Battlefield Hardline

Xevy

Log Wizard
The fact Mechanics are so low must mean that nobody plays Hotwire. Or they don't play it correctly.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact Mechanics are so low must mean that nobody plays Hotwire. Or they don't play it correctly.
Pretty much the latter. You would be shocked how many people play anything but mechanic in hotwire. I can be driving around and have 3 ppl spawn in my car and not one is a mechanic who can repair. It's really shocking how many snipers you see in hotwire.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's funny because though those other classic are definitely effective in some way against passengers or something, only enforcer can take out a vehicle as well as a mechanic. Satchel charges are the only equivalent to HE's in any of the other classes. Snipers are just people trying to boost their KD's mostly. Operator's in Hotwire are people just trying to play Call of Duty.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That chart looks rather questionable especially in Large Conquest mode where mechanics with K10 / P90 + armor inserts are mauling almost everyone. Also in Europe a lot of Hotwire servers are XP / Rep / Cash farms, the infamous "nokill" ones.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So since last weekend during primetime Europe has less than ten 64 players Large Conquest servers running. And they've yet to release their patch.

spronk

FPS noob
no one really plays hardline for conquest, BF4 is insanely better for that mode. its all about hotwire, heist, and blood money. i don't even own the game anymore but for $20 on PC i'd pick it back up just to play hotwire

but yeah the playerbase has definitely dropped off bfhstats.com says the max past 24h is ~111k whereas BF4 is max 110k. Basically a nearly 2 year old game is running neck and neck with a 1 month old game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I disagree, some of Hardline Large CQ maps are really fun and engaging, without BF4 inherent flaws (mortar spam, russian helis / jets, etc) especially Downtown, Bank Job, Everglades and Dust Bowl. Granted The Block is a massive clusterfuck of snipers and grenade spammers and Hollywood has its flaws as well. I think they really need to nerf the mechanic FotM build (K10 and armor insert) because right now it's OP. Also about Hotwire, right now it's boring because of RPG trunk spam, in some maps no one takes the vehicles because they're camped / sabotaged.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I haven't played anything except mechanic and 99% on hotwire. It's an easy 10k point for doing almost nothing and your #1 or #2 on every map even with people with 34 kills and 3 deaths and no boosts on.

Plus I love the guns and satellite phone for placing near either C or D on almost any map. Perk 2 is amazing (fast repair) and mechanic is the only class I've gotten to tier 4. That's not saying much because I've played a total of 7 minutes of the other classes but... I highly doubt I will ever switch.

My main goal is to maxx out transport chopper because I love flying those things around and having my team blow some shit up but I love just repairing shit too for some boring reason.

If anyone is on PS4 and needs a very decent heli pilot or mechanic repair bitch, I have about a month off and just playing my games.

I do notice that most the time I'm the only fucker on the entire team repairing and without a doubt no one is EVER a m3chanic when I'm driving.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Highlights from Twitter QA with Thaddeus Sasser : BF_Hardline

Also :

38Zp82B.png

spronk

FPS noob
snagged hardline for pc off origin mexico too with hola, $24 isn't bad at all i was waiting for $15. i just love hotwire and heist mode for some reason, its double xp weekend so already hit like level 14 after just a few games. 10-15k score a game just driving and repairing, 0 kills.

pc version is great compared to PS4 version, i don't really notice any difference visually but response time is great. only thing i'm not loving is borderless mode, can't tab back to screens behind it while loading matches. i haven't updated my nvidia drivers in a while though so it may be that. your character isn't universal unfortunately, all my progress is back to 0 on pc but i was only like level 30 on ps4 anyways.

its crazy how fast the pop dropped though, according to bfhstats its 55k total players and only 3k on pc right now. bf4 is almost triple that on pc although hardline has more on xbox one/ps4

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for PC.

Battlepacks
- Bronze packs - changes made to the last slot drop to improve the chances of collectibles and vouchers rather than boosts.
- Silver packs - made the first 3 slots like a Bronze pack, and removed any chances of getting standard drops and increased the chances of collectibles for the last slot.
- Gold packs - made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of getting superior or distinguished items.
- Shortcut Battlepacks added.
- Added the Prima Guide's Gold Battlepack.

Battlepickups
- Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage.

Crash Fixes
- Fixed a crash related to some specific Nvidia based video cards.
- Fixed some low reproduction crashes related to video card drivers.
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer based on data from BugSentry (internal crash tracking tool for live servers).

Gameplay
- Bullet impacts near the player no longer cause camera shake in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue in the Hollywood Heights map that allowed players to grab cash through a roof in the Blood Money game mode.
- Optimized game engine to increase graphics performance while punkbuster is running.

Modes
- Fixed an issue where the Hotwire game mode was showing as available for the Hollywood Heights MP map.
- Adjusted Team Death Match spawns so player is closer to friendlies and further from enemies.
- Adjusted tickets to 600 for Conquest Small and 999 for Conquest Large.
- Added Conquest Large to the Growhouse map.
- Fixed an issue were some game modes didn't have the correct amount of tickets.

Servers
- Fixed an issue with server customization settings for certain game modes.
- Added ability to clear and save a maplist when using the remote console server controls.
- Increased the size of the text character limit for the MP map lists.

Shortcut Kits
- Added licenses for all items granted in the DLC shortcuts.

UI
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass the timer at the beginning of the round during Rescue and Crosshair.
-Fixed an issue with the Chinese language EULA referring to another game title.

Vehicles
- Reduced the health of the couch and reduced the rate at which it can be repaired.
- Adjusted the criminal and law enforcement variants of the sedan so that they now take the same damage per bullet from weapons.

Weapon Tuning
- K10 - reduced start damage to 33 and end damage to 8
- Saiga, PTR 91, HCAR, and HK51 - reduced the amount of vertical recoil
- RO993 - increased the rate of fire to 850
- Jury 410 - increased the amount of damage per pellet to 20
- FMG9 - increased max damage to 25
- Battle Rifle ammo - increased min damage to 25
- AKM - bullet min damage decreased to 24

Misc
- Fixed dev only bugs related to command line arguments used for testing.
Source

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ZNCIsPd.png

PC wise the game is dying pretty fast, mostly because Visceral are incompetent fucks and all they have PR wise is that dude on reddit telling everyone they're shit because they don't know how serious it is to make a videogame. Meanwhile most game modes are a joke (lol @ TDM spawns) and game balance is ruined with mechanics running around with K10 / Armor Insert combo and most guns / gadgets being irrelevant. Putting a damage mitigation on a gadget, who would ever think this was a good idea ?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
ZNCIsPd.png

PC wise the game is dying pretty fast, mostly because Visceral are incompetent fucks and all they have PR wise is that dude on reddit telling everyone they're shit because they don't know how serious it is to make a videogame. Meanwhile most game modes are a joke (lol @ TDM spawns) and game balance is ruined with mechanics running around with K10 / Armor Insert combo and most guns / gadgets being irrelevant. Putting a damage mitigation on a gadget, who would ever think this was a good idea ?
Yep, only reason I still play at all is for hotwire hi-jinxs