Best phone games?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm very surprised that Steve Jackson's Sorcery! series hasn't been mentioned in this thread. They're game adaptations of choose-your-own-adventure books by the same name. These games play excellently on the phone and are very fulfilling experiences, especially Part 2. You can get them on Steam, but they feel great on the phone. If you read Fighting Fantasy back in the day, buy these immediately.

s3-bridgesubmap.jpg

s3-combat.jpg

s3-spellbook.jpg

B_male_deathwraith.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
So I was bored at work and was eyeing the free trial for Google Play. Took the plunge and downloaded a few of the games on my phone. So far I'm playing Iron Marines: RTS offline game (very enjoyable for RTS phone game), Rogue Adventure: Card Battles, and Undead Horde which I have seen on different platforms. Two of the games which you would normally have to pay for I was able to get for free and for the card battle game, the ads were disabled which is super nice.

Links...

Also, I saw my wife playing Beatstar and it really gave me the urge to play guitar hero or rockband again. Damn game is very addicting. Sucks when you hit the paywall but it still adds 30min-1hour of entertainment for me a day. As long as you keep the boxes cleared there are no ads which is pretty much the paywall. You can pay 4.99 a week to get rid of the ads which I find is an insane asking price. Still, a very fun game, and now I have several people at work playing and challenging each other on different songs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Marvel puzzle Quest is about the only game I can stand on the phone. I played it years ago and when I got rid of my phone I stopped back then. Then just now I picked it up again and unfortunately didn't have my OG account.

Its def a slow burn and even more so if you stay F2P but IMO there is no rush. Basically play when you can and start collecting and eventually you will amass tons of hero covers.

Basically its a mach 3 game with marvel heroes. Once you collect enough of xxx color, you fire off a hero power. You collect hero "covers" from doing content and level up their powers by getting more "covers" basically more of the same hero comic covers. Then you level their HP by use of resource called ISO.

F72309B1-46BA-411D-AC34-5D2FF191B2F8.png

Anyway its not a complicated system once youre playing. You basically start off with the campaign which gives you one star and some 2 star heroes. Then you play PVP and PVE events which drop other hero covers over time all the way up to 5 star. But again, this is a slow burn. Years of collecting.

Different heroes have different interactions with each other and you play with teams of 3. So for instance some hero create different color gems for other hero. Some have healing powers, some are just DD, there is others that make protect or attack gems and various other powers...

You can also play this on steam if you want. I have been playing this on steam as well.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm very surprised that Steve Jackson's Sorcery! series hasn't been mentioned in this thread. They're game adaptations of choose-your-own-adventure books by the same name. These games play excellently on the phone and are very fulfilling experiences, especially Part 2. You can get them on Steam, but they feel great on the phone. If you read Fighting Fantasy back in the day, buy these immediately.

s3-bridgesubmap.jpg

s3-combat.jpg

s3-spellbook.jpg

B_male_deathwraith.jpg

Thanks for flagging these.

While looking through these I found Fighting Fantasy Classics which seems to be all the old (and amazing) Steve Jackson stuff.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Someone led me to Slice and Dice and I'm digging it. Roguelike dice game. Pretty simple--roll a die for each of your heroes. Keep it or re-roll. Monster attacks are similarly randomized. The demo is free or you can unlock the whole thing for $7. No microtransaction BS. You can also check it out here:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I did based on the ads because what they SHOW looks fun to play but it's a piece of shit iirc.

False advertising with these phone app games needs some form of legislation... it really, REALLY blows and it seems there's 0 recourse for this type of shady business practice.

Do these companies get paid based on downloads only? I assume the answer is yes simply due to the amount of false advertising that's prevalent with these type of games.

What's the deal with Evony? I see ads for it CONSTANTLY. Half the ads are a Youtuber-looking guy being all like "a lot of mobile games have deceptive ads but not this one!"

So what the hell is Evony and how bad is it?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I might have already asked this somewhere on the board, but how reliable is the Citra emulator on mobile? I've been waiting for a Dragon Quest 7 official release so I can actually give them my money, but one doesn't seem to be forthcoming, and I've been sitting paused after DQ6 for months now. I have Citra and a DQ7 3DS ROM on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. The best possible phone should have no trouble running Citra or a 3DS game, considering my old S9 was able to run it (a bit sluggishly but yeah).

Just wondering if Citra on android is truly reliable, worried DQ7 might stop working halfway through or something weird like that...

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the deal with Evony? I see ads for it CONSTANTLY. Half the ads are a Youtuber-looking guy being all like "a lot of mobile games have deceptive ads but not this one!"

So what the hell is Evony and how bad is it?
All those fake gameplay ads are gateway drugs to get you into one of those base building games and pay gems to speed up building upgrades.

Evony is one of the older ones.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
tried it and digging it. Got to like lv13 so far but shit gets hard as fuuuu.

Gear plays a big role, especially unlocking the gear traits (tied to quality levels). Pets also are super helpful. I'm on level 45.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All those fake gameplay ads are gateway drugs to get you into one of those base building games and pay gems to speed up building upgrades.

Evony is one of the older ones.

So it's not actually a puzzle game where you pull pins to rescue a princess?

da fuq

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anyone in a decent guild in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, my buddy and I looking for a decent guild.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Evony was a fun web based game maybe 10 years ago. Bots broke the game though. Was fun in a "I'm online for than you soni win" sort of way. I can't imagine playing a game like that today

I think the web version that's in adds everywhere is totally different

Chris

Potato del Grande
Evony was a fun web based game maybe 10 years ago. Bots broke the game though. Was fun in a "I'm online for than you soni win" sort of way. I can't imagine playing a game like that today

I think the web version that's in adds everywhere is totally different
Not sure but we played one of those games here for a while, can't remember if it was Evony though.

Seems like there are multiple versions but non like in the ads.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I just came back to puzzle and dragons and boy they added a ton of daily stuff and endgame dungeons. Also currently they are celebrating 10th anniversary in japan and showering you with goodies and currency and whatnot.

If anyone of you guys still playing -> 313,965,430

• 1Solidarity

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just came back to puzzle and dragons and boy they added a ton of daily stuff and endgame dungeons. Also currently they are celebrating 10th anniversary in japan and showering you with goodies and currency and whatnot.

If anyone of you guys still playing -> 313,965,430
I still play this lol. Added you. If we get this godfest that jp got a few weeks ago, you might wanna start saving for that. The godfest going on right now and the HxH collab isnt that great tbh. Try to start working on the 8p arena. It gives you a premade team and youll get a shitload of coins and a free pull if you get enough points before the month ends

edit- if you bff me you can prob clear a bunch of shit using my blackbird as your helper. Hes super easy to use and is one of the best leaders. lmk if you need help with anything can coop w/ you

Last edited:

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wanted to get back into P&D, but need to recover my account. Don't have much of the info, but from it what it sounds like if I did IAP and can remember some of the heroes and leads I had, I might be able to get my account back. I've searched thru some sites for some names, but it's hard sorting thru the crap. Bruuce Bruuce krismunich krismunich , could you guys help me out? I remember some of the leads I had were like light and dark kali? I also had a blue heart based team maybe? I played 3 years ago, maybe more. I think I had a green one as well that I was just starting on, would Odin have been a lead back then?