Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After the patch tomorrow it should be stable, in theory. It is playable now, just frustrating at times.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Ok I have 2 questions, I picked this up for ps3/4 and was wondering how the hell do you get to fly the jets (like, do you have to be a certain level or something?) and how do you activate commander mode? I'm almost 30 but never get prompted or see any choice for it?

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Only restriction for being a Commander is that you have to be level 10. When you go to the server browser, choose your server and to the right just underneath the Join Server button is a Commander button. Hit it and you're off. Not every game mode has Commander mode activated though.

As for jets, no restrictions that I know of but the tard curve of keeping one in the air for any length of time and being effective limits how much i personally use them. Just look for one in the pile of available vehicles at your base from the deploy map, click it and you're flyin.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Ok I have 2 questions, I picked this up for ps3/4 and was wondering how the hell do you get to fly the jets (like, do you have to be a certain level or something?) and how do you activate commander mode? I'm almost 30 but never get prompted or see any choice for it?
Vehicles will pop up near the bases on the map and you just click their icon and deploy to spawn inside the vehicle. The only time I've flown jets so far, they were already in the air when you spawn so it's not like you take off from a runway. Also, It seems like jets only appear on certain game modes like Conquest and Demolition on the larger maps. I can't recall ever seeing any jets on Rush mode.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Last night's patch unlocked DLC weapons via assignments. Word is no assignment progress is saved between rounds so do what is listed and youshouldkeep the weapon afterwards.

L85A2 - Assignment: Open Fire
Assault ribbon x3
Get a kill with a pistol in a round
Get a kill with 40mm grenade in a round
Get a kill with the defibrillator in a round

L96A1 - Assignment: Need Only One
Sniper ribbon x3
Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
Get a kill with a DMR in a round
Get a kill with C4 in a round

MTAR-21 - Assignment: Multitalented
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG
Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
Get a kill with kill with a grenade

RPK-74M - Assignment: Powder Keg
I don't know the requirements for this one yet

MP7 - Assignment: Make A Dent
Destroy an air vehicle with portable AA
Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3

Also, two new gadgets (can get into unranked servers to play with these):
SUAV, Flying laser designator. Must be controlled (Recon)
UCAV, Flying Airburst grenade. Must be controlled (Support, Long refil from Ammobox)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Last night's patch unlocked DLC weapons via assignments. Word is no assignment progress is saved between rounds so do what is listed and youshouldkeep the weapon afterwards.

Assault ribbon x3

Sniper ribbon x3

Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG

Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3

UCAV, Flying Airburst grenade. Must be controlled (Support, Long refil from Ammobox)
As a recon player that actually scouts and marks targets the SUAV sounds awesome.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Only restriction for being a Commander is that you have to be level 10. When you go to the server browser, choose your server and to the right just underneath the Join Server button is a Commander button. Hit it and you're off. Not every game mode has Commander mode activated though.

As for jets, no restrictions that I know of but the tard curve of keeping one in the air for any length of time and being effective limits how much i personally use them. Just look for one in the pile of available vehicles at your base from the deploy map, click it and you're flyin.
Maybe its because I'm playing on console but I don't see that option anywhere. Oh well. As for the jet yea I have seen them on the minimap but every time I spawn back at the base (even if it showed up as being there right when I deploy) It's never there, oh well. No biggie.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I haven't got to play yet but apparently in a patch that was supposed to fix crash bugs everyone is now crashing out after every single round.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally got my Battle Packs yesterday, after contacting Amazon again. Not too upset over it because LOL has been dominating all my game time anyway.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I just noticed that battlelog is now showing different stats for hipfire and stability on weapons now. AK-12 used to say 70 stability and now it says 91. AKU-12 used to say 70 and now its 81.

The sar-21 is still showing 80 stability so maybe the AK-12 is the new laser rifle now?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider

Assault ribbon x3

Sniper ribbon x3

Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG

Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3

I unlocked the MTAR finished the round, and then swapped servers, and lost the MTAR again.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Maybe its because I'm playing on console but I don't see that option anywhere. Oh well. As for the jet yea I have seen them on the minimap but every time I spawn back at the base (even if it showed up as being there right when I deploy) It's never there, oh well. No biggie.
Dont spawn at the base. Jets are not on the actual game map for you to jump into and take off. If there is a jet available for you to use, it's icon will appear with the other available vehicles beside your bases icon on the Deploy Map. Double click the jet icon from the Deploy Map and you will spawn in the pilot seat.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
And just to clear it up, I assume he is coming from Battlefield 3, where planes were actually located in the base, and you had to take off with them. Battlefield 4 changed it up, and you just Deploy into them mid flight now.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
And just to clear it up, I assume he is coming from Battlefield 3, where planes were actually located in the base, and you had to take off with them. Battlefield 4 changed it up, and you just Deploy into them mid flight now.
Was that to alleviate people blowing up or jacking the planes at enemy base?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ucav sounds awesome, because airburst is crazy good against anyone that stands still.

Was that to alleviate people blowing up or jacking the planes at enemy base?
Probably to stop them from being perma camped(enemy air could just blow you up while trying to take off) and snipers camping them. Probably reason for the out of bounds cover main spawn also.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah, it was also pitifully easy to steal the enemy team's jets in BF3. You can still land jets in this one, though there isn't any real reason to land to repair anymore.