Beetlejuice 2

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know how stupid that sounds and those bullshit TV shows like Ghost Adventures makes it look worse because that show is fake and staged. I have been able to dismiss almost all the stuff I thought was real as a kid, cept for ghosts. Or rather I think people who claim to see ghosts perhaps aren't all making it up, but a more rational explanation for what some are seeing or experiencing hasn't been provided yet.
Ghosts are real, especially when they're dads.

2070b2cb94de2afc735f5c8e3739c5ba_w200.gif

In all seriousness I do believe in the supernatural and that there is something outside of just the normal receivable world. I remember talking with one of my uncles at one point when my grandpa was taken and fishing when he was a kid. It was in the fall or something but he fell over the ow of the boat, and it was pretty cold water, but he to this day swears that he hit the water but was immediately pulled out, despite the fact my grandfather was sitting at the stern.

He still swears something just plucked him right back out of the water. Whether that's the case, doesn't really matter but it was something that is stuck with him since he was a kid.

I still think though you better be on guard otherwise because might try to diddle you...😉

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
He's the Ghost with the most.

I think part of the problem is stupid fandom and all this BS reads too much into it. Yeah whatever I'll do the same thing, but the original writers and movie Makers did in town for people to scrutinize it as much as I guess we currently are, but that's what you get if we're going to go ahead and rework or attempt to reboot revitalize whatever an old IP, people are going to bitch about it.

Like I said, probably never watch it unless I hear some really amazing reviews from folks on the forum, but I don't think that's going to end up being the case.

Would I like it to be a good movie yeah, of course, why wouldn't I want to watch something fun, I just don't think that's in the cards, but I would be more than happy to be pleasantly surprised.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
In all seriousness I do believe in the supernatural and that there is something outside of just the normal receivable world. I still think though you better be on guard otherwise because might try to diddle you...😉

It would be great if you could put ghosts to work!

I mean they sleep all day, and then make hell of a racket all night.They already live rent-free, with no obligations whatsoever and since they "physically" can move things and open windows, hatches etc, instead put that energy into turning that ghost into your personal butler.
It can get you some beverage from the fridge, mix some drinks when there is a party etc... Maybe even learn how to cook so there's a hot meal waiting for you when you come home after a hard days work? They could be excellent servants, instead of being just a deadbeat ghost...

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Wtf. One of Winona Ryder's lines on the trailer is that a trickster demon ruined her family blah blah blah and tried to get her to marry him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Beetlejuice was a ghost. I mean he's the Ghost with the most. Why on Earth would...fuck it... I think it just broke my brain a little today.

Just let things lie in peace. Not a huge Beetlejuice fan. It was a fun movie when I saw it as a kid, maybe I watched it once in the past 20 years and it was entertaining, but if I can remember a detail like that, but then you just throw it out the window, what the hell.

Tim Burton's earlier movies were great, but he went off the rails a long time ago, and he should retire like Ridley Scott, that old bastard hasn't put out a decent movie in eons.

Edit: also why on Earth would you go see that and pay for it in IMAX?
its complicated.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still like saying “What in tarhooties???”

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
He could be a demon posing as a ghost.

Its possible Lydia did some homework on him after the first movie in case he came back. This might be part of the plot of the 2nd movie as they find a more "permanent" solution to dealing with him.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
He could be a demon posing as a ghost.

Its possible Lydia did some homework on him after the first movie in case he came back. This might be part of the plot of the 2nd movie as they find a more "permanent" solution to dealing with him.
It'll be a ghost. Don't let that fucker try and screw up some serious position.

Burns

He said he is a dead guy who lived through the black plague, so... ghost. I didn't want to post any proof from fiction, so here is a documentary where he admits it:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He said he is a dead guy who lived through the black plague, so... ghost. I didn't want to post any proof from fiction, so here is a documentary where he admits it:

"I've seen the Exorcist 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.". Regan was possessed by a demon spirit she opened herself up to while using a Ouija board by herself. Good ole Captain Howdy/Pazuzu. Beetlejuice is a demon spirit which is why it amuses him so much.

• 1Picard

Burns

"I've seen the Exorcist 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.". Regan was possessed by a demon spirit she opened herself up to while using a Ouija board by herself. Good ole Captain Howdy/Pazuzu. Beetlejuice is a demon spirit which is why it amuses him so much.
He literally says he is a ghost, but no, lets read into why he likes the exorcist!

• 1Like

Burns

can you summon a ghost by saying its name three times or is that more fitting for a traditional demon like Candyman or Bloody Mary?
I've not seen either of those movies, besides, we are talking about real life here, not fiction! Plus, as he states, he identifies as the ghost with the most, and frankly, I believe him! Thirdly, why would a demon need to sit in the waiting room of the afterlife, like every other shlub entering (re-entering) the afterlife, if he was a demon?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Am I the only one that thinks she referred to him as a demon not literally, but in the same way you call your 3 year old a demon, or a hyperactive cat a demon?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya I always assumed she meant demon as evil, not literally a demon.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've not seen either of those movies, besides, we are talking about real life here, not fiction! Plus, as he states, he identifies as the ghost with the most, and frankly, I believe him! Thirdly, why would a demon need to sit in the waiting room of the afterlife, like every other shlub entering (re-entering) the afterlife, if he was a demon?
demons or evil spirits dont always tell the truth and an evil spirit is a ghost. i might have mentioned this already. anyway, i see this derail is already getting into the "chuk being chuk herp derp" territory. believe what you want. its just a movie after all. Beetlejuice is a bad person/ghost/spirit/demon and lets leave it at that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So is this a ghost musical? Or is it just a musical in spirit?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Caliane

guys still arguing this lol. read that wiki on unclean spirits... The words are used interchangeably throughout history.

Pneuma means spirit. its used alot. it can mean, a soul, an angelic spirit, or demonic spirit, or nature spirt, or elemental spirit, even used for the holy spirit.
Djinn are fire spirits. dryads nature spirits, naiads water spirits.

"Commonly the unclean spirit refers to Dybbuks, spirits of deceased persons who were not laid to rest and thus became demons"
"Other demonic entities are shedim, which appears only twice in the Tanakh; originally a loan-word from Akkadian for a protective, benevolent spirit (sedu), but from Jewish perspective were foreign gods and according to established Jewish lore own beings, created by Jahwe"

Demon just means hostile/malevolent spirit.
the word demon isn't used much at all. unclean or hostile spirits are.

So an evil ghost, evil djinn, evil dryad, evil yokai, evil/fallen angel, etc can all be called a demon.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf