Battletech

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ghost Bear for life you inner sphere barbarian.

Ackshually I've always identified with Clan Wolf. I had an absolutely brutal MW deck whose big play was using Ulric to double your resources to crank out Natasha's widowmaker in a single turn. Also the War of Refusal was the single most badass moment in Battletech history.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have like the first 30 novels on my shelf still, purchased new at the time, and still periodically re-read the Warrior Trilogy by Michael Stackpole, that's how much I love Battletech. I had the original Crescent Hawk's Revenge the day it came out at the local computer store, and for the time I was just fucking blown away by how awesome that game was. In college (1987) we tried getting a group together to play the tabletop version, but eventually only 3 of us were consistent and doing 3-way battles always resulted in everyone trying to stay out from between the other two until someone slipped up and then inevitably got butthurt because they got gang-banged. And, chicks didn't really understand why we had these heavy ass lead figures of "little robots" when everyone else had beer can pyramids in their dorms. I backed this immediately but have been purposely staying away because I was afraid of being over-hyped and let down. But now...man, I don't know, this looks fucking incredible, like practically everything I have ever wanted in a Battletech game. If it is even half as good as it looks, it will have been well worth the money.

Also, even though objectively I know Natasha Kerensky is old, I prefer to imagine that she still looks like she's in her 20s. When I fap to her, I mean.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have like the first 30 novels on my shelf still, purchased new at the time, and still periodically re-read the Warrior Trilogy by Michael Stackpole, that's how much I love Battletech. I had the original Crescent Hawk's Revenge the day it came out at the local computer store, and for the time I was just fucking blown away by how awesome that game was. In college (1987) we tried getting a group together to play the tabletop version, but eventually only 3 of us were consistent and doing 3-way battles always resulted in everyone trying to stay out from between the other two until someone slipped up and then inevitably got butthurt because they got gang-banged. And, chicks didn't really understand why we had these heavy ass lead figures of "little robots" when everyone else had beer can pyramids in their dorms. I backed this immediately but have been purposely staying away because I was afraid of being over-hyped and let down. But now...man, I don't know, this looks fucking incredible, like practically everything I have ever wanted in a Battletech game. If it is even half as good as it looks, it will have been well worth the money.

Also, even though objectively I know Natasha Kerensky is old, I prefer to imagine that she still looks like she's in her 20s. When I fap to her, I mean.

If you are looking for something to deflate your hype, the number of Mechs in the game is quite low, and the campaign isn't very long.

What's really hype is how they will expand this game in the future like they did with Shadowrun returns. Harebrained always makes a lot of quality DLC and pumps it out pretty fast. Succession war DLC, 3050 DLC, Clan DLC, or full expansions ... with Battletech the options are endless, as well as constantly pumping new Mechs in the game, new technology, new stories.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Ackshually I've always identified with Clan Wolf. I had an absolutely brutal MW deck whose big play was using Ulric to double your resources to crank out Natasha's widowmaker in a single turn. Also the War of Refusal was the single most badass moment in Battletech history.

I agree with that totally. I think the only thing that comes close is the inner sphere fighting on Strana Mechty (SP?) to enforce the peace treaty.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I agree with that totally. I think the only thing that comes close is the inner sphere fighting on Strana Mechty (SP?) to enforce the peace treaty.

I'm a fan of the Battle of Tukayyid myself. Teach those clanner scum the error of their hubris.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'm a fan of the Battle of Tukayyid myself. Teach those clanner scum the error of their hubris.

Tukayyid was amazing as well. Brought really good closure to the Aidan Pryda Saga in the books. That Jade falcon trilogy was my introduction to the universe when I was a wee lad. Then I pretty much devoured any novel content I could ranging from Comacho's Caballeros' to the Grey Death Legion and the Victor Davion meta plot books.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know what time this unlocks tomorrow? Pre-loading as we speak and Im working from home tomorrow so I want to plan my day accordingly.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Tukayyid was amazing as well. Brought really good closure to the Aidan Pryda Saga in the books. That Jade falcon trilogy was my introduction to the universe when I was a wee lad. Then I pretty much devoured any novel content I could ranging from Comacho's Caballeros' to the Grey Death Legion and the Victor Davion meta plot books.

Brings a tear to my eye everytime I watch it

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
In a very long tabletop campaign I had an Archer pilot, but I think that mech is one of the unseen. I love missle boats and can't wait to have a fire support mech like that.

List of stuff in game at release according to interwebs:

LIGHT
  • Locust
  • Commando
  • Spider
  • Firestarter
  • Jenner
  • Panther
  • Urbanmech
MEDIUM
  • Cicada
  • Blackjack
  • Vindicator
  • Centurion
  • Enforcer
  • Hunchback
  • Trebuchet
  • Griffin
  • Kintaro
  • Shadowhawk
  • Wolverine
HEAVY
  • Dragon
  • Quickdraw
  • Catapult
  • JagerMech
  • Thunderbolt
  • Grasshopper
  • Orion
  • Cataphract
  • Black Knight
ASSAULT
  • Awesome
  • Victor
  • Zeus
  • BattleMaster
  • Stalker
  • Highlander
  • Banshee
  • King Crab
  • Atlas

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Even though they are entirely impractical in most situations, Marauders (and Mad Cats when Clans become a thing) are by far my favorite mechs. They better be included from the start!

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Even though they are entirely impractical in most situations, Marauders (and Mad Cats when Clans become a thing) are by far my favorite mechs. They better be included from the start!

Marauder was my jam back in Mechwarrior 1. The heat from those double PPCs was rough though!

marauder.jpg