Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

bayr_sl

shitlord
I really liked BC2 but then I played it recently and realized it's not nearly as good as I remembered. I would still take the maps over anything in BF3 though

Dashivax

N00b
Can't decide if I should buy the Premium as well. Who is buying the premium? And how does it work? Is it all the DLC forever for BF4 or just for the first 12 months?
Gets you all the DLC's forever, and you can play them 2 weeks early, and priority queue when joining servers. I think it's worth it, I bought the BF3 premium once the second or third expac was about to release but this time I see no reason to wait, just get it from the start.

Utnayan_sl said:
Nothing beats BC2 and this game doesn't even come close. Sorry.
The maps and destructible environments in BC2 were the best ever for sure, but BF3 and BF4 have added new game modes that I really enjoy.

spronk

FPS noob
There really isn't a reason to buy BF4 premium right now afaik, since no xpacs for a while (and preorders get china rising, the first one, free anyways?). BF4 premium should be on sale on black friday in a month, so save some money and buy it then. Heck, bf4 will also be on sale then so unless you are really sure you are going to play between now and Nov 28th (I am!) you can wait, but day1 of any new multiplayer game is always the best day.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone else getting errors when trying to look at these vids?
I can view them just fine.

Spronk, not sure how you can say multiplayer on the first day is the best, which is usually the buggiest and most unstable, especially with anything EA/Dice touch these days. Unless of course you were being sarcastic in which case my meter is broken this morning
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
not being sarcastic, yeah its broken but it also has the most players and there are no massive level disparities and all the bugs make for really fun times, like choppers that won't crash or buildings that just fall on top of you. I also am really, really bad at FPS's so its pretty much the only time when I can maintain a decent K/D ratio, before the only people left playing are the good players
frown.png

also a lot less bots hackers etc first day

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
not being sarcastic, yeah its broken but it also has the most players and there are no massive level disparities and all the bugs make for really fun times, like choppers that won't crash or buildings that just fall on top of you. I also am really, really bad at FPS's so its pretty much the only time when I can maintain a decent K/D ratio, before the only people left playing are the good players
frown.png

also a lot less bots hackers etc first day
I suppose when you put it that way you are correct.
smile.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can view them just fine.

Spronk, not sure how you can say multiplayer on the first day is the best, which is usually the buggiest and most unstable, especially with anything EA/Dice touch these days. Unless of course you were being sarcastic in which case my meter is broken this morning
smile.png
Bah. Chrome giving me errors. IE just fine.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
With Titan fall being released in March I have decided to hold off on the Premium Pack. I am considering skipping BF4 completely. I think Titanfall will be my game of choice when it comes out, so why waste $50 right now?

Anyone else thinking this way? Could use some advice, should I still get BF4 or just play BF3 to hold me over?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
With Titan fall being released in March I have decided to hold off on the Premium Pack. I am considering skipping BF4 completely. I think Titanfall will be my game of choice when it comes out, so why waste $50 right now?

Anyone else thinking this way? Could use some advice, should I still get BF4 or just play BF3 to hold me over?
Feel the same way, but I see BF4 as holding me over till Titanfall. March is a long way off.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Feel the same way, but I see BF4 as holding me over till Titanfall. March is a long way off.
Is March a long way off if you just started LOL for the first time ever? Not to mention TOR PvP has me intrigued, also I have LA Noire/Thief Gold Pack/Deus Ex all on Steam never played waiting for me.

Sobaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just to highlight how badly things have come to be, one of the "expansion packs" is literally four previously-made maps from Battlefield 3. They aren't even trying! By that stretch they should just include all the maps from Battlefield 3. Maybe then the $110 price tag on a game could be somewhat justified.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault | Official Site

Stave

Potato del Grande
Nothing new there, they have remade levels multiple times throughout the series. FPS's do this. Counter-Strike has been riding on the same maps for like 15 years now. Normally I hate DLC, but rather than just having the same old maps imported in, $2.50 a map, for remakes, with better graphics, new destruction, new additions to the layout, etc, is worth it to me. Fuck I spend $5 a day on shitty lunch at work. Will be fun to have a new Metro and Caspian to raise hell in.

Sulrn

Deuces
Nothing new there, they have remade levels multiple times throughout the series. FPS's do this. Counter-Strike has been riding on the same maps for like 15 years now. Normally I hate DLC, but rather than just having the same old maps imported in, $2.50 a map, for remakes, with better graphics, new destruction, new additions to the layout, etc, is worth it to me. Fuck I spend $5 a day on shitty lunch at work. Will be fun to have a new Metro and Caspian to raise hell in.
You are the source of problems in modern gaming culture.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Speaking of 2142, do people still play this? I had it at one point but lost my box/disc far before origin existed, and would love to purchase it on sale sometime and rip it up, but wondering if there are even still servers. I hope Battlefront 3 is BF4/2143 with lightsabers and blasters. I would probably play that more than BF4 if that was the case.