Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

spronk

FPS noob
Depends a little on if the servers are also unlocked early. No way I'll be able to play through a VPN to Korea, and even without a vpn the ping might be annoying. If local servers are available though, I'll on for sure.
you only need to activate the VPN for like 10 seconds while it "unlocks" your BF4.EXE, and even then there will undoubtedly be people uploading bf4.exe's around so you can skip that part. After its unlocked you don't need to leave the VPN running at all, the same thing happened with BF3, Arkham Origins, and pretty much any steam/origin game that requires time based unlocking.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
20% off at greenmangaming.com with TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1
there are some sketchy russian websites that sell an origin code for ~$40, but ...eh
apparently if you VPN through a mexico VPN you can buy it through Origin for like $30, but people say EA will stop you from buying anything else again and threaten to skullfuck you

fwiw amazon sends you the code instantly and you can start preload now, if you VPN through asia you will be able to start playing 9am PST on monday (otherwise in the USA you will unlock it around 8pm PST?)

not sure if I am gonna try to VPN unlock tomorrow or just do something else and be an adult and wait 12 hours. fuck waiting though, amirite

new maps look really fun
Fucking shit I resisted until this vid and that link...

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I'm just happy all these preview guys are talking about how great all the maps are. That was my biggest problem with battlefield 3. None of the stock BF3 maps really clicked with me like the bad company 2 maps did. They were just boring and forgettable.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked almost all the base maps in BF3 for Rush. Conquest... that's another story. (The story is: they all sucked.)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much every single BF3 conquest map sucked. The only ones I liked were Close Quarters and I don't play BF games for COD like gameplay.

faille

Molten Core Raider
you only need to activate the VPN for like 10 seconds while it "unlocks" your BF4.EXE, and even then there will undoubtedly be people uploading bf4.exe's around so you can skip that part. After its unlocked you don't need to leave the VPN running at all, the same thing happened with BF3, Arkham Origins, and pretty much any steam/origin game that requires time based unlocking.
Yes, but depends if the servers are unlocked as well. Guess could play single player....

Fadaar

That guy
Yes, but depends if the servers are unlocked as well. Guess could play single player....
I had BF3 unlocked like 12 hours early on a Korean VPN and there were lots and lots of servers up, as well as no issues with Origin/Battlelog after I unlocked and ditched the VPN.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm still using the gfx card I bought for BF3, the GTX 570, I hope it's decent enough for BF4. Anyone running a single GTX 570 during beta?

Edit: Has anyone created a Rerolled platoon yet? I see that Vehn is still the creator of the old FoH one /sniff.
Hey I'm still here! Can you even make one in BF4, or is that just not unlocked yet? Don't see anything on the site. edit: seems it won't be out until early 2014 -_-

Add me: vehn

Column_sl

shitlord
Whats the rare stuff from Battlepacks?

I got a bunch of Knives, Scopes, and 100% exp packs

NM found this chart

DICE has also added a color coded system to denote an items rarity. There are standard(grey), advanced(white), superior(blue), and distinquished(blue) items in the Battlepacks, which also have their own color-coded system of bronze, silver, gold, and a black weapons pack.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had BF3 unlocked like 12 hours early on a Korean VPN and there were lots and lots of servers up, as well as no issues with Origin/Battlelog after I unlocked and ditched the VPN.
Going to try the same thing here in two hours using a Malaysian IP.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Here's the battlepacks I got today,
GBxPu5B.jpg