Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game has a bunch of awesome PDWs and absolutely no good maps to use them on.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So since the 11/27 or 28 plugin update. Multiplayer crashes within 5 minutes of loading for me. Rather pissed. Got through my first full game in a few days tonight using the Commander App on my tablet, which is BTW FUCKING AWESOME.

There is so much awesome about this game, it sucks its being overshadowed by the OMG CRASHING.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FYI for those who don't know. Right now BF4 is $25.00 on Amazon for PS3 (digital or hardcopy). When you buy it they give you a $5.00 off credit so it comes out to $19.99+tax. You can upgrade it to the PS4 version for $10, and the PS4 comes with $10 in PSN cash if you haven't used it. Absolute best deal on BF4 for PS4 at $20.00.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody else old enough to own a C64 and remember the old Electronic Arts "ECA" loading screens? This game loads slower than those things did..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah not sure when it was, but maybe a week ago? I stopped crashing after that update and I used to literally get them 2 out of every 3 games. Now the only thing I may get from time to time is a unable to join game but that's rare. Otherwise good to go now, though I did run into a bug/glitch today where I was stuck on the KillCam screen with a revive up but couldn't do anything.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
32 player obliteration hasn't crashed yet. AND OMG IS IT AWESOME. It's like Football with weapons!!!!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just played 2 whole rounds of team deathmatch with nothing but the Shorty. Most fun playing a FPS ever. Went 18-8 I think in the second one.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, got this for $25 on PC. Do I need to buy premium for this game?

I hate annual franchises, but it was $25.
frown.png
The idea of it being useless as soon as BF5 comes out eats me. lol

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
You dontneedpremium but if this is something you plan to put significant time in then it isnt a bad investment. Priority spots in queue to join servers, weekly bonuses (some are stupid, some are good), all map expansions are included in the price as well as receiving them earlier than non-premium players. There are other cosmetic bonuses like premium specific dog tags and crap that you probably wont care about. If you will play the game throughout the coming year, then it's worth it.

spronk

FPS noob
I think the head of EA also said there won't be a battlefield 5 in 2014. they are working on star wars battlefront 3 using the same bf4 engine, and at least one other game (bad company 3? medal of honor 2?)) so bf4 is probably good for 12-16 months. Oh yeah, Titanfall is sometime in 2014 too and that should kick some ass, along with Destiny.

play bf4 a while first, there really isn't a great reason to get premium since we don't know if any of the DLC maps will be good or will be shitty, I never bought premium for bf3 and never missed out on anything playing just randomly once every few weeks. In six months premium will probably be regular price $30 too, or have a bundle package of b4+premium for $40-50.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I think the head of EA also said there won't be a battlefield 5 in 2014.they are working on star wars battlefront 3 using the same bf4 engine, and at least one other game (bad company 3? medal of honor 2?)) so bf4 is probably good for 12-16 months. Oh yeah, Titanfall is sometime in 2014 too and that should kick some ass, along with Destiny.

play bf4 a while first, there really isn't a great reason to get premium since we don't know if any of the DLC maps will be good or will be shitty, I never bought premium for bf3 and never missed out on anything playing just randomly once every few weeks. In six months premium will probably be regular price $30 too, or have a bundle package of b4+premium for $40-50.
Bolded the important part of this post... FAPFAPFAPFAP.

spronk

FPS noob
^ don't do that unless you are using a throwaway origin account, EA has locked peoples origins accounts from buying new games for buying through proxy servers. they don't give a shit about unlocking games 24 hours early over proxy, but they do care about losing money