Battlestar Galactica

spronk

FPS noob
if you aren't watching The Expanse on SyFy, watch it now. It has the markings of a show that could be as great as early BSG. Also 12 Monkeys, Dark Matters, and Killjoys are all really good. Oh, the 100 is fantastic too and you see a lot of super hot chicks.

Cybsled

Ya, that whole episode was badass. Atmo-Jump, Pegasus coming to the rescue, the "double kill!" moment at the end ;p

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Hated a lot of the planet stuff, but that was one of my favorite moments in the series, yeah.

Rime

<Donor>
Honestly, I never finished this series. I keep going back and trying, but I always get bored when they are on the planet/under Cylon supervision.

The space battles early on were incredible and the miniseries that kicked it off was amazing.

Up there with FarScape: Peacekeeper Wars for 'wow, I need more space battles in my life'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
guy who created Mr. Robot gonna reboot BSG for NBCs new streaming service

06e790c42665f20bb534564adaa8f7a1.jpeg

Cybsled

guy who created Mr. Robot gonna reboot BSG for NBCs new streaming service

From the article

BSG fans, this will NOT be a remake of the amazing series @RonDMoore launched because ... why mess with perfection? Instead, we’ll explore a new story within the mythology while staying true to the spirit of Battlestar. So say we all!" Esmail tweeted Tuesday.

Apparently it’s going to take inspiration from Moore’s BSG vs the original, although not sure how to take the quote. New story means not the “cylons frakked our planet, time to find Earth!” maybe? Or redoing all the characters perhaps?

I’ll reserve judgement til I know more

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'll wait and see on BSG.
Probably going to nope out on saved by the bell, I want some of my childhood memories not raped by hollywood.

Siliconemelons

I enjoyed the new BSG... but once it got to cylons were humans and no way to tell...they didn't know... there really is no difference bla bla bla it just was "all so tiresome" everyone's a cylon it does not matter, who cares - no way to ever know. Stupid bull

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Watching this again because I'm extremely bored, and chewing through TV series and movies. Falls apart towards end, and has some WTF plot moments, but damn, I used to fucking love this show when it was new, and I had to wait for episodes.

Mainly posting because this used to be an epic TV show thread once upon a time, on par with GoT, or any other recent, popular shows. I wish we still had those threads, there was gold in them thar old posts.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The new thing of dumping the shows all at once so people can binge is killing threads like this. When it's dumped all at once there's no time to discuss the individual episodes. You can't even open the fucking thread till you're done and by then everyone is only talking about the end. Imagine if The Expanse released one episode at a time. That thread would rival GoT or anything we've ever had here.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The new thing of dumping the shows all at once so people can binge is killing threads like this. When it's dumped all at once there's no time to discuss the individual episodes. You can't even open the fucking thread till you're done and by then everyone is only talking about the end. Imagine if The Expanse released one episode at a time. That thread would rival GoT or anything we've ever had here.

Ill go ahead and take my show all at once over a thread full of autists spurging out for months thanks

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

"The new thing", how big is your cave?

I wait for seasons to be over with so I can binge them if they are released weekly.