Battlefield 2042

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

faille

Molten Core Raider
EA decided to unban my account so I might give this another spin.
TBH though, I'm quite enjoying the DMZ mode in CoD. Was going to try out the bf2042 equivalent but apparently it's completely dead?

faille

Molten Core Raider
you hackin bro
I wish. They triple charged me when I tried to buy the currency for the gamepass, then refused to refund it, so I did a chargeback. turns out they just flat out ban anyone for doing that.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wish. They triple charged me when I tried to buy the currency for the gamepass, then refused to refund it, so I did a chargeback. turns out they just flat out ban anyone for doing that.

Sony does that as well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you play I’ll play but I’d rather fire up

“Hey hey hey

Baddddd companyyyy til the day I dieeeeeee”

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Games GIF by Battlefield

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is ALWAYS how my squad goes. Two useless nut sacks that sick back and try and snipe...

HTF you change squads??????

1674012597406.png

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yes you can change squads, sort of.
hit escape, click SQUAD AND PLAYERS (brings up the team list)
right click your name
select CHANGE SQUAD
sometimes it will move you to an empty squad
if you change squads again, it will move you back.
it does not give you multiple squad options, more of a door #1 or door #2 situation

sometimes when you right click your name, the UI flickers and you don't get the change squads option...
that's a bug.
this game could be good, and it can be fun for a bit, but it feels like anyone that cared about what made it good doesn't work on it anymore

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
this game could be good, and it can be fun for a bit, but it feels like anyone that cared about what made it good doesn't work on it anymore
Given the amount of work they've put into it since release, that doesn't really line up. It released in really sad shape, it had to have taken an extraordinary effort to even get this far.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
yes you can change squads, sort of.
hit escape, click SQUAD AND PLAYERS (brings up the team list)
right click your name
select CHANGE SQUAD
sometimes it will move you to an empty squad
if you change squads again, it will move you back.
it does not give you multiple squad options, more of a door #1 or door #2 situation

sometimes when you right click your name, the UI flickers and you don't get the change squads option...
that's a bug.

Thank you!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Given the amount of work they've put into it since release, that doesn't really line up. It released in really sad shape, it had to have taken an extraordinary effort to even get this far.
you're right, my previous note was inaccurate and probably a bit unfair.

I hadn't played this game before it came to Gamepass (Nov 22), so I can't speak much to its past state or improvements prior to that launch.

in my opinion, this game tried to do too many different things that took it in a different direction from what Battlefield should feel like (to me)
In that sense, I feel like they lost touch with their playerbase and forgot what made it good

On the flipside, I've read about planned changes to come, and I have seen some of the fixes over the past couple of months, and the game is definitely mid-turnaround. If it gets to where "it should be" remains to be seen - and I acknowledge that's a different benchmark for each player.

Full disclosure, I've been playing since the Gamepass launch, and I do have fun.

relevant edit:

Last edited: