Beetlejuice 2

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

i dunno

i think i'd rather just rewatch the first one, this looks weirdly cheap

Wtf. One of Winona Ryder's lines on the trailer is that a trickster demon ruined her family blah blah blah and tried to get her to marry him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Beetlejuice was a ghost. I mean he's the Ghost with the most. Why on Earth would...fuck it... I think it just broke my brain a little today.

Just let things lie in peace. Not a huge Beetlejuice fan. It was a fun movie when I saw it as a kid, maybe I watched it once in the past 20 years and it was entertaining, but if I can remember a detail like that, but then you just throw it out the window, what the hell.

Tim Burton's earlier movies were great, but he went off the rails a long time ago, and he should retire like Ridley Scott, that old bastard hasn't put out a decent movie in eons.

Edit: also why on Earth would you go see that and pay for it in IMAX?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wtf. One of Winona Ryder's lines on the trailer is that a trickster demon ruined her family blah blah blah and tried to get her to marry him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Beetlejuice was a ghost. I mean he's the Ghost with the most. Why on Earth would...fuck it... I think it just broke my brain a little today.

Just let things lie in peace. Not a huge Beetlejuice fan. It was a fun movie when I saw it as a kid, maybe I watched it once in the past 20 years and it was entertaining, but if I can remember a detail like that, but then you just throw it out the window, what the hell.

Tim Burton's earlier movies were great, but he went off the rails a long time ago, and he should retire like Ridley Scott, that old bastard hasn't put out a decent movie in eons.
The martian

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The martian
Yeah it wasn't a horrible movie and I guess I forgot he made that. The book was really good, but for whatever reason I guess when I watched it, Matt Damon's portrayal of the protagonist just kind of made me feel it was super edgy cool science man. The book wasn't like that at all but it was just more humorous.

Still an entertaining film, but that's a diamond in the rough compared to the millions upon millions of dollars he spent on these China historic ethics or alien prequels that of all been pretty bad despite looking amazing. He's very good at polishing a turd, I'm like a lot of directors, so I'll give him that.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it wasn't a horrible movie and I guess I forgot he made that. The book was really good, but for whatever reason I guess when I watched it, Matt Damon's portrayal of the protagonist just kind of made me feel it was super edgy cool science man. The book wasn't like that at all but it was just more humorous.

Still an entertaining film, but that's a diamond in the rough compared to the millions upon millions of dollars he spent on these China historic ethics or alien prequels that of all been pretty bad despite looking amazing. He's very good at polishing a turd, I'm like a lot of directors, so I'll give him that.
The last duel, American gangster and kingdom of heaven

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The last duel, American gangster and kingdom of heaven
The director's cut of Kingdom of heaven is actually a really good movie. I guess I'm thinking within the past decade not necessarily the past two decades. I remember seeing Kingdom of heaven back in the movie theater in college, so I don't necessarily count films of that era. I don't think I saw the directors cut though until maybe 5 to maybe 10 years later, and man does it really make the film 10 times better.

Hell I remember going and seeing gladiator with a couple of buddies and it's a good movie. It's just his recent stuff since he's gotten older that's just not great. I tried watching the Robin Hood movie and I just kept falling asleep. Cuz I look good absolutely, it's just boring. Does Prometheus look utterly amazing and believable, you betcha, but it's a retarded movie.

I think you understand what I'm saying or at least I hope so. But the man's A gifted director, he's just past his prime. Now what I love for him to put out another movie as amazing as something like Alien, hell yeah.

I just don't think he's capable of doing that anymore. He gets massive budgets and the cream of the crop at his disposal, but do you get what you're currently you get.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Edit: also why on Earth would you go see that and pay for it in IMAX?
Beetlejuice isnt a ghost, he is a "spirit". a spirit is sort of a ghost, but it does wtf it wants and can cause harm. basically what possesses Regan in the Exorcist. an evil spirit.

• 1Seriously?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Beetlejuice isnt a ghost, he is a "spirit". a spirit is sort of a ghost, but it does wtf it wants and can cause harm. basically what possesses Regan in the Exorcist. an evil spirit.

I would pants on fire you but apparently it's not available in this sub forum. I want to get into a goddamn vernacular debate about spirits versus ghosts. He says it himself in the movie he's a ghost, specifically the one with the most.

Just agree, and cry pardon, because you have forgotten the face of your father.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I would pants on fire you but apparently it's not available in this sub forum. I want to get into a goddamn vernacular debate about spirits versus ghosts. He says it himself in the movie he's a ghost, specifically the one with the most.

Just agree, and cry pardon, because you have forgotten the face of your father.

because a spirit is a sort of ghost. its a ghost in the sense as it comes from beyond the grave. but a spirit is a sentient force, while a ghost is a sort of mindless entity caught in a time loop where it must perform the same tasks over and over until its mojo fades away and it moves on. i dont want to bring up fictional novels/movies/TV for proof, cuz fiction can be anything you want it to be.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The actual definition of Demon includes evil spirit. But it’s nitpicking

The CGI does look off. It’s like they wanted to do the claymation stop motion appearance for some of the stuff, but settled for 3D Roger Rabbit cartoon instead

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
because a spirit is a sort of ghost. its a ghost in the sense as it comes from beyond the grave. but a spirit is a sentient force, while a ghost is a sort of mindless entity caught in a time loop where it must perform the same tasks over and over until its mojo fades away and it moves on. i dont want to bring up fictional novels/movies/TV for proof, cuz fiction can be anything you want it to be.
I see what you're trying to say but in the context of the movie....

no-beetlejuice (1).gif

I think you're just trying to bust my balls, don't bother. You will never convince me. But we can both at least look back on what is a good / fun movie and probably not be extremely hopeful for a reboot for franchise that doesn't need to be back in the limelight again.

