Battlefield 2042

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I can't play this shit, I tried. It's so bad in so many ways.

• Super open terrain between caps, no cover.
  • TTK feels long, TTD is so fast I can't react in time to fight back.
  • The starting guns are just shit compared to the other weapons people have I've seen.
  • The hero system is just dogshit.
  • Sound stage is so quiet and no ambient sound. Tanks will roll right up on you and you don't hear them. It's eerily quiet for a "war" going on.
  • Kicked to main menu after every map highly increasing the odds you play the same map 3-4 times in a row.
  • No ping information, I have shit internet and need to know if it's lagging because of me or super high ping players.
  • No spectating options to see if someone is hacking, I guess EA thought hackers were being scrutinized too heavily. Not like they did anything anyway.
  • Starting the map off FORCES you to spawn in the base. If you don't get a vehicle you're running a long distance.
  • UI is fucking terrible, how many submenus do I need to add attachments? Also, why is it so hidden?
How can TTD be long and TTK be short? Assuming same kit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How can TTD be long and TTK be short? Assuming same kit.
Both can be adjusted, they did it in BFV when it felt the same way.

Brahma Brahma TTK = Time To Kill, TTD = Time to Death.

Takes a lot of bullets to kill someone, but when you are on the receiving end it feels instant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't play this shit, I tried. It's so bad in so many ways.

• Super open terrain between caps, no cover.
  • TTK feels long, TTD is so fast I can't react in time to fight back.
  • The starting guns are just shit compared to the other weapons people have I've seen.
  • The hero system is just dogshit.
  • Sound stage is so quiet and no ambient sound. Tanks will roll right up on you and you don't hear them. It's eerily quiet for a "war" going on.
  • Kicked to main menu after every map highly increasing the odds you play the same map 3-4 times in a row.
  • No ping information, I have shit internet and need to know if it's lagging because of me or super high ping players.
  • No spectating options to see if someone is hacking, I guess EA thought hackers were being scrutinized too heavily. Not like they did anything anyway.
  • Starting the map off FORCES you to spawn in the base. If you don't get a vehicle you're running a long distance.
  • UI is fucking terrible, how many submenus do I need to add attachments? Also, why is it so hidden?
  • Super open terrain between caps, no cover. - The sand map is bullshit, it's basically a vehicle map aside from the stadium part. God forbid you get that map in a no vehicle mode. The shipping yard used to be one of the worst maps and now it's one of the best, they have been dramatically revamping maps.
  • TTK feels long, TTD is so fast I can't react in time to fight back. - This is contradictory. Git gud.
  • The starting guns are just shit compared to the other weapons people have I've seen. - The starter AR is one of the better ARs, especially once you get attachments.
  • The hero system is just dogshit. - Opinion. I like the heroes.
  • Sound stage is so quiet and no ambient sound. Tanks will roll right up on you and you don't hear them. It's eerily quiet for a "war" going on. - This is definitely a problem with your setup. Sound is absolutely amazing on my end. I have been using SBX and now SXFI for headphone virtualization, which sounds amazing in all the Battlefield games.
  • Kicked to main menu after every map highly increasing the odds you play the same map 3-4 times in a row. - Yes, this is bullshit.
  • No ping information, I have shit internet and need to know if it's lagging because of me or super high ping players. - It's on the scoreboard, lefthand side.
  • No spectating options to see if someone is hacking, I guess EA thought hackers were being scrutinized too heavily. Not like they did anything anyway. - I haven't seen anyone hacking in almost 150 hours.
  • Starting the map off FORCES you to spawn in the base. If you don't get a vehicle you're running a long distance. - All Battlefield games are like this.
  • UI is fucking terrible, how many submenus do I need to add attachments? Also, why is it so hidden? - It's a little weird/bad to customize your kit the first time. Once you find it the first time and setup your weapons, you quick swap attachments with T, which is a huge part of mastering the gameplay.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Takes a lot of bullets to kill someone, but when you are on the receiving end it feels instant.
Yeah that's just called being a newb. If using ARs you definitely want to master using the High Power ammos.

Hekotat

Yeah that's just called being a newb. If using ARs you definitely want to master using the High Power ammos.

Oh, so I'm at a massive disadvantage for an ammo I don't have unlocked. Sounds like incredible gameplay design and not in line with the Franchise at all. Also, who the fuck wants shit like this in a Battlefield game? This isn't Tarkov.

If you and Brahma are having fun with it, great I'm glad you guys like it. It's still an abomination to the franchise and stop trying to convince us it's not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh, so I'm at a massive disadvantage for an ammo I don't have unlocked. Sounds like incredible gameplay design and not in line with the Franchise at all. Also, who the fuck wants shit like this in a Battlefield game? This isn't Tarkov.

