Better Call Saul

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can anyone explain what kind of illness (if it even is one) that his brother has? Radioactive poisoning?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice foreshadowing in the tailor shop, when the old guy leaves and Jimmy checks some orange shirt / red tie combo, a setup he'll eventually embrace.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Finally, the trials and tribulations of one Mike Ehrmantraut. The series has been solid so far, it should just be getting better.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So... start watching now or wait until the season is over and binge it all?

Royal

I loved him scoping out Matlock for wardrobe ideas for appealing to the blue hairs. He got game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is some issues with chuck's illness. why is he living in a gridded community? even if he has no electricity there are still power lines all over. emitting electromagnet rays also it doesnt need to be dangerous to live off grid. why not have him live out in a cabin in the desert? just have a wood stove for heating and cooking and he would be fine?

Royal

The shit is all in his head. How would he get supplies regularly if he lived out in the middle of nowhere? He might be crazy but he's not nuts.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there is some issues with chuck's illness. why is he living in a gridded community? even if he has no electricity there are still power lines all over. emitting electromagnet rays also it doesnt need to be dangerous to live off grid. why not have him live out in a cabin in the desert? just have a wood stove for heating and cooking and he would be fine?
Because it's not a real illness and he's not going to give up the convenience of a million dollar home over it. His mind convinced itself that just living in a house without power is good enough, because comfort.

I think the studies back in that time weren't out yet, so people actually thought it was a real thing. Today he'd just be dismissed and sent to a psychiatrist.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because it's not a real illness and he's not going to give up the convenience of a million dollar home over it. His mind convinced itself that just living in a house without power is good enough, because comfort.
I don't think his house is a $1m one, he lives in an average neighbourhood in Albuqueque NM.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think his house is a $1m one, he lives in an average neighbourhood in Albuqueque NM.
I wouldn't know exactly what the prices are, but it appears to be a fairly large home to live in alone, right? Definitely not a shack.

And isn't it remarkably inappropriate for a major partner in the most influental law firm in the city to live in anything less than a mansion?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The shit is all in his head. How would he get supplies regularly if he lived out in the middle of nowhere? He might be crazy but he's not nuts.
i have never been to New Mexico, but i have visited Nevada and Arizona and the desert is never far away from the big cities. hell soon as you get off the vegas strip you are right in the desert. in fact there are many mobile homes dotting the desert maybe 15 minutes from the middle of fremont. you dont need to live a hundred miles from anyone, but as long as you dont have power lines directly overhead you should be ok. yeah i know its a mental illness, but somebody as intelligent as chuck would realize that you cant stop electromagnet rays simply by ripping the wires out of your breaker box.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't know exactly what the prices are, but it appears to be a fairly large home to live in alone, right? Definitely not a shack.

And isn't it remarkably inappropriate for a major partner in the most influental law firm in the city to live in anything less than a mansion?
I'm gonna agree with you about the mind stuff, he clearly sees his house at some kind of sanctuary.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now the question becomes: What happened 18-24 months ago that triggered this in Chuck and how much of that was Saul's fault? Saul did mention Chuck gets worse when something happens to him.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
i have never been to New Mexico, but i have visited Nevada and Arizona and the desert is never far away from the big cities. hell soon as you get off the vegas strip you are right in the desert. in fact there are many mobile homes dotting the desert maybe 15 minutes from the middle of fremont. you dont need to live a hundred miles from anyone, but as long as you dont have power lines directly overhead you should be ok. yeah i know its a mental illness, but somebody as intelligent as chuck would realize that you cant stop electromagnet rays simply by ripping the wires out of your breaker box.
Why is this irrational person behaving irrationally? I don't understand!