Battlefield V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Game feels better but it is still shitty. Hopefully they can build on this momentum and continue to fix stuff.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Looks fun and then I remember all of the aimbot fucks in BF1 and Nah.

Eat -all- the turds if you've ever cheated in a MP game of any sort. Choke on them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
And nary a pink haired tranny cripple was to be seen in this trailer. nope, just good old american marines fighting the Japanese.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Imagine if that's all the game was.

EA would have had my money and I would have had anon cucked battlefield.

But nope. Maybe when it's $5.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Imagine if that's all the game was.

EA would have had my money and I would have had anon cucked battlefield.

But nope. Maybe when it's $5.
I may play this for the nostalgia value alone...Apparently confirmed maps are Wake Island and Iwo Jima...my guess is that guadalcanal will be there too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah this might suck me back in its a free expansion too. I played abotu 200 hrs of this when it first came out. Its ok, but I would rather have a modern shooter. Fuck all this history lesson bullshit. Which by dice was not even history at all, lol.

Cybsled

Looks like only 2 maps on 10/31...Iwo Jima and 'Pacific Storm', which visually looks like Tarawa. Gonna be day 1 play for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like what the fuck actually happened to this company. They used to make the best fucking shooters. Is it the EA shit? BF, BF2, BF3, BF4 were all fucking excellent, then they started making stupid SW games and all went to shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Like what the fuck actually happened to this company. They used to make the best fucking shooters. Is it the EA shit? BF, BF2, BF3, BF4 were all fucking excellent, then they started making stupid SW games and all went to shit.

I don't think I've ever considered a BF game to hold the title of a great shooter. Fun, sure. But definitely not "the best" of what's available. It's EA being EA just like Activision being Activision. Shit out one product, immediately get ready to do it again a year later.

I think they just started thinking fun costs too much and hinders cost/time that could be spent working on the next money grab when people still buy it anyway.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I feel like Dice ask themselves what can we do to be like Call of Duty and match their "success."

I didn't play BF2, and only very little of 2042.. I wouldn't even know where to place Vietnam; but I did love it.. just no one played. It could be rosy tinted nostalgia glasses, but I felt like 1942 felt slower and more open. There felt like there was room to do dumb shit all the time, while still playing the game.. and the series progressed itself into a meat grinder of an FPS. I just think of moments of either jihad jeeping, hitting sand banks in alamein with jeeps trying to not explode on landing, camping enemy airfields, shit in 1943 all I did was fly around trying to headshot infinitry w/ the planes; if i wasn't dogfighting. I think the only times I truly enjoyed myself in BF series was 1942, 1943, Desert Combat mod(pretty much a lot of mods that never finished, but DC was hands down best), and Battlefield 3. I remember playing BC2, not hating it.. but once me and a friend learned synergy with the heli/gunner.. constantly 60-x or more, and just complete shut out.. it got real stupid and we ended up dropping off of the game. No comment on 4, the disaster that was launch; never touched it after that.

Battlefield 1 basically handed you the vehicle, no airfield or anything.. some of the map designs were nice.. it wasn't horrible just not long lasting.. I think I was playing w/ heko and co one time on a sand dune oasis type map, where we were holding the outside by the watery area.. while we kept getting ran down by the horses.. shit was mad fun; we also didn't lose our ground. I think it was either 3 or 4 of us. I didn't stick around long enough in BF1, seemed like a lot of gun balancing issues.. BF5 is 'nice', but I just can't understand how to fix the run/gun aspect, what do you change when its fundamentally bankrupt on this case.. It's like my friend said, he enjoys the game purely because he can get on for 20 minutes out of his day, go 60-5, and get off satisfied. He did the same shit on x360 with a xim on CoD.

I just want to be able to recon to an enemy base and gimp their air superiority via infantry. I enjoyed the smaller modes a bit more on bf5 since I had more control over the ebb and flow of a game, and nothing like bodying an entire team w/ a clan tag. I could also use guns that have zero place in the bigger modes, like the 1 shot silent carbine, or the sniper pistol thing.

They just need to take better game design risks, and not cosmetic risks to cator toward audiences. I think this middle ground map size is a dead game style, and maybe exploring planet side esq territorial war effort maps at 20km+ but not with BR mechanics of drop/loot/survive. It would end up being a pick your own playstyle/choose your adventure with your friends or the lone soldier.. Prob wouldn't work entirely, but I feel it's a potentially untapped way to play a -battlefield- game.

I feel like with Apex, and depending on how the new Star Wars game goes, Dice might honestly get its talent absorbed under West and Zamp command. They've been doing really good at addressing community concerns, and their balancing method has been quite solid with subtle adjustments rather than straight slaps into the ground.

tl;dr Hope pacific front reals back actual spawn bases, but wiping my ass, was a goodpoop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is the Pacific expansion going to have Wake? That's one of the reasons I never bothered with this game. Wake Island is a staple of the WW2 Battlefield's and to leave that out is criminal.