Battletech

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah this game needs a massive rebalancing patch. This game also needs the LB Autocannons, would give smaller mechs a use if you could mount a fuckin' mech sized shotgun on them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this game needs a massive rebalancing patch. This game also needs the LB Autocannons, would give smaller mechs a use if you could mount a fuckin' mech sized shotgun on them.

I remember in mechwarrior 2 pvp I did very well in small boys just setting that auto run and going in circles around the big guys while constantly lasering 1 leg till it blew and they fell over.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I won a few tournaments in the day using a light mech that just had an ER PPC on it, range 23 I think. I just stayed at that range with max movement and wore down the meds/heavies I got put against. People did get frustrated at me for mathing out every single place they could move each turn but hey, I won.

I want to see them edit the amount of missiles that hit in the rack, it was night/day back in the tabletop version.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I won a few tournaments in the day using a light mech that just had an ER PPC on it, range 23 I think. I just stayed at that range with max movement and wore down the meds/heavies I got put against. People did get frustrated at me for mathing out every single place they could move each turn but hey, I won.

I want to see them edit the amount of missiles that hit in the rack, it was night/day back in the tabletop version.

maybe that's what I used

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I take a 3 skull contract with travel. Get there after 15 days, it's now a 3.5 skull mission and Darius is warning I don''t have enough firepower.

Try it anyway. Twice it loads me with a different non-jumpjet mech on a rock... Ok never mind, reload.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I take a 3 skull contract with travel. Get there after 15 days, it's now a 3.5 skull mission and Darius is warning I don''t have enough firepower.

Try it anyway. Twice it loads me with a different non-jumpjet mech on a rock... Ok never mind, reload.

It actually loaded my entire lance on an impassable cliff once, I was able to complete the mission with my three highlanders while the king crab cheered them on (didnt realize at the time that KCs can mount jump jets)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Last night I got the Catapult K2 from a mission. This thing seems kind of crappy. Anyone found a good load out for it? I was thinking of trying 2x AC/5 and 4x ML. But I just don't see it replacing any of my current lance:

• SRM Centurion
  • LRM Kintaro
  • 3x AC/5 Jagermech
  • AC/20 Huncback or 8x ML Disco Hunchback

Anyone find a good fit for the CPLT-K2?

Actually, yeh.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....858/F4CDDECBD4EB2AFA176FBC374D3F16BE287C2582/

Get this thing up close and it just murders.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider

Yup, I did the same kinda thing with Locusts with 3 medium lasers and the tactics skill-I'd just bomb around at speed 12 and use trees and ridgelines to make their target numbers 12 or higher and pew pew them down on 9's or 10's.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No offence, but I don't see too much murder potential, it is probably one of the better builds you can do for it though. Though still kinda weak as far as specializing in anything other than looking funny.

I do almost wish I could go back to mostly medium mech maps with my own light/medium/heavy. Feels like I jumped too quick. Lost out on really getting a chance to use many of the 50-65 ton stuff. Even if I go low star planets, I imagine I'd still get kinda overwhelmed by the opposition using a "lesser" lance.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw, go to a 2 or 2.5 skull planet and you'll be fighting opposing medium lances pretty regularly. It's really only at 3 skulls that they start spamming heavies at you.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yup, I did the same kinda thing with Locusts with 3 medium lasers and the tactics skill-I'd just bomb around at speed 12 and use trees and ridgelines to make their target numbers 12 or higher and pew pew them down on 9's or 10's.
Sensor locks break evasion builds during the campaign unfortunately. You'll always end up facing a second lance or more reinforcements and you only need two sensor locks to negate most he evasion from max then it's gg for any light mech.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So found a bug. Had a davion mission i didnt have the rep for. So it was locked mission, one on planet and the campaign mission. Noticed on galaxy map that I could see the planet I didnt have the rep for the mission for. decided to travel there hoping for another mission to get me the last bit of rep. Instead as I opted to travel to the planet, it recognized it had a mission there, and allowed me to accept the contract despite not having the rep etc. I traveled and was able to launch the mission without it crashing or anything on me. My first fully 5 skull mission, hope my grasshopper/orion are up to it with the highlander/battlemaster. (Currently only 1 sniper so a little brawl heavy.)

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So found a bug. Had a davion mission i didnt have the rep for. So it was locked mission, one on planet and the campaign mission. Noticed on galaxy map that I could see the planet I didnt have the rep for the mission for. decided to travel there hoping for another mission to get me the last bit of rep. Instead as I opted to travel to the planet, it recognized it had a mission there, and allowed me to accept the contract despite not having the rep etc. I traveled and was able to launch the mission without it crashing or anything on me. My first fully 5 skull mission, hope my grasshopper/orion are up to it with the highlander/battlemaster. (Currently only 1 sniper so a little brawl heavy.)

Not a bug actually. Not having the rep means they won't pay for your transit and that is about it. So you have to just go there on your own coin and accept in person so to speak.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the developer AMA claimed it was a "feature", but it sure would be fucking nice if they explained that shit anywhere. I spent so much time traveling around farming shitty 2-3 skull Taurian missions trying to raise my rep to take the 5 skulls before I realized I could just take the contracts with manual travel.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
They kind'a do explain it though, but in a roundabout way. They tell you that you can travel to other star systems if you go and talk to navigation lady. (Sorry, I forget what her name is.... Sumire, I think?)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I've traveled to several Taurian worlds like Brinton and I can't accept quests on world. My rep is fucked for some reason.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Most Federated Suns and Draconis missions involve blowing up Taurian shit, so its possible your rep is hugely negative if you've been grinding a lot of those yea.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I just took whatever missions were available during the campaign. My rep is ~5 neutral if I'm interpreting the faction screen correctly. But all the missions I can see (4+ skulls) are red.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea you can't do 4+ skull missions until you hit liked with that faction. Go to some 2-3 skull planets and grind out a couple max rep missions should fix it.