Battlefield 2042

gauze

Molten Core Raider
i dunno why you guys keep saying BR, 128 means 64v64 which is not any battle royale I know of. There may be a BR mode but the two big modes are Conquest and Breakthrough (conquest with perma capped forward momentum)
After Firestorm's absolute flop, and the success of Apex. I just don't see them putting the effort there either, unless its much later down the line alas codmw -> warzone like release. From the videos I watched of Jackfrags during on/off play of BF5, the population for BF5 was pretty bad.. and in a way, the 2042 trailer kinda confirms its with the amount of fanservice delievered.. It's very much a "hey look i'm sorry, but we're trying" trailer, pulling the research on what the community actually wants out of Battlefield.. much like the post-release of the return of airstrips in BF5, one year into its life in the whole uhh, japan pacific front release. They went with conquest style planes, instead of a "token" system that BF1 brought in.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
da fuq did I just watch...well I'm glad some are hyped and want this kind of "gameplay". Seems to be the same crowd that thinks BR games are fun. Maybe there will be a cool pink gun skin with a skull!
The jet + rocket is a reference to this famous clip:

I guess someone already linked it.

• 2Repost
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm possibly no women at all in that trailer, did they learn their lesson? Not sure if this is a woman;

1623258239601.png

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I guess given the storm effects and the ice settings the backstory is that it's the start of the ice age mentioned in the 2142 backstory?

Not that there's any need for a plot without a single player campaign.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, not all that excited about this. I'm starting to think BF might just be a dead franchise for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I guess given the storm effects and the ice settings the backstory is that it's the start of the ice age mentioned in the 2142 backstory?

Not that there's any need for a plot without a single player campaign.
THey are fully embracing the "rising sea levels thing" go look at the story behind it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think they are adding a Tarkov like mode to the game. It'll be interesting to see how well or how bad it's done.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure there will be a beta period and a ton of balancing going on lol. I wanna see gameplay video before either writing this one off or not.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That trailer was corny as fuck lol. What the fuck. And the music was garbage.

Still interested to see how it plays. Been dying for something close to BF1942/BF2.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like I sad before I would settle on BF4 at this point. Im glad they are done with swords and horses.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BF 1 was really fun at first, but got old faster than any of them.

I didn't even bother playing BF5.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lol, seems like its a split between people that want a traditional fps experience, and people who want an ARMA/Squad esq Battlefield, which battlefield never was.. to me. Battlefield has always been a ridiculous game...

I don't know many people, if any, over the years that did not take BF seriously. No one expects Arma, but I, and I pretty much I think most people expect serious squad play without the harsh realism.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Like I sad before I would settle on BF4 at this point. Im glad they are done with swords and horses.

This. I was waiting for them to bring back muskets with the direction they were going.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Apparently there's no weather or navigation satellites anymore. The rocket is probably an attempt to put new ones up maybe at higher orbits.

Plot sounds like a combo of Falcon&Winter Soldier to a degree. I mean, plot for a non
Single player battler needs to be thin
Anyways. “This is why you fight, have fun”

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not against a trailer embraccing the madness of what live players do, though the pilot rocket is patently absurd in the context of kinda a narrative trailer.

I do love gun dog, hovers, and various vehicles shown, it's near future enough that I'm happy even if not full 2142 treatment. Probably better because while it was great, so few of the weapons felt like they had impact and were kinda cartoonish.

My biggest beef is how many of those scenes is just hundreds of troops in the open like some kind of medieval zerg paired with like half the scenes is people standing doing nothing getting slaughtered rather than yknow shooting back/taking cover/ etc.