Battlefield V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like Dice ask themselves what can we do to be like Call of Duty and match their "success."
Basically. per origin/steam;

BC2 406 hours played
BF3 232 hours played(gotta be an error I played the hell out of that game)
BF4 735 hours played
BF1 66 hours played

I owned and played the hell out of every BF game since 1942 but come BF1 I just couldnt get into it. Aside from the fact I did not like the idea of being in a WW1 setting but giving everyone firearms and gadgets that made it just like youre a well equiped soldier in the 21st century, how they changed the vehicles just infuriated me. No longer where they an integral part of the game, now they just became a power up you where lucky to get. The salt in the wound was the sjw wokeness of being a black guy in the imperial German Army.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
changed the vehicles just infuriated me
Definitely a huge reason I don't sink much time into either BF1 or BF5, also the missed opportunity to do Vietnam for 5.. Another classic moment was in BF3, stealing the enemies little bird, and having/maintaining two little birds on one team. It might be minor, and I am spoiled by Day of Defeat and other WWII games.. but Iron-sighted bolt actions not being able to one-tap, or even really being remotely useful beyond a sniper.. I could just be bad, but god does it feel fucking atrocious in this game.

Yeah, definitely agree on the 21st century solider. It's kinda where I am at, thinking on how the game needs an "Operation Health" but pfft, what company wants to rework their game.. I just want crude load outs, with -some- emphasis on movement, cover, angles, and the workings of a tactical shooter but slightly more arcade-y than full on tact. Kill streaks in this game just isn't rewarding unless its purposefully trolly.

I'll prob give the Pacific Theatre a play, esp since I haven't played since they had huge bug problems on their last major theatre.. so there will be a lot. I'm just happy I didn't technically -buy- this game, but the origin prem; so I just have a huge stack of doodoo to sift from. Apex is fun though c:

I honestly didn't know about the Onkel Tom, thats pretty funny. I avoided pretty much all those elements of the game, but the other stuff wasn't much better. The pacific trailer was nice, actually saw the Jap's slaughtering, and the Yanks dying.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
We're all talking about going back to some old BF roots but no one is bringing up 2142, we need THAT remake (properly made, obviously) badly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Basically. per origin/steam;

BC2 406 hours played
BF3 232 hours played(gotta be an error I played the hell out of that game)
BF4 735 hours played
BF1 66 hours played

I owned and played the hell out of every BF game since 1942 but come BF1 I just couldnt get into it. Aside from the fact I did not like the idea of being in a WW1 setting but giving everyone firearms and gadgets that made it just like youre a well equiped soldier in the 21st century, how they changed the vehicles just infuriated me. No longer where they an integral part of the game, now they just became a power up you where lucky to get. The salt in the wound was the sjw wokeness of being a black guy in the imperial German Army.

I started BF with BF3 so I never experienced the ones before as I was never into shooters back then. But BF3 and BF4 were really good IMO and held me for hundreds of hours, just like you. BF1 and even BF5 just dont hold me like those others did. Not sure if its the setting, or the weapons, or whatever, it just does not feel the same. even though they are gorgeous games graphically.

Man I hope they get back to what they were in the BF2-4 days. And I hope they go back to a more modern setting.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I started BF with BF3 so I never experienced the ones before as I was never into shooters back then. But BF3 and BF4 were really good IMO and held me for hundreds of hours, just like you. BF1 and even BF5 just dont hold me like those others did. Not sure if its the setting, or the weapons, or whatever, it just does not feel the same. even though they are gorgeous games graphically.

Man I hope they get back to what they were in the BF2-4 days. And I hope they go back to a more modern setting.

Lack of maps and weapons definitely make a huge difference, as well as unlocks to pursue.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We're all talking about going back to some old BF roots but no one is bringing up 2142, we need THAT remake (properly made, obviously) badly.

yeah I wish

so when does this come out?

Also will there be Japanese geisha women in kimono’s fighting alongside men?

I wanna clit bag Hekotat Hekotat

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1572377435946.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Can’t teabag me if I am camping the map screen, waiting for plane respawn

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
That jackfrags video is great. I haven't played BFV in ages since I did not really enjoy the game at the start

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Imo sniping is too easy in this game. Here is one of the many streaks over time that I captured...