I don't think anybody has been losing sleep at night saying oh my God I really wish they would make a Beetlejuice sequel! You know what the world needs in the realm of Cinema, another Beetlejuice movie!

I will probably never watch it, you could be completely right but I think it's going to be a piece of shit, but I don't really care, I just still find it hilariously pathetic that Hollywood is still creatively bankrupt quote the RLM guys.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I see what you're trying to say but in the context of the movie....

View attachment 529963

I think you're just trying to bust my balls, don't bother. You will never convince me. But we can both at least look back on what is a good / fun movie and probably not be extremely hopeful for a reboot for franchise that doesn't need to be back in the limelight again.

I don't think anybody has been losing sleep at night saying oh my God I really wish they would make a Beetlejuice sequel! You know what the world needs in the realm of Cinema, another Beetlejuice movie!

I will probably never watch it, you could be completely right but I think it's going to be a piece of shit, but I don't really care, I just still find it hilariously pathetic that Hollywood is still creatively bankrupt quote the RLM guys.
I mean, yes I am busting balls most of the time, but ghosts are a serious subject for me. I have written stories about them with the differences in ghosts being explained. I have also had personal experiences on the subject, so it's basically the only supernatural thing I still believe in. This movie is likely a pos, but I'm a Michael Keaton and Wynona fan. They even got Monica Bellucci and Jen Ortega in there as well. If it's a train wreck at least it will be a cool train wreck. It's easily worth looking forward to.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I mean, yes I am busting balls most of the time, but ghosts are a serious subject for me. I have written stories about them with the differences in ghosts being explained. I have also had personal experiences on the subject, so it's basically the only supernatural thing I still believe in. This movie is likely a pos, but I'm a Michael Keaton and Wynona fan. They even got Monica Bellucci and Jen Ortega in there as well. If it's a train wreck at least it will be a cool train wreck. It's easily worth looking forward to.
Show me on the doll where the ghost touched you...

giphy (8).gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I always assumed that Beetlejuice, like the other people in the afterlife bureaucracy, was a suicide. He's got a bunch of powers but we see hints from other characters that magic exists for the dead. Juno teleports, Barbara is able to escape the model with "home home home," Otho invokes an exorcism with the help of the guidebook, etc. I associated Beetlejuice's extra powers with time and practice instead of being a demon. If he's just a demon that's lame as fuck.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I always assumed that Beetlejuice, like the other people in the afterlife bureaucracy, was a suicide. He's got a bunch of powers but we see hints from other characters that magic exists for the dead. Juno teleports, Barbara is able to escape the model with "home home home," Otho invokes an exorcism with the help of the guidebook, etc. I associated Beetlejuice's extra powers with time and practice instead of being a demon. If he's just a demon that's lame as fuck.
He's the Ghost with the most.

I think part of the problem is stupid fandom and all this BS reads too much into it. Yeah whatever I'll do the same thing, but the original writers and movie Makers did in town for people to scrutinize it as much as I guess we currently are, but that's what you get if we're going to go ahead and rework or attempt to reboot revitalize whatever an old IP, people are going to bitch about it.

Like I said, probably never watch it unless I hear some really amazing reviews from folks on the forum, but I don't think that's going to end up being the case.

Would I like it to be a good movie yeah, of course, why wouldn't I want to watch something fun, I just don't think that's in the cards, but I would be more than happy to be pleasantly surprised.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It states in the original film that the desk jockeys and case workers were suicides. Juno described beetlejuice as doesn't work well with others. That could mean he isn't just a regular ghost, but a ghost with its own agenda and that being evil. Spirits have often been referred to as demons. Calling beetlejuice a demon is not wrong

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know how stupid that sounds and those bullshit TV shows like Ghost Adventures makes it look worse because that show is fake and staged. I have been able to dismiss almost all the stuff I thought was real as a kid, cept for ghosts. Or rather I think people who claim to see ghosts perhaps aren't all making it up, but a more rational explanation for what some are seeing or experiencing hasn't been provided yet.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It states in the original film that the desk jockeys and case workers were suicides. Juno described beetlejuice as doesn't work well with others. That could mean he isn't just a regular ghost, but a ghost with its own agenda and that being evil. Spirits have often been referred to as demons. Calling beetlejuice a demon is not wrong

It also featured deleted scenes such as the real estate agent, Jane, trying to convince the Deetzes to allow her to sell the house for them (having sold it to them in the first place—Charles and Delia decline) and a revelation of how Betelgeuse had died centuries earlier (he attempted to hang himself while drunk—having been rejected by a woman—only to mess it up and die slowly by choking to death rather than quickly by snapping his neck) and wound up working for Juno before striking out on his own as a "freelance bio-exorcist".
but then also in the first draft

The character of Betelgeuse—envisioned in the first draft as a winged demon who takes on the form of a short Middle Eastern man—is also intent on killing the Deetzes rather than scaring them and wants sex from Lydia instead of marriage.

So it's not exactly clear. If it's not in the movie it doesn't count.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users