Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
dinged level 62 for the 3rd time now seriously fucked up
frown.png

slowstang_sl

shitlord
Just got a Saitek x52 Flight Control Joystick from a friend and have been trying to pilot helicopters with out much success... Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the default invert setting for left and right x-axis controls?

Nevermind, for some reason when joystick is plugged into a usb 3.0 slot it will cause it to invert the axis.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Is the single player worth playing through? My connection isn't strong enough for multiplayer, but I do love FPS campaigns. I replay the shit out of them if they're good, so I don't mind the price tag. BF3 was utter and complete fucking bullshit though.

Opinions?

Also, it's a possibility I could have multiplayer access in the near future, so it might not be a complete waste...

faille

Molten Core Raider
BF3's campaign was better, so probably give it a miss until you can pick it up on special.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The single player is actually interesting for the first half (aka 2ish hours) then goes completely off the rails stupid. Just do it to get the weapon unlocks and don't touch it again.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UPDATE #9:
PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14
We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
If you've been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the "Network Smoothing" functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you've been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven't tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it's live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select "Check for Update". There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.
Better late than never!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been crashing slightly more than normal lately. Hopefully this upcoming patch will actually work.

faille

Molten Core Raider
If the team you're playing for listens to your directions, I find it can be a blast, especially if you're able to take an otherwise rag-tag team that has been getting its shit pushed in and turn the tide. Otherwise yes, given the current state of the system (e.g. competent commanders negating cruise missiles indefinitely) it can be dull at times. Pop that 200% though and the fun will come from knowing every tiny little 25 is worth nearly as much as a kill.

My friends and I have been trying to implement the idea of "commander truces" between sides, so both commanders don't bore each other to death by endlessly EMP'ing every cruise missile launch, especially on obliteration. 45+ minute long matches can strain the body and soul otherwise.

Edit: Lol @ cruise missile rape on obliteration when enemies are zerging a bomb or plant spot.
Bitches about how fast it is to reach max level in the game, then exploits the fuck out of faster leveling!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
M320 LVG STILL crashes to desktop, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. ffs dice.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bitches about how fast it is to reach max level in the game, then exploits the fuck out of faster leveling!
For commander mode? Sure; playing this game by one's self in the early morning hours is a pain, largely due to the high ping foreign players invading the servers, and the boosts make the exp gains worthwhile. Currently 9th in the US for commander score huehuehue.

While on the topic of commander, they really need to add more options to be able to communicate with your team, identify who is in what squad, how they're performing, etc. Also, it's impossible to join on a friend's game and be put in as their commander; if your friends are kicking the shit out of the other team it will never never allow you to be the commander for that side unless someone else joins. It also switches both commanders every round, which makes playing commander for friends rather pointless and/or time consuming in terms of having to leave / rejoin.

As far as actual mechanics? Cruise missile truces are my new favorite thing. Any half-wit can totally prevent you from landing a single cruise missile, and everyone simply saves their EMP for the other commander's cruise missiles, making it very dull due to the fact that the cooldown for EMP is significantly shorter. I simply ask the other commander to agree to not EMP mine for equitable treatment in return, particularly on Obliteration, and let the butthurt flow through the entire server. Ended up getting 39 kills in about 5 minutes the other day on Flood Zone obliteration. The rooftop campers were furious; took out 9 with a single strike.

Oh, and what did you think of the Hainan Resort obliteration round you joined in on? Seemed 75% of the server was spamming stingers trying to take out the squad little bird to little effect. I found it hilarious that my LAV was destroyed by the bomb you planted, despite the fact I was around 30 feet away. Ah, this game.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
What the general trend stability wise ? Looking like if grab it half off during Black Friday should be able to just patch up and play with little crashes or issues or is that a pipe dream still atm ?