Battlefield Hardline

spronk

FPS noob
to be honest i mostly bought it just so all the SJWs who hate the game for glorifying violence by cops get more pissed at sales

it also trades in for $44 at best buy (cost $38 preorder from them) and will probably stay like that for a few weeks. The platinum is also really easy, you just need to finish the campaign at vet level, do mostly SP stuff like find all evidence/stealth some levels/etc, and then just 3 trophies from MP - win 5 games of heist/blood money each, kill 25 people with some gun, and umm one more thing.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
to be honest i mostly bought it just so all the SJWs who hate the game for glorifying violence by cops get more pissed at sales

it also trades in for $44 at best buy (cost $38 preorder from them) and will probably stay like that for a few weeks. The platinum is also really easy, you just need to finish the campaign at vet level, do mostly SP stuff like find all evidence/stealth some levels/etc, and then just 3 trophies from MP - win 5 games of heist/blood money each, kill 25 people with some gun, and umm one more thing.
Over party chat, my friend and I were shouting "Hands up don't shoot!" as the cops as we were killing the bad guys

Xevy

Log Wizard
Do SJW's really protest this game? I hope not considering the thief side yells shit like "LET'S MURDER THOSE FUCKING PIGS!" and stuff. Then again, they're not known for being reasonable when they complain about shit.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Looks like sales on this are downright abysmal. Someone on SA reported like 20k in PC sales or something... It's now bundled as a pack with the PS4.

Good. I hope EA chokes on this garbage. Should have been 20 to begin with. Hopefully the CoD series is next and maybe they can start actually designing games and innovate rather than ship rinse and repeat tweaks and game maps at full price.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Hey Spronk you may want to hurry up with that trade in. This POS is going to drop in value like a rock.

They are also now reporting platform wide server issues not related to ddos attacks.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey Spronk you may want to hurry up with that trade in. This POS is going to drop in value like a rock.

They are also now reporting platform wide server issues not related to ddos attacks.
lol wtf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Was written to this post:

it also trades in for $44 at best buy (cost $38 preorder from them) and will probably stay like that for a few weeks.
Within 24 hours it's already dropped down to 32 bucks.

Meaning, trade it in now before you may as well play frisbee with the disc.

That's how big of a pile of shit this game is.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well at least Ut and EA have something in common, they just do the same shit over and over again.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well at least Ut and EA have something in common, they just do the same shit over and over again.
Yep! They create horrible games, and I keep posting about how horrible they are.

Your point? You should know this about me by now. I mean it's been what.... 10 years?

How long did it take you to realize that there are usually trees in a forest?

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game cost me $70 CAD on Origin. Never had a chance to play the beta. Played hotwire mode. Didnt take long to realized that I couldnt shoot anything while driving the car or flying the helicopter. So there is ZERO incentive to actually pilot or drive in that mode. Played a few more rounds of that and other modes, promptly logged off and returned it on Origin. What a waste, back to BF4 it is.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yo Ut,
I'm not going to get a righteously indignant defending the game, but you are really over reacting and reaching on, well... everything. But, that is what you do. It is in your nature. You are the scorpion that rides the toad. So, keep doing what you do best
smile.png

Speaking as someone that has actually played it, I agree with Metacritic, it is a 7.5/10 game. It's good... not great, not an insult, nor a disaster... just good. The multiplayer is fun and the new modes give you experiences in the Battlefield universe that that the other games cannot offer.

I think this game will spawn a recurring Cops vs Robbers franchise, in the same way Black Ops started to exist parallel to CoD.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game cost me $70 CAD on Origin. Never had a chance to play the beta. Played hotwire mode. Didnt take long to realized that I couldnt shoot anything while driving the car or flying the helicopter. So there is ZERO incentive to actually pilot or drive in that mode. Played a few more rounds of that and other modes, promptly logged off and returned it on Origin. What a waste, back to BF4 it is.
You can get the top score by driving a car in hotwire easily. You get much, MUCH more points being in a hotwire vehicle than you do killing. You'd have to basically kill some one every 7 seconds or so to match it while at full speed. Chopper pilots do get semi shafted as they only get 1/4 their gunners points, but it's still pretty worthwhile especially if the other team doesn't know how to shoot you down.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yo Ut,
I'm not going to get a righteously indignant defending the game, but you are really over reacting and reaching on, well... everything. But, that is what you do. It is in your nature. You are the scorpion that rides the toad. So, keep doing what you do best
smile.png

Speaking as someone that has actually played it, I agree with Metacritic, it is a 7.5/10 game. It's good... not great, not an insult, nor a disaster... just good. The multiplayer is fun and the new modes give you experiences in the Battlefield universe that that the other games cannot offer.

I think this game will spawn a recurring Cops vs Robbers franchise, in the same way Black Ops started to exist parallel to CoD.
Yeah don't get me wrong, if this was a 20 dollar add on it would be perfect. The fact they tacked on a horrible single player campaign however just to justify selling this as a full retail launch title is disgusting. It should have been a player made mod should they still allow it, which they do not, or a DLC expac for BF4 owners. Hell, even a free DLC for everything we all had to go through with BF4 and it's countless and known issues. Which we also know EA/Dice knew about as they shipped BF4 and did nothing but collect the cash.

spronk

FPS noob
Best Buy is running a 30% trade in promo this week and 10% extra GCU so $30 base is $44.80. When the 30% bonus ends the trade in value will jump to $35 or $40. I doubt the trade in value will drop for at least 2-3 weeks.

don't let personal feelings affect financial decisions utnayan, there are currently (Battlefield Hardline Stats) 21k PC players, 20k ps3/360 players, and 160k ps4/xbone players. Based on a typical 1:5 to 1:10 current online to purchase ratio the game has probably already sold 1m units in the first week and will probably end up around 3-4m. I don't think its a great game and it brings nothing new to FPS but for a cheap rental its fun to relive your cops and robbers youth. Its too bad Dice/EA/Visceral is too lame to do mods, a cowboys and indians mod woulda been great.

Getting the platinum turns out to be harder than I thought, you have to complete the game in veteran and then refinish in hardline mode (dunno the diff). Two of the MP trophies are easy, the third one is a 20-30 hour grind though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Except typical ratios during a launch week of an online game are actually closer to 1:2 or 1:2.5.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Best Buy is running a 30% trade in promo this week and 10% extra GCU so $30 base is $44.80. When the 30% bonus ends the trade in value will jump to $35 or $40. I doubt the trade in value will drop for at least 2-3 weeks.

don't let personal feelings affect financial decisions utnayan, there are currently (Battlefield Hardline Stats) 21k PC players, 20k ps3/360 players, and 160k ps4/xbone players. Based on a typical 1:5 to 1:10 current online to purchase ratio the game has probably already sold 1m units in the first week and will probably end up around 3-4m. I don't think its a great game and it brings nothing new to FPS but for a cheap rental its fun to relive your cops and robbers youth. Its too bad Dice/EA/Visceral is too lame to do mods, a cowboys and indians mod woulda been great.

Getting the platinum turns out to be harder than I thought, you have to complete the game in veteran and then refinish in hardline mode (dunno the diff). Two of the MP trophies are easy, the third one is a 20-30 hour grind though.
Dump it! QUICK.