BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched Vacation last night and it's still great.

Kids seem to love the polar express. I think the polar express is the creepiest of all Christmas movies.
rrr_img_53400.jpg

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll watch Scrooged and Home Alone with the kids. For as many shitty movies as my kids are into (preteen girls), at least they appreciate Bill Murray.

When they're asleep, Bad Santa and The Ref.

Also, not sure if it would be classified as a Christmas or Halloween movie, but Silent Night Deadly Night 2 is pure camp trash enjoyment. I'm not usually into the whole "so bad it's good" nonsense, but Garbage Day gets me every time.

Caliane

For years I would have said National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation but Elf is my Christmas movie now. It is just the perfect mix of everything.

Other stuff I look forward to for Christmas are just a lot of classics from my childhood that I can't believe my kids actually enjoy.... Rudolph, Frosty, etc. Who would have thought they would stand the test of time.

Charlie Brown way up there too...

I'm just so sick of Ralphie and "you'll shoot your eye out"
same.

11 when Christmas vacation came out. that was probably my #1, for the longest time. Big fan of Scrooged back then too.
Christmas story for the years prior likely. can't say I remember THAT well back then. As well as other cartoons for sure. All the rankin and bass stuff.

Elf has taken the top spot for sure, though. Love it so much.

I have a hard time watching Christmas story anymore. Most of it is just grating to me now.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
where does "eyes wide shut" fall in people's all time christmas list? the orgy at the mansion has to at least put in on the ranking.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Scrooged is still the best, though any of the claymation ones are great and Christmas Story. Anyone who said Love Actually is either gay or a woman.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Bill Murray's facial expressions and reactions make scrooged awesome. every time I watch it I pick up a little something new that makes me laugh.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
The Santa Clausewith Tim Allen. The first one, not the second or third, although as sequels, they aren't totally awful. But the first one is the best and if you have young children, it doesn't spoil the whole Santa Claus thing for them.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
nobody gets me.

also, fanny & alexander was already mentioned but absolutely watch it and these two if you haven't seen them:

rrr_img_53779.jpg

rrr_img_53780.jpg

^ puts the anthony hopkins version to shame (although it is also worth watching)

Raign

Golden Squire
Oh Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
This is not the best Christmas movie... but this trippy as balls movie is seriously burned into my subconscious. Of all the things to be subjected to as a child... it had to be this. Anyways so yeah,Santa Claus the Movie, I don't know why this got played so many times when I was growing up... but it did and there is no changing that now.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
My top Christmas films

1.Home Alone
2.Die Hard
3.Trading Places
4.Gremlins
5.Its a Wonderful Life

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think i was too old when home alone came out to enjoy it properly. i never really got the love for that film. i liked john candy and joe pesci in it and i thought that movie clip with "keep the change you filthy animal" was cool. the premise and mcqualey culkin though? yeah, im not impressed.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm downloading Elf now. The trailer reminds me heavily of Cabin Boy. Hopefully that is not how it actually is.