Creed
Dunkirk
Mud
Spotlight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fury Road is a great popcorn flick. One of the best ever in fact. But it's not the best movie of this decade, not by a long shot.

I will fight you!

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Mad Max was phenomenal but I feel Dredd is worth mentioning. Movie was top notch, the expectations were pretty bad and it basically blew away everyone.
Someone needs to get George Miller to collaborate with Travis/Garland/etc for a Dredd sequel.

Fury Road was basically a chase scene writ into an entire movie. Dredd was a single day in the life of Judge Dredd, made into a movie.

I don't care what anyone says...I think that would be amazing.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Kind of hard to determine the best movie of an entire decade without going into genres or categories..

But overall, the best and most satisfying would have to be Fury Road, not gonna be very original there.

Dredd is also high on the list, I also really enjoyed First Contact. John Wick is also on the list.

Oh yeah, almost forgot Infinity War / Endgame (as a whole).

Last edited:

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Based on all your white knighting in the rise of Skywalker thread I was expecting that to be your pick.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Ice Burn

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mad Max and Infinity War were the only ones to get an emotional reaction from me.

I liked Baby Driver too.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Book of Eli was really good imo.
Good movie but one thing that really annoyed me about is how good everyone looked. Mila Kunis looked as fuckable as ever in that movie.

The Road, The Road gets it right when it comes to delivering exactly what a apocalypse would look like.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Szlia

Too tough.

Even if I break things into categories, I can't decide. Is the best comedy The Death of Stalin, The Names of Love, Pee Mak or One Cut of the Dead ? Is the bloated pop-corn flick of the decade Baahubali, Battleship Island, The Taking of Tiger Mountain or Assassination ? Is the best "instant classic" drama The Son of Saul or In The Fog ? Is the best Zeitgeist movie Margin Call or Joy ? Is the best overlong epic Mysteries of Lisbon (5h30), From What Is Before (5h38) or La Flor (13ish hours) ?

Inspired by wormie that went with an arbitrary but objective criterion (in wormie's case it was "how many times have I watched it"), I think I'll use "How often do I think about the movie." By this metric, the winner is a chinese neo-noir that is not even the best chinese neo-noir of the decade (that would be Black Coal Thin Ice). So the winner is, the borderline experimental and supremely dry People Mountain People Sea. About 30% of all the spoken lines of the film are in the trailer and I am not even joking.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Interstellar wasnt bad, but imo it tried a little too hard to be a new 2001 space odyssey.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Too tough.

Even if I break things into categories, I can't decide. Is the best comedy The Death of Staline, The Names of Love, Pee Mak or One Cut of the Dead ? Is the bloated pop-corn flick of the decade Baahubali, Battleship Island, The Taking of Tiger Mountain or Assassination ? Is the best "instant classic" drama The Son of Saul or In The Fog ? Is the best Zeitgeist movie Margin Call or Joy ? Is the best overlong epic Mysteries of Lisbon (5h30), From What Is Before (5h38) or La Flor (13ish hours) ?

Inspired by wormie that went with an arbitrary but objective criterion (in wormie's case it was "how many times have I watched it"), I think I'll use "How often do I think about the movie." By this metric, the winner is a chinese neo-noir that is not even the best chinese neo-noir of the decade (that would be Black Coal Thin Ice). So the winner is, the borderline experimental and supremely dry People Mountain People Sea. About 30% of all the spoken lines of the film are in the trailer and I am not even joking.

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fadaar

That guy
Dammit Szila hate when you make a post like that, means I have a bunch of movies to look up

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Infinity War is probably the movie I could watch over and over, although Fury Road or John Wick 1 would be close contenders

Goddamn that deep brass at like 0:35, well the whole first minute, still gives me goosebumps. One of my favorite trailers of all time.

All good choices, but I think I have to go with:

1577468991128.png

This made Villeneuve my favorite director of all time. Wind River was amazing as well but I just found out Villeneuve didn't direct it, it was the guy who wrote Sicario. Interesting.

And a weird right turn honorable mention for me is GANTZ:0. It was visually one of the coolest things I have ever set my eyeballs on, and the evolution of the boss monster through the movie was awesome.

Edge of Tomorrow got a mention up above and I had to add that as well.

Gah should have read more of the thread - I Saw The Devil may well be my favorite movie of ALL TIME and someone else mentioned it. So it has to go here.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users