Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whats so crazy about the engineer rocket? Havn't played Eng much. Isn't it just dumbfire + if something is lased can lockon?
When it gets close to a target it automatically pops up and hits it which means you barely need to aim it. Nothing but dumbass engis popping out from around the corner for half a second and firing in the general direction of a vehicle and scoring hits every time because of it. Very little skill required.

i havent played recon is there someway to see how far a target is? so you can adjust on the fly?
You can always gauge distance by looking at the caps or your squad leader, since they show the distance.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It also will hit any vehicle in the path, ie it will hit any unoccupied vehicle between you and the target. It also targets the stupid cranes and such on transmission.

You still have to lead it though on a moving vehicle, but it is much easier to hit with then the others since its fire and forget. I think it does the lowest damage because of that and it also never seems to disable a tank/lav(because it hits the top of the vehicle).

I tried the RPG for a while and its nice in close quarters, but such a pain on any moving vehicle or at a distance and screw the other AT weapons, nothing like standing up and in the open like a idiot while you keep a lock on.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
50+ pistol kills on a pistol only server 30K points only to get kicked by battlelog for some random authentication error and saves nothing. this game is testing me sometimes i think
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If the server didn't crash, you will get your points added to your record after the round ends.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is it just me, or is firing back at someone who has a green laser sight way more distracting than firing at someone who has a red laser sight?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking hate this game sometimes. Shit wont let me play now because I have to install the plugin, which I did, but it wont recognize it. Why I hate the whole web browser interface crap.

Was literally playing just a hour ago too.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Fucking hate this game sometimes. Shit wont let me play now because I have to install the plugin, which I did, but it wont recognize it. Why I hate the whole web browser interface crap.

Was literally playing just a hour ago too.
Close Origin and reopen it, there was some patch or something I think, at least I had to do that on my kid's computer for her to play.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to uninstall it, close everything, reinstall, then go in and put it on always on. From my first time of just install and hit continue to that, hope its not a pattern.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I love it when commanders keep spawning gunships when I'm in the attack aircraft. They're like point pinatas and so easy to kill.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol yeah and you can literally spam them as long as you have the base required. Crazy. I remember once on that dam map I just literally get killing ac130 over and over and over full of ppl.

Zareth

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the PS4 Conquest mode is finally working. I got about 4 maps in without any crashes on 64p conquest.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I love it when commanders keep spawning gunships when I'm in the attack aircraft. They're like point pinatas and so easy to kill.
As someone with 103 commander service stars, I love it when you do, too. 50 points for each gunship deployed and only two necessary for each ribbon equals tons of points for me in the long run. Those 50 commander action points then fuel other abilities like squad promotions / rapid deploy which give another 25 points.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've found that the one hit kill glitch seems to be more prevalent than it was in Beta for whatever reason, particularly with pistols. Was getting 1-2 OHKs (via HS at full health) with a .45 compact out of every 10 or so attempts versus a friend a few weeks back when we were testing things out.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading from a PS3 to a PS4. If I do, BF4 would be the first game on the play list.

- Have they resolved the issues they were having on the PS4 platform? I saw some complaints on stability and not being able to play on large servers. For me, BF4 is the least-stable game I've ever played on the PS3. I get about one crash every other play session and the occasional low frame rates.

- Does anyone know if you upgrade your license to the new platform: Can you play on both platforms simultaneously? Can PS3 players play against PS4 players (i.e. can we have two playstations running at my house?!!)