Battlestar Galactica

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The music is top knotch. The whole plot with "All along the watchtower" was a+ television.

Sterling

El Presidente
I enjoyed the show a great deal. But it certainly has it's flaws and falls a little short of being truly great because of them. The good stuff is really fantastic though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't really mind anything that happens in the show up until the finale. The opera house conclusion, Cheif having to choke a bitch and "lol, god" are all pretty inexcusable for me, but I enjoy everything right up to these very ending moments. Season 4 does get off the rails, but it's still enjoyable until the end. The two Gaeta mutiny episodes might be my two favorite of the whole series and those happen right at the very end.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rewatching the clip of getting my men back and a few others brings back memories and a punch in the feels. Usually excellent music scores. (Though seem to recall a few things overused by the end.) Definately suffered from I think a bit of writing as they went for parts so the end ended up a tad on the loony side. Did like the post show other mini series added a bit and holes and such.

Too bad the show Caprica itself was such ass, might have developed into something nicer.
Edit: Fuck gaeta in his little emo fking face. Also I'm a softy so was a bit disapointed with some of the ones they kill in the end, esp the cylon that was like oops my bad I sorry.... blam.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that Helo guy was probably one of the worst acted roles I have ever seen in a TV show. He was awful. I thought Boomer was pretty mediocre as well. But she's pretty goddamn hot, so it's forgiven.

Sludig

Blargh, and it's not available on netflix now that I'm feeling my first rewatch of the thing. le sad

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not to sound too hipster, but I liked the original series better because of some of the reasons you pointed out. But I really liked the reboot too. The original series didn't feel like it was forcing in grittiness and drama. It also probably didn't last long enough to start sucking. I think the running off to find the arrow thing is par for the course in the reboot. There were a few confusing moments, but for the most part, they come back and explain those things eventually. You just have to buy into mysticism and destiny as being valid reasons. For some people, I think it's too much to pretend people as devoutly religious as they are were able to advance science far enough to travel between stars. Also, remember that starbuck is now a chick, so she's automatically more irrational than the old one.

I just finished Caprica not too long ago, and I think I liked that series better than either BSG. There were some obvious things I had to get over. Such as why the guns and cars were all obvious earth guns and cars. I gave them a pass on that because I figure they had better uses for their budget. I was pretty surprised at how they handled Caprica. Straight to DVD and no second season.

Why is this in the movie house? I thought they were doing a new BSG movie or something.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't really mind anything that happens in the show up until the finale. The opera house conclusion, Cheif having to choke a bitch and "lol, god" are all pretty inexcusable for me, but I enjoy everything right up to these very ending moments. Season 4 does get off the rails, but it's still enjoyable until the end. The two Gaeta mutiny episodes might be my two favorite of the whole series and those happen right at the very end.
I don't get the hate for the god ending...the entire 4 sessions revolve around religion and the fight between the 12 gods of the humans vs the 1 god of the cylons. Roslyn is Moses leading her people to the chosen land. I did not think it was GREAT but I enjoyed it and it made sense because the rest of the series revolved around the same religious theme. Not to mention, this has all happened before and will happen again is some pretty blunt foreshadowing

This thread should be moved to the TV section.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A lot of the later disappointment came from not taking the show literally enough and thinking there was more to it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think this show is absolutely worth the watch. It's a great show. It has some weaknesses, but when they took it off Netflix, I was pissed. I would periodically go and watch a random episode, and the whole story arc would come back to me, and it was good feels.

But seriously, fuck Baltar.

Araxen

BSG might have been GOAT but then the final season happened. That season was just terrible.

faille

Molten Core Raider
You fuckers suck for making me think they were making a movie to follow on the series.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked caprica.. mainly because

ae336630348e50709a5d4e2023e2a5ca.jpg

GaBkKA8.png

355a19fcd4efa65684767566aa581098.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Watch Season 3 Episode 4, observe momentary brilliance in the waning seasons of the show, stop watching and assume it's just all badass and they win.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about this show this morning in light of the SJW and racism stuff going on in star wars, and I realized they replaced the 2 main black characters from the original series with non blacks. Boomer and Tighe are the only black characters I can remember, and in the reboot Boomer became an asian woman while Tighe became a white man. Were there any black people in the reboot?