Battlefield Hardline

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The ads for this on twitch.tv are absolutely dreadful and certainly do not make me want to play the game anymore than I already don't.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ads for this on twitch.tv are absolutely dreadful and certainly do not make me want to play the game anymore than I already don't.
Never trust trailers/Ads. Good or Bad. Always play the game first-hand before buying, which in today's market, most games give you that opportunity. A lot better then so long ago, when beta invites were so rare, there were no streams and you had to go by trailers/ads or hope a friend buys it first.

spronk

FPS noob
hardline will be $40 ($32 with GCU) next week (3/29-4/4) at Best Buy. if you bought it from best buy on launch you can call in and price adjust next week, should get back $20 or so. unity will also be $20 ($16 with GCU)

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Since there is a bigger difference between BF4 and Hardline than it is between BF3 and BF4 and I have both of them, I will probably buy Hardline when I am feel that I am finished with BF4.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Weapon balance in this game is atrocious at the moment. TTK is reasonable-ish with the starter weapons.

But the assault rifles doing an extra 30% damage for no explicable reason is mind bottling.

The Kriss is so far and away the better smg it's comical.

1250 kills for a weapon license is asinine.

The DMRs most definitely got tweaked between beta and live and are pretty shit now. This is coming from a guy who has probably 4k kills in BF4 with them and ground them all out before they got buffed. Their TTK is so bad you can really only kill people with starter weapons because the ARs are more accurate and drastically higher dps.

None of the weapons criminal side I give a shit about minus the broken BR the enforcer gets as its muzzle velocity is most definitely bugged right now. Everything else minus the 416 is trash.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
My jims are a little rustled that when I'm the helicopter pilot, sometimes I get points from my gunners kills, and sometimes I don't. Also I feel like I should get more points for flying. My gunner in hotwire got around 11k points, and as the pilot I only got around 3-4k

Xevy

Log Wizard
My jims are a little rustled that when I'm the helicopter pilot, sometimes I get points from my gunners kills, and sometimes I don't. Also I feel like I should get more points for flying. My gunner in hotwire got around 11k points, and as the pilot I only got around 3-4k
Yeah it's fucked up. To fix it you can hit F6 then F1 and you'll usually start getting your driver assists again. They do need to increase piloting points by about 50% at least though. I've had a few games where the gunners are around 35 and 0 and the chopper never goes down, but as a pilot either my friend or I get about 4-5k points and the gunner gets 15k+. Though one time I was in the chopper and it bugged and was giving me hotwire vehicle bonus. That was pretty legit. Just chilled in the back repairing while ticking up 15 points per second.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So in BF3, 95% of my time was spent on the Closer Quarters maps. (Ziba Tower, Donya Fortress, Operation 925, and Scrapmetal), and in BF4 about 95% of my time was on Domination Only servers. I really enjoy the close quarters stuff and sometimes sniping, and just hate dealing with tanks and mile long maps and shit. I know I know, that's what Battlefield is all about, but damn we had some epic Ziba Tower fights over checkpoints, etc. I do enjoy infantry battle teamwork, yet still like being able to lone wolf and rack up kills as well if I want to. Way more fun than CoD and the likes. Not just run and gun.

So anyways, I quit playing BF4 shortly before the last expansion pack came out. Got bored of the generic Domination maps. I am debating on picking this one up with the Best Buy deal on PC. Is it more of a close quarters friendly game? Or am I gonna be stuck conquesting it up on giant maps for ages? I got to play the 2nd beta for an hour or so and didn't dislike what I saw, but not sure how the rest of the modes/maps are or if it's worth a buy for someone like me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You better like driving or shooting at cars if you buy this game.

I too enjoyed the CQ maps in BF3.

It's sad that BC2 is still the best in the series.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So in BF3, 95% of my time was spent on the Closer Quarters maps. (Ziba Tower, Donya Fortress, Operation 925, and Scrapmetal), and in BF4 about 95% of my time was on Domination Only servers. I really enjoy the close quarters stuff and sometimes sniping, and just hate dealing with tanks and mile long maps and shit. I know I know, that's what Battlefield is all about, but damn we had some epic Ziba Tower fights over checkpoints, etc. I do enjoy infantry battle teamwork, yet still like being able to lone wolf and rack up kills as well if I want to. Way more fun than CoD and the likes. Not just run and gun.

So anyways, I quit playing BF4 shortly before the last expansion pack came out. Got bored of the generic Domination maps. I am debating on picking this one up with the Best Buy deal on PC. Is it more of a close quarters friendly game? Or am I gonna be stuck conquesting it up on giant maps for ages? I got to play the 2nd beta for an hour or so and didn't dislike what I saw, but not sure how the rest of the modes/maps are or if it's worth a buy for someone like me.
There are close quarters maps for sure. Some painfully so like the fucking donut shop level. If you play Heist or Blood Money you'll be fine doing CQ. There's also 'large' and 'small' conquest. Refers to the map size rather than the team size, I believe. There's plenty to do.

But hotwire is still the best way to get exp if you need unlocks and that's 75% vehicle stuff. If you play hardcore though your guns will fuck vehicles up still.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Loved BF Vietnam the most but BC2 very close 2nd. Arica harbor, grand bazaar, hue, all day everyday.