Battletech

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I had max Federated Suns and could not accept the 5 star missions, hovering over the red part it said "faction rep or mercenary board rep not high enough". Was in system and on planet, apparently I can just do the mission anyway, is that what folks are saying? Can't check now but would be nice.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All this time and I'm only almost 3 star with the board. I think the board is the bigger block to those missions.

What I was saying is, try being on a random planet that can see a locked mission. Go to navigation and figure out what planet it is. Attempt to travel to it and it should allow you to accept the mission. Assuming the bug is easily repeatable.

Goishen unfortunately i think itsa crazy/mistaken.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
overloading mechs with heat generating goodies and jumpjets and doing artic missions is awesome

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

First major mission past the losttech story mission, got a stalker, a second type of highlander, and finally finished the shittier thunderbolt. Even the less ideal loadout thunderbolt makes me very sad I didnt finish some much earlier. Looks like it would have been a superior LRM boat before my Orion and also could build out as a good brawler.

Stalker I'm suprised in some ways is less ideal than my highlander as a lrm boat. One more missile slot but after stripping and maxing armor. (then removing a smidge off the back and legs) it seems to have less tonnage leftover.
I still need good +++ ppc/large laser to stubbornly make a laser boat even if they suck. With 4 missile slots, stalker seems like it might actually make a sick srm6 boat with maybe one ppc, or a couple medium lasers for the hell of it while maxing everything else and maybe stuffing it with those heavy +melee stability damage and -DFA dmg mods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Thankfully shitty mech salvage, but got a really rough 3 pick salvage choice, all sorts of stuff I dont know how much I like. +50meter spot, +2missile acc, a bunch of top tier +60 melee dmg and +50 melee stability dmg mods, a +4 dmg srm6, some +3acc/50% crit medium lasers. (normally meh but I do one have medium laser boat)

And about 56 heatsinks, so not hopeful on my random assignments going well.

Shmoopy

I'm about 30 hours in and was just farming 2 stars with medium mech lance:

2*Griffin: SRMs/Laser
2*Centurion: LRMs only

Then got my first 2 heavies - Cataphract and Black Knight. I salvaged the entire Cataphract in one mission because I head hit once and knocked him down twice so the pilot got incapacitated? Was little damage to the mech ...

Sludig

Seen a blackknight once outside of the story mission you control one, never seen a cataphract. I hate some of you guys, seems so wierd the randomness of what you might see or not.

Yes Shmoo, a big part of the game is attempting to kill pilot without hurting mech too bad. Easier on big mechs than little ones. Knockdowns, ammo explosions, head hits, side torso destruction.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's very random what you get. I never encountered a Kintaro during the campaign, only got a couple of pieces afterwards. Haven't seen a K-2 Catapult outside of the boss fight. Lots and lots of Wolverines and Thunderbolts.

Just nearly lost a pilot to a PPC to the face though, 3 hp or somehting left on the head. Ran that mech away from the battle immediately.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just ran in to my first King Crab. Ouch. Got all 3 pieces, but cost me some nice missile launchers. Worth it though.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
During some of my refits I've wound up at -0.02 or some such below max weight- is there some way to add armor in single points to use that up or do I have to deal with fucking underweight messages for the rest of time?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
During some of my refits I've wound up at -0.02 or some such below max weight- is there some way to add armor in single points to use that up or do I have to deal with fucking underweight messages for the rest of time?

.02 is a bug and should be fixed if you pull something off and put it back on, although you might lose half a ton in the process.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
.02 is a bug and should be fixed if you pull something off and put it back on, although you might lose half a ton in the process.
I'll give it a try when my Grasshopper comes out of refit.
Had a mission called Hard Contact. Went in with my Grasshopper, my Thunderbolt 5S (with the machineguns), my Centurion missile boat and my scout in a Shadowhawk. Ran into an Orion, Demolisher, Shrek PPC and an LRM carrier as the first lance. Depiloted the Orion tres easy, but ate 4 rounds each from the tanks, while the reinforcement lance was crawling up my ass- A Cataphract, Grasshopper, Thunderbolt and Quickdraw. Pilot-killed the cataphract too. Despite the bad start from being really damn sloppy near that Demolisher only thing I lost was the gyro on the Grasshopper. And I was on a 1/6 salvage mission for raw cash, when I could have been 4/18! *Sob*

Got lucky and scored 2 parts of the Orion to complete my first one and a part from the Cataphract, but damn it coulda been so much better! But I get to upgrade my Centurion missile boat at last. :)

Sludig

Maybe now you see why always max salvage. Unless you keep a ton of pilots and mechs active or something you shouldn't have cash issues. Even just salvaging a random medium/ heavy every other mission to sell for 500k plus usually 50k every mission+ in random junk.

I keep like 4 extras for spare endgame even use stored, sell the rest. This aint pokemon.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The post-game is pretty disappointing with no way to actually acquire any further lostech. It's just grinding the same 5 skull missions over and over to store your 8th Atlas or whatever, and none of it really even matters as without access to more double heatsinks or pulse lasers etc most assaults play pretty similarly.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
If they stick with their shadowrun model it will probably be new full campaigns as opposed to standard dlc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why does Mechwarrior Online have to be such a sack of shit? Whens that new Mercenaries game coming out anyway =\

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
4-player co-op and a December 2018 release date confirmed for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user