Battlefield 2042

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Season 1 Pass pushed back to "early summer", I think it's bold calling it season one and not the only season cause this shit dead and no meaningful update for 8 months means it'll be buried, they just needed to delay it till this winter after that awful beta. Wonder how this news will go over in the investor call later today.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The game goes completely broken during a sponsored stream.

This is hilarious especially when that guy tries to cover for the bug "ALRIGHT LETS GO!" - these are also the worst players I have ever seen in my life.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1645228037232.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

It's just an attempt to reduce toxicity online. It isn't some grand ideological conspiracy, it's just a smart business move (in theory).

While some high school kid (in terms of actually being that age, or just mentally being that age) people might think it's the most awesome thing to tell some random stranger on the internet a bunch of racial slurs, tell them to show you their tits, or tell them they are so bad they should kill themselves...I am going to guess they pale in terms of population to the people that get driven away by easily preventable shit like that. Plus no game company wants to deal with the headache some clickbait bullshit article will create on the subject.

BF2042's failings have nothing to do with that - the failures are because the mechanics, stability, and quality of the game were crap.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dont see it. Sure in a much more personal and slower game like LoL or DOTA where you are locked in with a group of players for 30-60 minutes but not in a fast paced very large scale fps where communication is almost nonexistent, you can leave whenever you want without penalty and one or two bad actors usually has minimal impact on the overall game. "Toxicity" is a problem in mobas because all it takes is one asshole to completely ruin the experience and waste everyones time.

IMO its just another thing to turn people into mindless consumers who dont think about what theyre doing(am I good? is this balanced? is this even fun?). Just shut up and be a mute and do what we tell you. Not sure if its a derivative of marxist bullshit or convergent evolution.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20220219-000159.png

or maybe just the lead designers at DICE are shit at their job
This was a great example of being a schizo, but if they truly did remove all that stuff, they are a bit gay for sure. So guess it kinda applies, sorta.

Cybsled

I dont see it. Sure in a much more personal and slower game like LoL or DOTA where you are locked in with a group of players for 30-60 minutes but not in a fast paced very large scale fps where communication is almost nonexistent, you can leave whenever you want without penalty and one or two bad actors usually has minimal impact on the overall game. "Toxicity" is a problem in mobas because all it takes is one asshole to completely ruin the experience and waste everyones time.

IMO its just another thing to turn people into mindless consumers who dont think about what theyre doing(am I good? is this balanced? is this even fun?). Just shut up and be a mute and do what we tell you. Not sure if its a derivative of marxist bullshit or convergent evolution.

You've clearly never played a Call of Duty game when they have global text enabled lol. People found plenty of time to be toxic/racist as fuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I usually don't mind the trolls or toxic people, my problem with global chat the last 4-6 years is people always bring politics into it, I don't want to hear that shit, I'm here to have a good time and escape the real world.

Lately it's been the most disgusting sex talk, usually gay or tranny related and if you ask them to stop you get banned by a server admin for being homophobic. I've been banned from a few servers in HLL due to this so now I usually just turn off chat in most games. It sucks, but this is what things have come to.

I really miss the days of original insults and counters instead of extremely generic "U Mad" "GG EZ", etc. Fucking kids these days can't even talk shit correctly.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You've clearly never played a Call of Duty game when they have global text enabled lol. People found plenty of time to be toxic/racist as fuck.
Ive been playing online games since quake team fortress. MOBA style games are the only games that "toxic" players ever really had an effect on me, but thats more due to how insanely easy MOBAs are to grief. Every other game either the communication isnt there for it to be a problem or its simply too fast paced for someone calling you a faggot cunt to matter.

If anything Overwatch should have shown them all this does is make people more angry. Overwatch has no stats as well and trust me, people raged and bitched at others for perceived lack of teamwork or involvement in the game. Players should have all the tools in the world to deal with players that are harassing them, but things like no scoreboard no chat at all do zero to make the playerbase less toxic.

spronk

FPS noob
holy shit lol

(the guy slammed Elden Ring for getting such a high critic score saying UI is important... turns out he was the UI lead on 2042 hahaha)

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
holy shit lol

(the guy slammed Elden Ring for getting such a high critic score saying UI is important... turns out he was the UI lead on 2042 hahaha)
Jesus this really cements how fucking shitty the people are that made 2042. All they had to do was make another battlefield...

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Jesus this really cements how fucking shitty the people are that made 2042. All they had to do was make another battlefield...

They could have copied BFV, made better maps that weren't bowl shaped and move the 3P view on tanks/vehicles closer to the tank and I would have bought it. That's all they had to do, instead they went full retard.