Best phone games?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
YOU CAN DO IT.
I just did it. I'm pissed off now.

I punched in the code and as I was doing it, was like... this can't be the answer because it's just too simple. ...and it was.

Felt like this:

221ymd.jpg

But now there's this... onward! More puzzles!

Screenshot_20210914-214325_Park Escape.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Why is this thread so bare of new games? I know phone gaming sucks but there has to be something decent given the volume of shit being thrown against the wall.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why is this thread so bare of new games? I know phone gaming sucks but there has to be something decent given the volume of shit being thrown against the wall.
Look at all of the food that oozes from these garbage trucks into the dump. There's gotta be some great meals in there somewhere.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Look at all of the food that oozes from these garbage trucks into the dump. There's gotta be some great meals in there somewhere.

There has to be an unopened Twinkie or bottle of water or something in there…

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Evertale was a great mobile game, then they trashed it to increase monetization. Unplayable garbage after that fatal update.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I just did it. I'm pissed off now.

I punched in the code and as I was doing it, was like... this can't be the answer because it's just too simple. ...and it was.

Felt like this:

View attachment 372697

But now there's this... onward! More puzzles!

View attachment 372696
Finally completed this one. It was one of my favorites. Short of getting really stuck on a couple of things, the challenge level felt like a nice form fitting glove... too hard is frustrating of course but too easy is boring. This worked for me... kept my mind spinning on many different puzzles in many different ways. It's an awesome feeling being on a puzzle for like 10 minutes and just when you feel like looking for help, saying Fuuuuuuk nooooooo to the internet for cheats, and you stay with it and then something clicks and you get it on your own and you push on. This game gave me many of these moments. Can't praise it enough.

Link again: Park Escape - Escape Room Game | Chapter 1 Walkthrough

or here: ‎Park Escape - Room Escape Game

Graphics and GUI aren't my favorite, but the puzzles and the sheer length of the content makes it really stand out.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dragon Quest 6 phone (105).jpg

Think I've mentioned it on here before, but the Dragon Quest phone ports are reaaaally good. Specifically DQ1-6. I got through 1-5, midway through 6. Played the original forms of all of these games, and these phone remakes hold up. They're so compulsively playable. Same goes for the new Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, but I haven't done much with those yet. FF3 in particular is totally new to the US in an official non-3D form.

• 1Like

RaMeN

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rest in peace War Wings, been a great time but now it's gone. By far one of the best mobile games :(

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Picked up IQDungeon. Very very simple as far as execution and looks, but has a high-fantasy theme with puzzles. Totally different type of puzzles than the point/click type of games I've promoted recently in this thread but they'll make you think about stuff outside the box a bit.

If you like puzzles, you may like this one.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a lot of fun with Frag Pro shooter. Semi competitive. If you ever seen the game Monday night combat it's loosely like that.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 377657
Think I've mentioned it on here before, but the Dragon Quest phone ports are reaaaally good. Specifically DQ1-6. I got through 1-5, midway through 6. Played the original forms of all of these games, and these phone remakes hold up. They're so compulsively playable. Same goes for the new Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, but I haven't done much with those yet. FF3 in particular is totally new to the US in an official non-3D form.
I just played dq2 on a long couple of plane rides and an additional few hours at home and finished it. Brings back memories of playing the original on NES. Well done port. Think I’ll do another one.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just played dq2 on a long couple of plane rides and an additional few hours at home and finished it. Brings back memories of playing the original on NES. Well done port. Think I’ll do another one.

Yeah, I played DQ1 and DQ2 during my brief time working night security to help out my short-staffed friend at a college. Had absolutely nothing to do all night, decided to give them a spin. DQ3 is significantly longer and even better.

I've finished the 4/5/6 phone ports now and I liked all of them, though 6 is a bit too long and slow so it wore out its welcome eventually. The rest were great. I just wish they'd port over 7 so I could keep this going. 9 would be great too since it's trapped in DS limbo, and it's shocking they haven't made a console remaster of 8.

Gonna probably have to do emulation for 7 even though I don't really want to, since they haven't given me any choice in the matter.

Either way you can't go wrong with DQ3. YMMV with the others since they're PS1-style remakes rather than SNES-style like 1-3 are. The 3D can be hit-or-miss and I find them to generally be less attractive to look at than the 1-3 remakes.

If you play DQ3 lemme know what party you go with. On the latest run I went with a bizarre Hero/Goof-Off x3 party and once they became 3x Sages they were OP AF, but until then the game was ROUGH and I don't recommend it. I usually go Hero/Thief/Soldier/Mage (later class-changed to Hero/Cleric/Fighter/Sage) which is pretty generic but it gets the job done. Thief-to-Cleric is especially good since it gives you a fast healer who can cast before bosses get their turn.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I played DQ1 and DQ2 during my brief time working night security to help out my short-staffed friend at a college. Had absolutely nothing to do all night, decided to give them a spin. DQ3 is significantly longer and even better.

I've finished the 4/5/6 phone ports now and I liked all of them, though 6 is a bit too long and slow so it wore out its welcome eventually. The rest were great. I just wish they'd port over 7 so I could keep this going. 9 would be great too since it's trapped in DS limbo, and it's shocking they haven't made a console remaster of 8.

Gonna probably have to do emulation for 7 even though I don't really want to, since they haven't given me any choice in the matter.

Either way you can't go wrong with DQ3. YMMV with the others since they're PS1-style remakes rather than SNES-style like 1-3 are. The 3D can be hit-or-miss and I find them to generally be less attractive to look at than the 1-3 remakes.

If you play DQ3 lemme know what party you go with. On the latest run I went with a bizarre Hero/Goof-Off x3 party and once they became 3x Sages they were OP AF, but until then the game was ROUGH and I don't recommend it. I usually go Hero/Thief/Soldier/Mage (later class-changed to Hero/Cleric/Fighter/Sage) which is pretty generic but it gets the job done. Thief-to-Cleric is especially good since it gives you a fast healer who can cast before bosses get their turn.
I actually ended up getting 8 as a lot of people said it was a good one. Controls with the 3d aren’t half bad really. I put it on my iPad and pick it up here and there.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So am I the only sucker on foh who downloaded Evony: The King's Return thinking it was a puzzle game and stuck around anyway?

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've been tempted to because the puzzles look fun but I've been burned before on those games.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So am I the only sucker on foh who downloaded Evony: The King's Return thinking it was a puzzle game and stuck around anyway?
I did based on the ads because what they SHOW looks fun to play but it's a piece of shit iirc.

False advertising with these phone app games needs some form of legislation... it really, REALLY blows and it seems there's 0 recourse for this type of shady business practice.

Do these companies get paid based on downloads only? I assume the answer is yes simply due to the amount of false advertising that's prevalent with these type of games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I started getting more into Mr. Autofire which is not my usual type of game to be into. I really just got sucked into it heh, and I know this is TMI, but it's really my go to game when I'm on the porcelain pony.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've been tempted to because the puzzles look fun but I've been burned before on those games.

I am pretty far into the game now and I have yet to see any puzzles like what was in the ads.

But the game was good enough that I haven't deleted it yet.