Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

spronk

FPS noob
because VPNs see all your traffic while they are active, in theory they can packet sniff your password and anything else (highly unlikely unless you are going through a super shady one in some asian dudes basement).

So if you are gonna do the VPN thing you may wanna turn off login verification in Origin, change your password to something temporary, do the whole VPN thing at 8am PST, turn off the VPN, turn on login verification (any time you login from a new IP it sends a code to your email), and then change your password back. Also keep nothing else open (gmail, yahoo, steam, other MMOs, etc) while you do this so the VPN doesn't see any traffic to anywhere else and reboot after.

also new nvidia drivers released TODAY, 331.65, introduces shadowplay which I guess is sorta fps-cap? I'm installing it, since 331.58 has had a few problems with windows 8.1. Not a big fan of installing new video drivers the day a new video game is out
frown.png

edit: you are right 8am PST aka 45 minutes from now

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
because VPNs see all your traffic while they are active, in theory they can packet sniff your password and anything else (highly unlikely unless you are going through a super shady one in some asian dudes basement).

So if you are gonna do the VPN thing you may wanna turn off login verification in Origin, change your password to something temporary, do the whole VPN thing at 9am PST, turn off the VPN, turn on login verification (any time you login from a new IP it sends a code to your email), and then change your password back. Also keep nothing else open (gmail, yahoo, steam, other MMOs, etc) while you do this so the VPN doesn't see any traffic to anywhere else and reboot after.
Err, 9 am PST? That would be 11 central, and current world clock shows S. Korea's time as 11:12 PM currently, with a 12:01 AM release date, which would be 10 AM central.

Edit: Does the port matter at all with these VPN IP addresses? All the ones contained in a link within the previous link show SSL encryption is activated for most of them with decent ping.

http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.php?p...ability=#table

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I was really happy with my decision to not buy BF4 ... so happy in fact that I just bought it.

FU Hatorade!

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need to get some in-game rerolled action going; if you show up in a server I'm in, I'll most likely be playing with a group of friends of similar skill level...so yeah...switch to our team. Profit.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok, I am pretty dumb, but after reading a few threads on the BF forums are there now cross platform matches? PS Vs. Xbox Vs. PC?

spronk

FPS noob
People on reddit are saying if you VPN in you have to stay on the VPN to play, the game won't run multiplayer if you activated through korean Origin (VPN). So may want to hold off on doing it until people confirm its working ok.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People on reddit are saying if you VPN in you have to stay on the VPN to play, the game won't run multiplayer if you activated through korean Origin (VPN). So may want to hold off on doing it until people confirm its working ok.
There's no way in shit I'm leaving my machine running through a Korean proxy. Oh well, midnight it is!

Confirmation on this reddit link. They've got the VPN workaround.

Working way to play with vpn : battlefield_4

spronk

FPS noob
I got in, you have to go through the VPN the first time you launch the game to activate it. Do it all the way until you are actually inside the game playing on a server.

Then you can shut down the VPN, but if you reboot/restart Origin you have to go through the VPN again. Once US/EU unlocks tonight you shouldn't have to do that again. All US/EU multiplayer servers working ok, single player working ok.

you definitely don't need the VPN to join new servers or to be on a working battlelog, that can be through your normal ISP.

spronk

FPS noob
holy titballs, if you have multiple monitors after you launch BF4 tab back to battlelog and click battlescreen and put that window on your 2nd monitor. YOU'RE WELCOME