Batwoman

Goatface

1623955247546.png

only 2 left. total did rebound after the break but new low in the demo

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 358689
only 2 left. total did rebound after the break but new low in the demo
yeah, seen that. you know that show trends every week on twitter and they still can barely muster 400k viewers. i dont know how they can still be on the air with a 0.09 demo. for comparison, the Chevy Chase show was considered a giant flop and was taken off the air after maybe a month. it still had a consistent 2 million viewers every night.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, seen that. you know that show trends every week on twitter and they still can barely muster 400k viewers. i dont know how they can still be on the air with a 0.09 demo. for comparison, the Chevy Chase show was considered a giant flop and was taken off the air after maybe a month. it still had a consistent 2 million viewers every night.
I had to google this, thinking I had missed a new Chevy Chase show. Which lead me to the wiki for his talk show I presume you were talking about, which actually discusses that point. They sold the show to advertisers that he would get 6 million viewers, and he was getting 2.

Most CW shows don't break a million, most settle around 500k. The only show doing better than it on the network that was cancelled is Swamp Thing, and that show's reasons were discussed here, and a number of shows below it have also been renewed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had to google this, thinking I had missed a new Chevy Chase show. Which lead me to the wiki for his talk show I presume you were talking about, which actually discusses that point. They sold the show to advertisers that he would get 6 million viewers, and he was getting 2.

Most CW shows don't break a million, most settle around 500k. The only show doing better than it on the network that was cancelled is Swamp Thing, and that show's reasons were discussed here, and a number of shows below it have also been renewed.
i dont think even Supergirl was down to 500k. the other shows i think usually average from 1.5 to 750k viewers. if they cancelled swamp thing, then this should be right next to it. their advertising department must be a complete joke. there is no way this show turns a profit.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
i dont think even Supergirl was down to 500k. the other shows i think usually average from 1.5 to 750k viewers. if they cancelled swamp thing, then this should be right next to it. their advertising department must be a complete joke. there is no way this show turns a profit.
These are the numbers I saw, supergirl was at .597.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
These are the numbers I saw, supergirl was at .597.

child 44 GIF

Only two shows improved YoY and one of those they've cancelled. heh

As Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus has commented, it looks like they're spending all their energy designing shows for a demographic that just doesn't watch TV.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Clicking through the other channels on that site, it looks like TV in general is down like 20%-ish in general across the board.

I know when it comes to my personal TV habits, since Covid delayed most shows, i never really went back to a lot of stuff, especially scripted TV. Some stuff I will binge on their website when I think about them once a month or so, but the only weekly shows I've watched since covid were things like The Boys, Mando/Bad Batch, and the Marvel stuff.

I actually like a weekly format vs a binge style sometimes to give each episode a chance to be talked about and thought about, but tuning in on a schedule as opposed to whenever I want really has fallen away more and more and was definitely exasperated by Covid scheduling of TV production.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have we reached the point yet where more people are watching his hateclick reviews than the actual show?
his finale review had close to 60k views, over 10% of the actual show's ratings which hover between 400-500k viewers, but thats still pretty hilarious.

Goatface

so is killer croc just a guy in a shitty mask, or is does he just look like shit
1634247255443.png

fast ratings, 0.08 18-49 demo 469k viewers,

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ruby’s accusations began with calling out Peter Roth, who is the former CEO of Warner Bros. Television. She alleged that Peter used to make young women steam his pants “around [his] crotch”, and claimed that he “put a private investigator on [her].” The actress went on to share videos of X-rays from injuries she had that were allegedly ignored by execs on-set. “This was diagnosed years ago on set, but if I got an x-rad “we wouldn’t make our day,”” she claimed. “I have documented this for years. On top of that, I have enough documentation to make a one-hour documentary…pray tell, what else would you like me to share? The broken neck, or the broken rib split in two and the tumor?”

Ruby also claimed that she was forced to film scenes for Batwoman just ten days after undergoing spinal surgery due to injuries that she obtained on-set in 2019. “Imagine going back to work 10 days after this or the whole cast would be fired and I’d let everyone down because Peter Roth said he wouldn’t re-cast and [I’d] lose the studio millions (by getting injured on his set),” she wrote.

The 35-year-old wasn’t the only one who suffered because of the work conditions on Batwoman, according to Ruby. “A crew member got third degree burns over his body and we were given no therapy after witnessing his skin fall off his face, but I was the only one who sent him flowers and cards and then we were told we had to do a sex scene without a minute to process,” she alleged. “We lost two stunt doubles. I got cut in the face so close to my eye in a stunt that I could have been blind. A woman was left quadriplegic and they tried to blame it on her being on her phone.”

Next, she specifically called out showrunner Caroline Dries for allegedly trying to force the cast and crew to continue filming amidst the coronavirus pandemic. As her allegations continued, she added, “Caroline Dries maybe visited the set 4 times a year — UNHEARD OF. But in those 4-5 visits she decided she could tell me she knew my injury happened on set so I should comply with the PI, yet later denied it entirely and said it happened during yoga lol I don’t even do yoga. And now someone will never walk again. We shut down the next day – not because she almost killed someone, but the government pulled it.”

Ruby’s co-star, Dougray Scott, was also mentioned in her post. “Dougray hurt a female stunt double,” she alleged. “He yelled like a little b**** and was a nightmare. He left when he wanted and arrived when he wanted. He abused women and, in turn, as a lead of a show, I sent an e-mail out asking for a no yelling policy. They declined.” Read her full statement in the tweets above.

In summer 2020, Ruby told some of the story about her decision to leave Batwoman, and explained how not being able to heal from surgery was part of what led to her decision. However, she did not go into detail about the alleged conditions on-set. At the time, she still praised the higher-ups who she had worked with on the show. “You have time in quarantine and isolation to just think about a lot of different things and what you want to achieve in life and what you want to do,” she said. “I think for both [me and the producers], it was a great opportunity to have a dialogue about a lot of things. I respect them so much and they’ve been so respectful to me.”