Battlefield V

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You know, I wonder why someone hasn't made a shooter yet that has gameplay from all generations to keep everyone happy.

2-4 maps WW2
2-4 maps Modern
2-4 futuristic

use the same models, just change up weapons open up modding support and then you have something for everyone. Would be interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
because you wouldn't be able to sell three different games at $60 with a $40 season pass, duh

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

I'm ready to see this trainwreck of a presentation from Trevor Noah tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
In my family, because of my nephew, we call them hepachopters. Battlefield V, confirmed no hepachopters!

Eat a dick Chopter-Cucks!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
BC2 was obviously the best battlefield when you take everything in to account, but I'd put BF1 top three. Put four hundred hours in to it easy.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In my family, because of my nephew, we call them hepachopters. Battlefield V, confirmed no hepachopters!

Is it just the fact that helos are devastating weapon platforms that annoys you in BF? Because that's my complaint too, in everything "newer" than BF:V. I fly helos all the time, but I'll always jump in a transport chopper if it's free because I just like the flying aspect.

The main reason I love BF:V is because the helos aren't quite as overpowered, especially when you add in all the canopy cover in vietnam. The best server I ever played on was in BF:V and they only had transport vehicles enabled. No tanks, no jets, no Mi-8s or gunship hueys. Just jeeps and transport hueys pretty much.

Hekotat

Vehicles in general have been stupid OP since BF:3. Jets made me ragequit BF3 and BF4, just flying back and forth killing infantry with a pinpoint laser cannon is not fun or good game play. Then they went and gave them IR optics with unlimited range and they work in the day time.

Adding pinpoint accuracy to vehicles is not fun gameplay, I don't know why they can't get vehicles balanced anymore.

You go and jump on BF4 servers these days and it's BTRs raping the entire map going 150 - 3, or a jet doing the same just sniping people with the nose cannon.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The flying in BF games is just very powerful and has an exceptionally high learning curve and skill cap. The great players do ridiculous things. The average player dies.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If it's just the transport vehicles, a good pilot can still have a significant impact for their team without ROFLstomping the other team into the ground. I'll bet over half of my time in BF4 is just trying to do transport helo hot zone insertion/extraction runs in for my teamates capping flags. Getting a kill with the door gunners isn't especially common, and there's a million opportunities for the enemy infantry to take out a fully loaded helo and rack up some points. At least on the rare occasions that a jet doesn't ram into us during takeoff. I don't see an issue with balance on just the transport aircraft.

Ever since I played on that custom BF:V server, I've been hoping that they'd add an official mode that's something like Conquest Large (Transport vehicles only).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought planes in BF 1942 were way more overpowered then Helos from subsequent games. I do remember Helos being stupidly overpowered in the desert combat mod for BF1942 but I thought they toned that shit out in the main releases.

One thing I loved about 1942 was how shitty the snipers were. Take that shitters snipers.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought planes in BF 1942 were way more overpowered then Helos from subsequent games. I do remember Helos being stupidly overpowered in the desert combat mod for BF1942 but I thought they toned that shit out in the main releases.

One thing I loved about 1942 was how shitty the snipers were. Take that shitters snipers.

Yeah they were. The machine guns plus the bombs. If you knew how to time bombs you were going to rack up kills. I loved the bomber too that had what, 2 or 3 machine gunner spots? was just overall fun. Though you had to trust the pilot to not kill everyone on takeoff

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
The worst part is reading about/talking about all these fond memories knowing EA is giddy with excitement to rape all of those in a few hours.

• 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

With as much experimental shit as they threw in with BF1, I would not hedge against them throwing in some near post war shit. (Kinda like war thunder creeping in newer and newer stuff until it had vietnam shit in tier 5 when it was otherwise a ww2 game)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I gotta say is if it's another battle royale game I'm done. I already lost my glorious call of duty single player mode to that shit.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The main thing that helped planes be so deadly in BF1942 was the fact the game engine couldn't really render much in the way of ground foliage, so players REALLY stuck out against the ground. Made it super easy to machine gun people down. Plus, planes flew relatively slow, so it made strafing runs much easier to do and your only real counter to planes was AA guns.

Worst thing in BF was the heat seeking missiles they introduced in later games. IMO made infantry too powerful vs. aircraft since you could spam spawn like 20 people and just spam missiles.

Plus I never forgave them for nerfing the A-10 cannon in BF3. Herp derp, let's make a tank killer unable to kill tanks!

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only got on the BF bandwagon (and shooters in general, was an RPG man) with BF3 after playing beta. Played that like 500 hours, played BF4 like another 300, but could not get into BF1 at all. Did play the shit out of Battlefront 2 though.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
All I gotta say is if it's another battle royale game I'm done. I already lost my glorious call of duty single player mode to that shit.

Honestly since PUBG all ive wanted was BF to introduce a BR mode as well - sure i dont want the entire game to give up its SP campaign to do it but id like them to handle a BR mode since they have the maps and capability to likely pull it off best.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Honestly since PUBG all ive wanted was BF to introduce a BR mode as well - sure i dont want the entire game to give up its SP campaign to do it but id like them to handle a BR mode since they have the maps and capability to likely pull it off best.

Agreed. As much as I hate EA, I trust DICE to make the engine and netcode to handle a BR game amazingly well. I've never had a BF death that I felt I could blame on lag. and the games were always silky smooth FPS.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?