Battlestar Galactica

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking about this show this morning in light of the SJW and racism stuff going on in star wars, and I realized they replaced the 2 main black characters from the original series with non blacks. Boomer and Tighe are the only black characters I can remember, and in the reboot Boomer became an asian woman while Tighe became a white man. Were there any black people in the reboot?
Please stop trying to pollute the rest of this forum...Keep the SJW shit in the GG thread.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was thinking about this show this morning in light of the SJW and racism stuff going on in star wars, and I realized they replaced the 2 main black characters from the original series with non blacks. Boomer and Tighe are the only black characters I can remember, and in the reboot Boomer became an asian woman while Tighe became a white man. Were there any black people in the reboot?
cylone 4, the black doctor. Kara was on that planet and they did some ovary farming or some shit.

the black girl uhura coms girl that liked the nerd aid to cancer pres, who died, so hooked up and married then divorced lee adama

i think that's it, minor characters, no one of importance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Remember, the reboot was made by a Mormon, and the story is not-subtly influenced by Mormonism. They don't have a great history with negrosaurus kind.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I honestly thought she was Indian(dot).
are you thinking of the presidental aide that replaced the white boy aide? the indian girl that fixed the election and is one of the final five cylons?

maybe you getting your dark skins confused.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
are you thinking of the presidental aide that replaced the white boy aide? the indian girl that fixed the election and is one of the final five cylons?

maybe you getting your dark skins confused.
Unfortunately I was talking about Dee. Does it help I thought she was beautiful on BSG? The eyes man... the eyes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Characters and actors were the worst part of this series. Without Olmos, I think this show doesn't make it past
Mother frakker. I stopped reading this thread because I read your post up until this point and thought it was saying that Adama got toasted somewhere in the middle of the show. I watched the whole thing waiting for him to die! so screw you for me misunderstanding your post and aborting reading it halfway through!!!!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I took ya'lls advice and turned off my brain and enjoyed the rest of the show. I thought the ending was more or less fitting for how silly the whole show was. The only part that really toasted me was how everyone was so willing to give up technology and separate from one another. It's like they're so used to living in a luxury world they forget how hard a pre-civ existing can be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and also rape their way into a neolithic hunter-gatherer culture? the ending was the cherry on top of the shit sundae that was the last season and a half of the show.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah well, that technology also had just chased their asses across the fracking galaxy. Besides, the way I saw it, they probably didn't give it up completely, they used it to get started and then buried it so their kids didn't use it. At least, as far as I can remember. That was quite a while ago.

Cybsled

I took ya'lls advice and turned off my brain and enjoyed the rest of the show. I thought the ending was more or less fitting for how silly the whole show was. The only part that really toasted me was how everyone was so willing to give up technology and separate from one another. It's like they're so used to living in a luxury world they forget how hard a pre-civ existing can be.
It was dumb, but in order to have the ending be semi-believable, they had to explain why we haven't found shit evidence wise of them. Homo Sapiens do kind of suddenly appear on the fossil record approx 100k years ago, so they basically explain it as "we're all hybrids, although some of us fucked some neanderthals!"

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Show should have ended with the whole Chief having to choke a bitch causing so much chaos the cylons decide fuck everyone once again and an even smaller group of humans are still being chased by cylons.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That said, the the total shit show that was the last season, those two mutiny episodes right at the very end were fucking awesome. Two of my favorites for the whole series.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every time I see this thread float to the top I look up Ron Moore on IMDB hoping he's doing something good. Still nope.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I read that an alternate ending / final episode idea was Galactica finally jumping into earth's vicinity, but it was present day earth and shortly after they got there earth launched a fuck ton of nukes and blew up galactica (basically everyone dies). Then in the final moments the president get's on TV to announce victory over the invading aliens and we're all shocked that the president is Cavil. Would have been a pretty fun ending IMO.