

Also, im THRILLED that the cover character is A WHITE MAN. Even though he is probably gay, a win either way.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Dog tag melee kill was sexy.

Guy ejecting out of his fighter in order to shoot down another jet with a shoulder fired rocket before managing to jump BACK IN to the cockpit was retarded as fuck. I get that someone apparently did this in a game, but they didnt need to re-enact it in CGI for their trailer lol.

What about the tornado on the rocket launch map? Prime rocket launch weather conditions.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
no single player campaign, there will be 4 battle passes delivered in the first season. each battle pass is two tier, a free tier and a paid tier (similar to Fortnite, R6, cod, etc)

E3c0rf8WEAAYYaR

Jozu

I just hope they dont focus on Battle Royale fucking gay shit.

I just am not a fan of that set up. I would way rather play arena based team deathmatch type set up. I hate BR because it causes people to play scared, always trying to get that win, making the entire affair a dull one where people play like pussies and try to hoard items, ignoring fire fights and diluting the game.

Not only that but getting into a confrontation takes FOREVER. I end up running around for 4 straight minutes collecting shit like Im playing a RPG, before getting to enjoy a whole 3 seconds of gunplay before dying and waiting some more. Get fucked.

• 1Like

Jozu

And sadly it seems like they are going to focus on BR.

"Dynamic battlegrounds" "128 players"

They are just going to try and be like Warzone and Fortnite etc.

• 1Picard

gauze

Molten Core Raider
What about the tornado on the rocket launch map? Prime rocket launch weather conditions.
Looks like two different maps to me?

"Dynamic battlegrounds" "128 players"
I'm pretty sure dynamic battlegrounds is referring to what they did with BF4, where a -event- triggers the map to completely change versus a couple buildings that can break.. aka I believe one of the BF4 maps, an entire skyscrapper falls after triggering certain things; changing the entire map landscape to a degree.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no single player campaign, there will be 4 battle passes delivered in the first season. each battle pass is two tier, a free tier and a paid tier (similar to Fortnite, R6, cod, etc)

E3c0rf8WEAAYYaR

Now that makes more interested in the game. No dev resources wasted on a worthless single player part of the game.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
da fuq did I just watch...well I'm glad some are hyped and want this kind of "gameplay". Seems to be the same crowd that thinks BR games are fun. Maybe there will be a cool pink gun skin with a skull!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
da fuq did I just watch...well I'm glad some are hyped and want this kind of "gameplay". Seems to be the same crowd that thinks BR games are fun. Maybe there will be a cool pink gun skin with a skull!
Lol, seems like its a split between people that want a traditional fps experience, and people who want an ARMA/Squad esq Battlefield, which battlefield never was.. to me. Battlefield has always been a ridiculous game.. maybe not uhh, bfv pegleg'd wimminz.. but Jihad Jeepin? Tank trickshots? and even in the trailer, the Jet -> RPG takeout.. and as someone said a lot of which existed in 1942 and BF2, and even in BC.. but became more "mainstream" because of platforms and everyone being able to record/edit instead of FRAPs and Vegas.

But those tacticool guys in lobbies were some of the funniest to take out.. nothing like BF3 w/ the underbarrel shotgun brokenness kills at 50-100m+ or two engi's feeding your littlebirds repairs as you mowdown people.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno why you guys keep saying BR, 128 means 64v64 which is not any battle royale I know of. There may be a BR mode but the two big modes are Conquest and Breakthrough (conquest with perma capped forward momentum)

in fact JackFrags, a pretty hardcore battlefield guy, says repeatedly in this video that there WILL NOT be a battle royale mode in BF2042

now who knows whether the game will suck or not, but so far there is no campaign (good), i don't see fucking retarded fat tranny blue hair warriors storming the White House, and the maps seem pretty neat. i don't expect the game to hold my interest more than a few weeks, but thats ok

EA Play (PC/xbox/psn) and GamePass Ultimate will get a 10 hour free trial starting Oct 15 so for $5 you can decide for yourself

Last edited: