Battlefield V

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah 64 smaller maps with polish would rock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ive played the BF series pretty religiously from 1942 and I stopped playing BF1 2-3 months after release because it just wasnt a Battlefield game.

Same. BF4 was the last real BF game, and even that one I played a lot less then BF3 or BFBC2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Same. BF4 was the last real BF game, and even that one I played a lot less then BF3 or BFBC2.

Yeah I put over 150 hours into BF3, just over 50 in BF4. Maybe BF5 can get me back into it, but that remains to be seen.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You never see all those people at one time other than the lobby so it's kind of a moot point.

Smaller, lower player count maps that insanely polished with spectacular gunplay would make for faster games and better mid game.

Kinda goes back to why i like the epic feel. If i wanted smaller and polished. I'd play fortnite, which I don't. I hate how small that map feels. 100 people, giant ass map with tons of places. The one thing i"ll give bluehole is with one of the recent patches, even though circle fucking still happens, the end circle has been in new places. Instead of almost predictable ones. Seen 2 around Campo Militar in a week and another at the swamp behind mansion etc.

Despite pubg having shit optimization on the Unreal Engine (i'm still impressed by this failure), their half day of testing to roll out a broken patch, I still prefer it to alternatives because it feels bigger and more real. I worry about BF5's BR because lately I feel like the BF series is trying to copy CoD's model of smaller and smaller maps for a glorified deathmatch with minor objectives for teams to ignore. Where I felt in BF2, 2142, BC2, and even BF3, the maps were objective first, deathmatch later.

But at least I know Dice can make one hell of an engine that runs prety good out of the box. Just a matter of them not fucking up the BR features and killing their own playerbase with Pay to win.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was cruising Reddit earlier and saw all the hilarious speculation posts, then someone posted about the game being the war with feminists leading the charge. I honestly would not be surprised if they did some stupid ass shit like that.

Now this has popped up on my YouTube.

• 3Like

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn’t know CODWW2 went full SJW but I didn’t know anyone that played it. It’s always the same story.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
BF1 may have been the end on the uphill climb for Battlefield and we may be on the cusp of the downfall.

I hold little to no hope for BF5.

They will either re-introduce helicopters or they will not. I think they almost have to. For me personally, helicopters are the exact thing that ruins Battlefield. Planes are one-pass deals that have to turn around at high speeds. Helos can hover. That makes for a whole new dynamic.

I know this: I used to play with a guy who was so good with his Helo in BF3 that no 2 SAMs could take him down. You needed 3 SAMs working together to bring this ONE pilot down.

I'll give the guy credit, he was very good with that helicopter. He was also a funny and likable guy, but he absolutely highlighted what was wrong with the balance in all of the 'modern' BF games. Helicopters. They are categorically 'not fun' for people who like to play infantry. Gun-Play in Battlefield is actually really good and has been since BF3. But that's why being Helo'd from above while in a gun-fight on the ground is so damn infuriating. It's why I left BF3 and never bothered to purchase BF4. If they go back to that whole model again they will have lost me once again and for the same reasons.

BF1 is/was the best BF game ever made. I'm not sure they can top this effort easily.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

1dxet4.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just make the game a 24/7 op metro server.

AEK time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The progression system and power-ups were the worst things about BF1. The rest was pretty good, however, the last DLC was fucking aids.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Bc2 had the best mix of class play and squad tactics. Not to big, not to small, not to hard, not too soft.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Also had the best destructible environments. I also personally loved the maps the most.

• 3Like