Best Sports Game of All Time

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
NHL '94 for Sega Genesis.

All other answers are wrong.

Argue anyway.

I would definitely put NHL '94 in the top 3. Another sports game that I loved was Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the Nintendo. That game is like 30 years old and still gives you more options than most games do right now.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
How could I forget about this gem:

The lore in this is better than 99% of actual RPGs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl
images.jpeg

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Never play sports games but I do like the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games. Haven't played one in a fair while but in the late 90s through to the mid 2000s the games were fun.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
NFL 2K5

Game was far ahead of its time that EA has.paid billions upon billions of dollars to keep 2k from making another sim football title. Even to this day, it has many features that Madden doesn't, the AI and the logic are still miles ahead...and the presentation is still light years ahead of Madden despite not having an additional 16 years and billions of dollars thrown at it, and can out 2 generations ago.

So much this.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm going to say Nintendo Wii anysports b/c i saw my parents pick up a controller and have fun.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There are a handful of masterpieces - I'll start with Tony Hawk. If surfing and snowboarding are sports, so is skateboarding and I got 100's of hours with those games in high school & college.

NCAA football 2001/2002, FIFA etc. Tiger Woods' old games were awesome too.

Basketball games have never been fun to me to play outside of NBA Jam

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still say the first Madden on the Genesis was something to behold at the time. Bulls vs Blazers was another one that I hold in high regard (again Genesis). If we were to do it by sport:

Football - Madden Football (genesis)
Basketball - Bulls vs Blazers (genesis)
Baseball - Bases Loaded (NES) or Baseball Sim 1.000 (NES)
Hockey - NHL 94 (Sega CD)
Other - Mutant League Football or Rugby (genesis)

It's no accident that every one except baseball is EA Sports.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Diddy Kong Racing was also a masterpiece

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NHL '94 for Sega Genesis.

All other answers are wrong.

Argue anyway.

I remember figuring out how to consistantly get the goalie stuck on the wrong side of the net in that game and just running up the score and getting bored of it. The other glitch I really remember in a sports game as a kid was the NCAA basketball for SNES. There was a player for UCONN that never missed three pointers once he got tired. If you won with too high a score, sometimes the game counted it as a loss, lol.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
NCAA 14 for me. Play it occasionally still via a PS3 emulator. The coaching carousel and the replay-ability that provides is my favorite feature ever introduced in a sports title