If you and Brahma are having fun with it, great I'm glad you guys like it. It's still an abomination to the franchise and stop trying to convince us it's not.
Well, no, the high power ammo works a lot like the different barrels do. It has a slower rate of fire and usually a lower capacity and more recoil. The different attachments and ammos let you customize your weapons a LOT in realtime. The ammos are usually the first unlocks for a weapon. Being able to properly setup and customize your weapons in realtime depending on your encounter range and combat situation is a huge advantage though, so getting the unlocks is very important. Also, you can grind out unlocks super fast in single-player or co-op bot matches if you really want to get the baseline unlocks first.

Hekotat

Mist is right, 127k people are wrong.

OOQ2SMmkh3.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Slow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I'm not trying to convince peeps. I would like more peeps on the board to play though, and hopefully everyone doesn't listen to the game is absolute shit crowd at this point. It's....OK. It's clearly in a much better state than a year ago (God I'd hope so!), to the point I am having fun with BF again. It took me a couple days to figure things out, now that I am not in deer in headlights mode, game is just enough to satisfy my BF itch. I also try and be objective as possible when going back to games I thought were shit. This is one of those times. It was shit. It's now playable and I am having fun. It's also MUCH more my speed than MW.

My biggest beef is there are NEVER enough vehicles it seems at the starting base. Now that I think about it, the console kiddies just don't play as a team most times, and just don't wait two seconds to load a vehicle. So make more vehicles at the starting point so old curmudgeons like you and me aren't just shaking our heads at base. Now that I know to change my loadout in game. I always grab a vehicle and wait.

I'm really not a fan of the whole flying around thing. This was clearly to satisfy the kiddies and totally takes away from what BF always has been. Matter fact I look for them squirrel fuckers and will empty a LMG to kill em! Again. Not game breaking, but different. Ya but I hate it.

Couple maps are just so bad, they need to be removed. I literally just quit when those maps load up.

The TTK/TTD I can't complain even a little there. It feels ok. I will swap to assault and see. But as a LMG/Medic I can't say shit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is definitely a problem with your setup. Sound is absolutely amazing on my end. I have been using SBX and now SXFI for headphone virtualization, which sounds amazing in all the Battlefield games.

I went and loaded BFBC2 Valparaiso just to compare. Since that gives you everything as far tank/copter/explosions etc immediately. You should do it too. It's not on par. Especially the tanks. You absolutely can tell the second someone even starts up a tank and where it's at with your eyes closed. The overall sound quality and soundstage is better.

BF2042 I get a general/good direction. BC2 I can hear a mouse sneak up.

I have well over 1k in gaming sound. 2k if I pull out the HD800's and amp. My set up is definitely correct.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I went and loaded BFBC2 Valparaiso just to compare. Since that gives you everything as far tank/copter/explosions etc immediately. You should do it too. It's not on par. Especially the tanks. You absolutely can tell the second someone even starts up a tank and where it's at with your eyes closed. The overall sound quality and soundstage is better.

BF2042 I get a general/good direction. BC2 I can hear a mouse sneak up.

I have well over 1k in gaming sound. 2k if I pull out the HD800's and amp. My set up is definitely correct.
Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean the right shit is outputting on the right channels. It could just be that this game heavily benefits from outputting 7.1 audio to virtual surround, something you don't get on expensive DACs, but do get on comparatively junky Sound Blaster devices. It sounded great on my SB G6 and much, much better on my GC7.

Here's someone with a similar experience (though they're outputting from their PS5, which also works fantastic with either of those Sound Blaster devices.)

Sometimes gaming audio devices really are just better for gaming than expensive audio devices.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean the right shit is outputting on the right channels. It could just be that this game heavily benefits from outputting 7.1 audio to virtual surround, something you don't get on expensive DACs, but do get on comparatively junky Sound Blaster devices. It sounded great on my SB G6 and much, much better on my GC7.

Here's someone with a similar experience (though they're outputting from their PS5, which also works fantastic with either of those Sound Blaster devices.)

Sometimes gaming audio devices really are just better for gaming than expensive audio devices.

I'm fully aware of that. I think I know what shit is outputting where. Also this is why I have both a ZXR/Hifiman headphone and a Schiit/Senn headphone stack. To cover my bases. 90% of the time the Schiit is the way to go. In BF games it's definitely better with the Schiit and the Senns.

We aren't talking consoles so I won't bother there.

Just load up BC2 and let me know what you think.

Change to BF talk. What gun should I be aiming for as assault? I'm an AN94 sorta guy.

Last edited:

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I bought this for $20 odd bucks with a chinese key. Seems pretty cool to me. Background: I had never read about this, never played it before, just wanted to try out a new BF game.

Whatever state it was in before, having played many BF games, it seems alright? This is on PC. I played it a couple of hours today and enjoyed it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users