BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My kids Love the Polar Express. I thought it was about as creepy as it gets but after watching it a zillion times I do find it quite good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like polar express but yeah that shit is creepy as fuck so i watch it once, then im good for a few years before i watch it again.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
While not a top 5 Nostalgic type movie, Rare Exports is a good Christmas movie (Foreign), hard to compare to anything else - it's a bit out there.

Christmas Vacation for comedy and Die Hard for action are my top picks.

Not sure on touchy feely drama movies, A Family Stone was set around the holidays - everyone was cheating on each other and someone had cancer, but I remember thinking it was a good movie (Aside from Horse-Face)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Gotta go with Christmas Vaction too. I've watched that at least once every holiday season since... Christ; at least since I was five, and it never gets old.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jait? The fuck is wrong with you? A Christmas Story is a classic!
Christmas Vacation is awesome too.

The wife and I have a Christmas Tradition of watching Love Actually every year.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Technically not a Christmas movie since its about Thanksgiving but I still lump it in with Christmas time as a general "holiday" movie and over the years its become my absolute favorite of the season. The whole theme of holiday travel hell works as well for Christmas as Thanksgiving.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation

And I recently added Elf (you sit on a throne of liesssssss) to the list.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only one I can add that hasn't been mentioned yet is "The Box of Delights" an old BBC production from 1984. I remember seeing it was a kid and its memories haunted me for years. It is set at Christmas time in England, 1934. A young boy befriends an old "Punch and Judy" man at a railway station. The man tells the boy he is being chased by a gang of criminals and gives the boy a box to keep safe. The box ends up being magical (of course) and can shrink the owner, allow him to fly, and send him back in time. I don't remember a whole lot about the movie. I remember someone gives the boy the cryptic warning "the wolves are running" because the gang of criminals is now after the boy because he has the box. At one point the boy shrinks himself and goes exploring in a mouse hole under the floorboards of his house (but I can't remember why). At another point he goes back in time and finds himself in the one of King Arthur's forts while the fort is defending itself against a pack of wolves in the dead of winter.

Anyway, it was a 6-part series and the final episode was shown on Christmas Eve. I haven't tried to watch it again- I'm sure the low-budget production values of 1980's BBC would ruin the fond memories I have- but I can't think of Christmas movies without thinking of it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I love all those Christmas claymation movies. My favorite being The Year Without a Santa Claus because I loved the Snow and Heat Misers. Though it's hard to beat Yukon Cornelius as far as characters go.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The Santa Clause, Tim Allen's classic about an obese murderer who discovers the true meaning of sweatpants.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
All the ones I like have already been mentioned except for Fred Claus. Not in my top 5 or anything, but I find it enjoyable.

jag3rmeiser_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_1267.jpg
every year it's a tradition.

rrr_img_1267.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Jait? The fuck is wrong with you? A Christmas Story is a classic!
I didn't say it wasn't. I loved it and watched it each year until TBS started showing it for entire days at a time. I would love a Die Hard 24 hour marathon just to shake things up from the 10th annual fucking 24 hours of You'll shoot your eye out.