BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Bro, 100% srs, why not just forget about the misc? I've never heard of a 2 week server update. Their canned responses to any query should clue you in something is going on, and it mightn't be coming back.

Either just move on entirely or post here, I say. There's no coloured internet squares to worry about here, and no rep/neg orgies to make us cringe either. Misc isn't the be all and end all of life.

It's definitely not coming back. I was just playing along with miscer bs. Anyone actually still holding out hope for the misc to return is legititimately delusional at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
It's definitely not coming back. I was just playing along with miscer bs. Anyone actually still holding out hope for the misc to return is legititimately delusional at this point.
Yeah, I definitely lean towards "not coming back" now, but I could be wrong.

But why not look at it positively? The place had become unbelievably toxic. The hive mentality there was beyond ridiculous and every poster was a carbon copy of the other with their extremist views. Don't have to worry about losing your reps, gaining reps, e-fights, e-cred, e-friends etc. No need to worry about incessant insulting because you simply promoted a scientifically literate view.

Is it not ultimately a liberation, freeing you up for more productive pursuits?

• 3Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Big goobaaa

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I definitely lean towards "not coming back" now, but I could be wrong.

But why not look at it positively? The place had become unbelievably toxic. The hive mentality there was beyond ridiculous and every poster was a carbon copy of the other with their extremist views. Don't have to worry about losing your reps, gaining reps, e-fights, e-cred, e-friends etc. No need to worry about incessant insulting because you simply promoted a scientifically literate view.

Is it not ultimately a liberation, freeing you up for more productive pursuits?
You don’t even lift

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users
But they said they are working on it. If they were really going to shut down why lie?

Because it's easier to give people bs canned answers like "we're working on it!" than it is to be direct and tell them they aren't getting their way. It's a passive and pansy ass way to do it, but that's what is happening. I've been saying that for over a week now.

Like I've said, changing servers doesn't take 2 weeks. Should have been a few business days' long process at most. 2+ weeks means it's not happening. 2 weeks is an eternity online when it comes to that sort of thing.

• 1Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
But they said they are working on it. If they were really going to shut down why lie?
I dunno, I have no idea at all about how long it takes to change servers, update software or whatever. Whether the misc comes back or not I don't know, and I don't really care that much. It had become a trashy, hate-filled, incel-filled toxic shithole full of utter putrid fuck.

But notice how they're giving canned answers to inquiries, almost as if it's automated and no statement or even a personalized answer that offers to clarify anything is offered. Like I say, just DGAF about it and move on. Look at the positives, the toxicity is behind you and gone for good.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

explosiveMidget

Log Wizard
After being welcomed here with open arms I'll never look at refugees the same again.

Even though some cheeky mod put "tranny chaser" under my name.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
new stellar reviews
786cebafd93f73a35cd7c9bc2fec161f.png

• 1Like

Pickles_McFloofing

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because it's easier to give people bs canned answers like "we're working on it!" than it is to be direct and tell them they aren't getting their way. It's a passive and pansy ass way to do it, but that's what is happening. I've been saying that for over a week now.

Like I've said, changing servers doesn't take 2 weeks. Should have been a few business days' long process at most. 2+ weeks means it's not happening. 2 weeks is an eternity online when it comes to that sort of thing.
Yes the amount of time seems suspicious but in my experience few people have had a hard time telling me to go fuck myself. Why would people suddenly get reticent now?
I dunno, I have no idea at all about how long it takes to change servers, update software or whatever. Whether the misc comes back or not I don't know, and I don't really care that much. It had become a trashy, hate-filled, incel-filled toxic shithole full of utter putrid fuck.

But notice how they're giving canned answers to inquiries, almost as if it's automated and no statement or even a personalized answer that offers to clarify anything is offered. Like I say, just DGAF about it and move on. Look at the positives, the toxicity is behind you and gone for good.
Ngl, I decided to quit the misc this past December. The extremely negative energy seemed bad for me. I was away for three months and then decided to lurk because I was lonely and I know that at least some miscers were good people. My plan was foiled because they shut down. Perhaps you are right about trying to see the bright side. At this point it’s not like we can do anything else! It just seems odd to go from a bodybuilding site to nerdville. Nerds are toxic af. I avoid them like the plague because they are mean. Ded fucking srs. I’m quite sad because two days ago (leg day) I finally heard my gym crush speak. Sadly he sounded very smart and I had to terminate our relationship in spite of his big muscles. I have not informed him of this (or of the fact we’ve been dating.) I’m single yet again.

Pickles_McFloofing

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just like democrats pay mexicans to clean their toilets, we pay amod to flush the bad posters.
On bb.com we could just put an unwelcome poster on ignore. That way you can create your echo chamber and not get to isolate others. I don’t like the discord because it seems users can request a mute, and that gets old real quick. Especially if I haven’t even said anything. It’s like a mini ban that only lasts two minutes but it’s an uncomfortable reminder that I’m hated. If I get muted one more time I’m not going back.